|Haiku Society of America Email Bulletin Archive|
|The Haiku Society of America Bulletin is a brief monthly email publication intended to keep HSA members informed in a timely manner of upcoming HSA events and membership benefits, as well as report briefly on past events. Links can be found on this page to all past issues of the Bulletin. For more information about the HSA, please visit our web page at http://www.hsa-haiku.org/.|
- 2014 HSA Bulletins
- September 08, 2014
- Addendum to Sept 05 email. More comprehensive details about the Financial Times' new weekly haiku contest; announcement of Haiku Northwest's publication of No Longer Strangers: Haiku Northwest 25th Anniversary Anthology, with reviews; announcement of Haiku Northwest's 2014 Seabeck Haiku Getaway to take place October 16-1014
- September 05, 2014
- News about meetings and elections from the President; new weekly haiku contest from the Financial Times
- August 05, 2014
- HSA Scholarship awarded to Genevieve Bergeson, granting her two years of membership in the HSA.
- Ripples, August 2014
- The latest news from the regional divisions of the HSA
- July 05, 2014
- Scheduled unveiling of the new HSA logo is announced; Members' Anthology approaching delivery.
- June 05, 2014
- HSA President gives details of Minigrants for 2014; Ripples deadlines pushed back a month due to illness of the editor; announcement of the Cradle of America Haiku Festival 4 and the Quarterly Meeting of The Haiku Society of America, July 2527, 2014.
- May 05, 2014
- Announcement re: 2104 Members' Anthology; Haiku Holiday is a hit; news of the success of the mentoring program.
- April 05, 2014
- Message from the HSA President discussing mentoring, commissioning a new logo, request for a volunteer 'postrunner,' the budget, HSA Atlanta and the Members' Anthology.
- Haiku Circle Announcement, March 2014
- The 8th annual Haiku Circle in Northfield, MA will be held Saturday June 7, 2014 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Addendum to Ripples, March 2014
- Somehow we overlooked an article presenting Mid Atlantic, Towpath Regional News submitted by Ellen Compton when we sent out the March issue of Ripples. So we issued this addendum.
- March 05, 2014
- Reminder to members that submissions for the 2014 Members' Anthology are due May 31, 2014.
- Ripples, March 2014
- Ripples, the newsletter of the HSA now available and delivered to membership as pdf file.
- February 05, 2014
- First Quarterly Meeting of HSA, Atlanta, March 21-23, 2014 announced, program description and accommodations; Robert Spiess Memorial Haiku Award Competition for 2014; 2013 Kanterman Awards
- January 05, 2014
- Highlights of 2013 from President Lanoue; Robert Speiss Memorial Haiku Award competition announced; report of the Winter Meeting of HAS metro northeast that was held December 21, 2013.
- Election Results, December 2013
- Announcement of the results of the election of HSA officers and regional coordinators for 2014.
- December 05, 2013
- Announcements from the President, David Lanoue, regarding recent elections, sharing haiku internationally, and up-coming meetings.
- Election Day, November 2013
- Reminder to vote.
- Bulletin November 05, 2013
- Monthly Bulletin - no real news.
- Addendum #2 to Ripples, November 2013
- A second article omitted from the issue of Ripples, this one concerning the Mississippi Mud Daubers.
- Addendum to Ripples, November 2013
- The report of the Annual Meeting in Evanston that should have been included in the issue of Ripples.
- Ripples, November 2013
- The latest issue of Ripples.
- Email Blast, October 31, 2013
- Announcement that, beginning with the upcoming HSA election, voting will be done electronically.
- Email Blast 2, October 07, 2013
- Note about refunds for people who prepaid for the 2012 Members' Anthology, which has been cancelled.
- Email Blast, October 07, 2013, 2013
- Call for volunteers from HSA President.
- October 05, 2013
- No news; just a reminder to visit our website for all info related to HSA
- September 05, 2013
- The recipient of the SORA Award announced: John Stevenson; 2012 HSA Members' Anthology still in the works; news about HSA elections; Charles Trumbull appointed as the 2013-2014 Honorary Curator of the American Haiku Archives; plus reminders of upcoming deadlines.
- Haiku Symposium, Repeat Reminder, Aug. 14, 2013
- Reminder - National Haiku Symposium, Sept. 27-29, 2013 in Evanston - replacing an earlier reminder that had the wrong location and date in the subject line.
- August 05, 2013
- Message from the President - thanks to volunteers, announcement of mentorship program and status of the 2012 Members' Anthology; 2nd Annual Ginko Haikufest: "gazing at flowers"; plus repeat ads for upcoming events.
- July 05, 2013
- 2nd Annual Ginko Haikufest: "gazing at flowers"; plus repeat ads for upcoming events.
- Ripples, July 2013
- The electronic version of the July Ripples is delivered.
- June 05, 2013
- 2012 Kanterman Book Awards Announced; HSA Quarterly Meeting, December 13-15, 2013 in New Orleans; Sundry Requests from HSA President, David Lanoue; Evanston, Illinois will host HSA's Annual National Meeting Friday through Sunday, Sept. 27-29. The Symposium's theme will be: Contemporary Haiku: Where Do We Go From Here? Haiku North America 2013 will be held August 14-18 onboard the Queen Mary, in Long Beach; Bruce Ross is soliciting haiku for a North American section of a contemporary world haiku anthology.
- HSA Quarterly Meeting, 2013
- Reminder of the upcoming HSA Quarterly Meeting to be held June 2123 in Seattle, Washington
- May 05, 2013
- HSA Members' Anthology 2012 will ship within four weeks; Call for submissions from members for the HSA Members' Anthology 2013; Schedule for the HSA National Meeting (September, Chicago), including slate of authors accompanied by their bios; San Diego's Ants on the Sidewalk; Bruce Ross calls for submissions for the North American section of an anthology of contemporary world haiku.
- April 05, 2013
- Details of the HSA Members' Anthology and call for submissions; request for volunteers to recruit new members; Haiku Poeets of the Garden State; HSA Annual Meeting to host a symposium entitled, 'Haiku: Where Do We Go From Here?' and the schedule listed; Haiku North America & HSA to share booth at Los Angeles Times Festival of Books; Haiku San Diego's ants on the sidewalk; Bruce Ross is soliciting haiku for a North American section of a contemporary world haiku anthology.
- Ripples, March 2013
- The first online issue of Ripples is delivered as an attached pdf file.
- March 05, 2013
- Submission deadlines for: Robert Frost Poetry & Haiku contests; Nicholas A. Virgilio Memorial Haiku Contest for Grades 7-12; Mildred Kanterman Memorial Merit Book Awards; North American section of a contemporary world haiku anthology to be edited by Bruce Ross. Quarterly meetings announced. Haiku North America & HSA to share booth at Los Angeles Times Festival of Books. Haiku San Diego's ants on the sidewalk.
- February 05, 2013
- A Note From David G. Lanoue, HSA President; Haikufest To Be Held in Metro Chicago; HSA National Meeting, 55 West Bethune, New York City; Haiku Society of America's Annual National Meeting/Symposium; HSA 2013 Election Results; Haiku North America 2013: Intervals Request for Presentation Proposals
- January 18, 2013 - resend with corrected link to join HSA
- The malfunctioning link to the HSA site in the earlier email was corrected and the email resent
- January 18, 2013
- Reminder to members to renew for 2013
- 2012 HSA Bulletins
- December 30, 2012
- Member Anthology delayed; Ignatius Fay is new HSA Bulletin editor
- October 27, 2012
- Invitation to Winter Light: A Carolina Haiku Gathering
- Mid-October 2012
- Winners 2012 Gerald Brady Memorial Senryu Contest; Winter Light: A Carolina Haiku Gathering announced; LeRoy Gorman new Honorary Curator of American Haiku Archives; Phyllis Walsh (1928-2012); Seabeck Haiku Getaway celebrated 5 years
- September 2012
- Schedule HSA Fall Quarterly Meeting; Garden State poetry reading; Seabeck Haiku Getaway announced
- June 2012
- Winners 2011 Kanterman Merit Book Award; 2013 Haiku North America announced; Hortensia Anderson (1959-2012); Carolyn Tamadge (1935-2012); recap HSA Second Quarterly Meeting
- April 2012
- Virginia Brady Young dies at 100; Frogpond submissions reminder; Einbond Renku Competition deadline
- March 22, 2012
- Did you receive the latest Frogpond?
- March 2012
- Frogpond submissions open; Francine Banwarth, new Frogpond editor; 2012 Kids Count for Earthday Haiku Webfest; Kiyoshi & Kiyoko Tokutomi Memorial Haiku Vontest announced; National Cherry Blossom Festival call for volunteers
- Jan/Feb 2012
- Changes to Frogpond; last reminder Fourth Quarterly Meeting; Susan Marie LaVallee (1950-2011); Announced: Robert Speiss Memorial Haiku Award 2012, Robert Frost Poetry & Haiku Contest, Math Haiku Competition
Haiku Society of America
P.O. Box 31
Nassau, New York 12123
- 2011 HSA Bulletins
- HSA Bulletin December 2011
- HSA Quarterly Meeting call to register; Members' Anthology update; deadline for San Francisco International Rengay Contest
- HSA Bulletin November 2011
- Call for ALA papers; Alice Mae Ward, RIP; Fourth Quarterly Meeting announced
- HSA Bulletin October 2011
- HSA contests, Frogpond acceptances, the Fourth Quarterly Meeting, and a reminder to renew your HSA membership.
- HSA Bulletin September 2011
- Obituary for Janice M. Bostok, as well as information about an upcoming dues increase, quarterly meetings, the .haiku column, and the release of the fall issue of Frogpond.
- HSA Bulletin August 2011
- Quarterly meetings, contest deadlines, the HSA Facebook page, and back issues of Frogpond available online.
- HSA Bulletin July 2011
- Inaugural edition. Includes information about annual contests, quarterly meetings, and the Bend Haiku weekend, as well as the "Haiku Corner" feature.
Haiku Society of America
P.O. Box 31
Nassau, New York 12123