The Marianist Lay Community of North America (MLC-NA) represents all lay Marianists in Canada, the USA, Puerto Rico and Haiti. This includes members of Marianists Lay Communities (MLC's), Marianist Affiliates, vowed laity, Associates, and those who have made intentional commitments of service to Marianist education, formation and justice institutions.
The MLC-NA is recognized by the Family Council of North America to represent all lay Marianists and by the International Organization of Marianist Lay Communities (IO/MLC) to name official US delegates to its MLC Convocations.
When associated with MLC-NA, and through it with the IO/MLC, MLCs are recognized by the Catholic Church as a private association of the faithful.
MLC-NA is a not-for-profit organization with over 1000 members.
lay Marianists on the local, continental and international levels WE ARE:
- leading a new vision of Church, egalitarian in leadership, in the spirit of our Gospel roots and our Marianist Founders
- allying with Mary in her mission to bring forth God's reign in the world.
- forming members in our Marianist charism by supporting existing and developing new educational resources
- building and sustaining vibrant communities of prayer and action
- mentoring new communities and future leaders
- reaching out and effecting change through social justice initiatives
- deepening relationships within the larger Marianist Family
- hosting Continental Assemblies
Previously known as the Marianist Lay Network (MLNNA), the organization changed its name to MLC-NA to emphasis that we are more than a network. We are the Organizing Unit for the Lay branch in North America and our vision is that we should be a Model of Community for our lay communities.