Global Grandmothers welcomes you to our Global-Gram Archive!
We send these, more or less monthly, to our members and friends.
To share with a friend, click on the Gram you are looking for, copy the web address that appears in the navigation bar on the upper left of the browser window, and send that link. Enjoy!
- Thank you for raising $1351 for OneSky (3/28/2017)
- Bay Area Global Grandmothers, and those farther away, contributed to raising funds for our walk to benefit OneSky.
- Your OneSky Opportunity (2/27/2017)
- OneSky has taken up the challenge to help an increasingly urbanized Asia with child care support in Vietnam and grandparent support in China.
- Sharing The Love: Supporting Our Mission (2/2/2017)
- Global Grandmothers announces its annual appeal Sharing the Love and asks for your support.
- Survey Results 2016 (1/23/2017)
- This Global Gram synopsizes the survey responses we received from you.
- Giving is Good (12/7/2016)
- Suggestions for your holiday giving.
- Thank You (11/21/2016)
- Global Grandmother Board Members and Advisors thank you!
- Children and Hurricane Matthew (10/24/2016)
- Since Hurricane Matthew, the Carolinas are underwater and Haiti is expecting more cholera cases. Save the Children and Partners in Health address these needs.
- Girl Watching - See How They Go (10/12/2016)
- Michelle Obama and Meryl Streep join in a TV special to celebrate October 11, the International Day of the Girl. CAMFED, a Global Grandmothers' recommended charity, focuses on education for African girls.
- Annual Fall News 2016 (9/28/2016)
- Here we celebrate Global Grandmothers five-year anniversary, and feature new members and stories about why people give.
- Your One Wild and Precious Life (6/23/2016)
- Reading is a blissful summer activity that most of us can enjoy thanks to a teacher and books. Learn how Room to Read brings reading to kids everywhere.
- Is April Earthquake Weather? (4/22/2016)
- Nepal's devastating earthquake one year ago killed 9,000 people. Learn how Nepal Youth Foundation is assisting recovery.
- Help Nepal May 21 (4/2/2016)
- You can help Nepal by participating in the Bay Area Chapter's walk benefiting the Nepal Youth Foundation.
- Help for Women - and Babies (3/8/2016)
- Nurse-Family Partnership is a proven program for first time moms and their babies, and a GG recommended charity.
- March 19 Lake Merritt Walk the Walk (2/20/2016)
- Global Grandmothers announces its second Walk - March 19 in the morning, around Oakland's Lake Merritt and benefitting Nurse-Family Partnership.
- A Program Politicians Can Agree On! (2/13/2016)
- Here we highlight the accomplishments of one of our newly recommended charities, Nurse-Family Partnership, and share a moving video.
- Continuing His Legacy (1/18/2016)
- Martin Luther King gave many famous speeches but none more inspirational than the one quoted here - where he notes that every person living in poverty makes each of us poorer.
- How to Warm Your Holidays (12/12/2015)
- There is nothing like giving a gift to a child in need to bring the holiday spirit. In this Gram we remind you of our recommendations.
- Thanks Giving - $3276 for Child Refugees! (11/21/2015)
- We celebrated a great walk with Thanks Giving! We raised $3276 for Save The Children's Child Refugee Appeal.
- Attend Walk the Walk with Global Grandmothers - San M (11/12/2015)
- A reminder of our November 14 San Mateo Shoreline Walk to support refugee children.
- $1000 and Counting for Refugee Children (11/10/2015)
- We have surpassed our $1000 fundraising goal for the November 14 Walk.
- You Can Help Refugee Children (10/29/2015)
- The flow of refugees is overwhelming. Donate to Save the Children and walk with us on November 14 to help refugee children.
- Walk the Walk with Global Grandmothers - San Mateo Shoreline (10/7/2015)
- Global Grandmothers announces the first walk, Saturday, November 14, 2015, to benefit Save the Children's Child Refugee Appeal.
- Walk the Walks - Save these Dates (9/16/2015)
- Global Grandmothers announces Walk the Walks to enjoy the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area and raise money for key children's charities.
- Global Grandmothers Fall News (9/10/2015)
- Global Grandmothers recommends charities to save you time and make sure your money goes far.
- June, Graduation, and Nepal (6/4/2015)
- Reports on the earthquake recovery efforts by the charities Save the Children, Nepal Youth Foundation, and Room to Read.
- Mother Power Goes to China (5/6/2015)
- We review Wish You Happy Forever, the compelling story of how Jenny Bowen started Half the Sky and changed childcare in China.
- Helping Nepal's Children (4/29/2015)
- We suggest three charities for your gifts to support the children of Nepal after the horrendous April earthquake.
- Giving is the Best Gift (4/1/2015)
- GG'er Leni von Blanckensee explains how she uses linked giving to honor family occasions, and help children in need at the same time.
- You, Bill Gates, and Linked Giving (3/20/2015)
- The UN is setting new millennium goals of eliminating poverty by 2030. LIke the Gates Foundation, we can participate with linked giving.
- Linked Giving for the Younger Set? (3/1/2015)
- Global Grandmother Pamela Blatt looks forward to selecting a GG recommended charity with her grandson, who turns 4 in April
- Charity Begins At Home (2/12/2015)
- Serious poverty still exists here in the U.S. and Save the Children helps here too.
- Are You A Grand Other? (2/1/2015)
- Global Grandmothers Kate Parnes makes linked gifts to honor her sisters' birthdays since she isn't a grandmother.
- Our Film Nominee: A Path Appears (1/20/2015)
- "A Path Appears" - the lastest book by famed journalists Kristof & WuDunn - has become a film being shown on PBS.
- Mom - and Grandmoms - Love Linked Giving (12/9/2014)
- Linked giving makes sense to moms as well as grandmoms, especially in the holiday season.
- Thanksgiving & the Gift List (11/25/2014)
- Ideas on involving your grandkids in giving - including a choice about where the gifts should go.
- Kids Have Fun With Giving (11/1/2014)
- A reminder for November linked giving - and "Adopt A Family" as a way to make holiday giving real for kids.
- Treat Yourself for Halloween (10/21/2014)
- The new book "A Path Appears" by NY Times columnist Nicholas Kristof and his wife Sheryl WuDunn is a reading treat - and GG is featured!
- October Birthdays Coming Up? (10/1/2014)
- A reminder for October linked giving -- and a note of appreciation to Uncle Bob and Aunt Betty. Aunt Betty is a Global Grandmother!
- Fall Giving News (9/12/2014)
- Partners in Health is addressing Ebola. And here are lots of inside tidbits on Global Grandmothers.
- A Summer Read (6/20/2014)
- Room to Read has published children's books in many languages where there were none. Meet native authors and illustrators they use.
- Call the Midwife - or the Nurse (5/8/2014)
- Nurses, and mothers, remind us every day what real caring is about - and the nurses at Partners In Health embody that care.
- Gifts and Caring Children (4/17/2014)
- Caring children develop based on adults actions, not their words. Global Grandfather Tony shows his caring by giving when he visits his grandson.
- International Women's Day (3/8/2014)
- 12 Years A Slave has shined a light on slavery existing today and its director Steven McQueen is a special ambassador for the Polaris Project..
- A Special Valentine (2/12/2014)
- Consider giving your grandchild the opportunity to sponsor a child in need as a special valentine gift.
- Kids Campaign Against Child Slavery (1/24/2014)
- One little girl, Vivienne Harr, decided that she wanted to eliminate childhood slavery with her lemon-aid! Now Nepal Youth Foundation will benefit.
- Holiday Giving and the Generosity Network (12/17/2013)
- The holidays are a perfect time to do linked giving and Global Grandmothers has recommendations on worthy charities.
- ThanksGiving and the Philippines (11/21/2013)
- Donate to Save the Children to assist the victims of typhoon Haiyan.
- A Home for 3342 Children! (11/8/2013)
- NPH USA provides a home for 3342 children in Latin American countries.
- International Day of the Girl (10/11/2013)
- Celebrate International Day of the Girl Child with the Nepal Youth Foundation, a leader in the fight to eradicate child slavery in Nepal.
- Help Syria's Children (9/20/2013)
- Save the Children provides sorely needed resources to Syria's children.
- Grandparents Day, Grandchidren and Quilting (9/6/2013)
- Sandy Piotter involves her grandchildren in making a quilt for refugees.
- Help UNICEF with Global Change (7/29/2013)
- UNICEF's Change for Good program takes your foreign coins and currency.
- Celebrate Graduates with Camfed (6/7/2013)
- Camfed changes the lives of African girls through education, making it an ideal linked gift for your graduate.
- Olga Murray of Nepal Youth Foundation (5/22/2013)
- Olga Murray, now in her 80's, meets up with Isabel Allende to discuss the Nepal Youth Foundation.
- Mother's Day, Babies, & Nurse-Family Partnership (5/9/2013)
- A gift to Nurse-Family Partnership is perfect for Mother's Day.
- GG Reviews Camfed, Nepal Youth Foundation, & Room to Read (4/4/2013)
- As part of its annual assessment of charities, GG visits Camfed, Nepal Youth Foundation & Room to Read and finds common qualities.
- International Women's Day & the Polaris Project (3/8/2013)
- The Polaris Project combats human trafficking by advocacy and services, in the tradition of the suffragettes.
- Valentines for Nurse-Family Partnership (3/6/2013)
- Nurse-Family Partnership changes families by supporting young mothers and their babies.
- Give To Our Recommendations By December 31 (12/26/2012)
- A reminder of the convenience of having vetted charities for children located in one place, the Global Grandmothers website!
- Three Global Grandmothers on Giving & Grandchildren (12/13/2012)
- Three Global Grandmothers share their stories on giving to others with their grandchildren.
- A Holiday Introduction to Global Grandmothers (12/5/2012)
- Here's why you should join Global Grandmothers - and become a linked giver.
- Paola Gianturco Talks on Grandmother Power (11/27/2012)
- Paola Gianturco will talk on her fascinating and beautiful book, Grandmother Power.
- Getting Grandchildren Into Giving (11/20/2012)
- How to use a global wishlist to involve grandchildren in giving.
- Kids Can Make a Difference (11/7/2012)
- Make a Difference Day is October 27. Global Grandmothers make a difference and so can kids.
- Half the Sky PBS Special Oct 1 (9/27/2012)
- Half the Sky, a documentary on the difficulties women face worldwide, features Room to Read as a charity making a difference.
- Grandmother Power - a Book for Youl (9/22/2012)
- Paola Gianturco has written Grandmother Power to feature grandmothers who are changing the world.
- Celebrate Grandparents Day (9/7/2012)
- "Do Something Grand" to celebrate Grandparents Day. Here are suggestions.
- An Invitation to Global Grandmothers (7/16/2012)
- This is an email that shares Global Grandmothers with family and friends, encouraging them to join.
- Spread the Word (7/16/2012)
- This Gram encourages GG members to spread the word and includes a proposed email to do so. That proposed email is listed above as "An Invitation to Global Grandmothers."
- Global Grandmothers Website Re-Launch (6/20/2012)
- The GG website now has a Kids' Page, a blog, and I-pad friendly navigation.
- Room to Read for Graduation (6/10/2012)
- Room to Read lives by its core belief, World Changes Starts with Educated Children.
- May Newsletter & Camfed, Nepal Youth Foundation & Polaris Project (5/10/2012)
- In its annual charity review for 2012, the GG Board added charities Camfed, Nepal Youth Foundation, and Polaris Project.
- If the World Were A Village (4/17/2012)
- If the World Were A Village is an amazing little children's book which hypothesizes that the world has a population of 100.
- Partners in Health Co-Founder Nominated to Head World Bank (3/24/2012)
- Dr. Jim Kim, a co-founder of Partners in Health with Dr. Paul Farmer and Ophelia Dahl, has been nominated to head the World Bank.
- Global Grandmothering in Action (3/8/2012)
- Global Grandmother Sarah Pruden describes how she shared a linked gift with her grandchildren.
- February Newsletter with Facts and Figures (2/16/2012)
- This newsletter highlights facts and figures about grandparents, giving, and global need. It also announces that GG has added Partners in Health as a recommended charity.
P.O Box 471
San Mateo, CA 94401