|Worcester Cultural Coalition Media Archive
Arts & Culture Connection Enewsletters and Press Releases
Stay in the know about Worcester's bustling cultural scene as a subscriber to the Worcester Cultural Coalition's bi-monthly enewsletter: Worcester's Arts & Culture Connection as well as our monthly WOO Newsletter with the latest on deals and discounts through our WOO Card program. Jam packed with things to, places to go... you don't want to miss them! Stay on top of the latest news from the Cultural Coalition as well with press releases posted here.
- Allen's Court Alley Mural PR Sept 2014
- The Worcester Business Development Corporation and local community partners today announced the unveiling of two new large scale murals in Downtown Worcester's Theatre District on the former Telegram & Gazette building at 20 Franklin Street. The murals are located in Allen Court "Arts Alley" across from Worcester City Hall and the Common.
- PopUp Announcement September 2014
- Please join us in celebrating the start of Worcester PopUp's second season with a Creativity PopUp Potluck.
- Media Advisory: Final OTL Concert celebrates AAS
- City officials and AAS staff will gather behind City Hall on Thursday, Aug. 21, to honor one of Worcester's most important cultural institutions, the American Antiquarian Society.
- PopUp & Mural Celebration August 2014
- Join us to celebrate the completion of the first downtown mural by renowned
international artist Caleb Neelon and his assistant James Mustin on the Denholm Building.
- August 4, 2014 Media Advisory: OTL celebrates Sustainability Week
- The Out to Lunch Summer Concert Series at the Worcester Common Oval, 455 Main Street, Worcester, will celebrate Sustainability this week, on Thursday, August 7th, featuring sixties rock with Throwback from the 1960's and a variety of new vendors offering ways to lessen your carbon footprint.
- July 31, 2014 Media Advisory: Neelon tapped for Denholm Building Mural
- Internationally renowned artist Caleb Neelon has been tapped to create large mural in downtown Worcester... see the transformation take place beginning Monday, August 4th
- July 24, 2014 Media Advisory: Worcester PopUp Artist Reception
- Please join us at Worcester PopUps Artist Reception. The second exhibition will be unveiled in the newest downtown gallery space.
- Arts Matter Forum Evite July 2014
- Please join us in showing the candidates for governor of Massachusetts that arts matter in this election!
- July 7, 2014 Media Advisory: Worcester Wayfinding
- Worcester Wayfinding Initiative gets $3 million in funding. Project will create275 installations, making it easier to navigate the city.
- Media Advisory: Worcester Wayfinding Initiative
- Mayor Joseph M Petty, the Worcester City council and City Manager Edward M. Augustus cordially invite you to attend an announcement on the Worcester Wayfinding Initiative.
- July 7, 2014 Wayfinding Evite
- Please join local and state officials for a press conference announcing the release of 3 million dollars for the implementation of the Worcester Wayfinding Initiative.
- Media Advisory: Out to Lunch Concert Cancelled June 2014 for Today
- Out to Lunch Concert and Farmers Market cancelled due to weather. Series to resume next week with The Hip Swayers.
- Please Join Us: WOOphoria June 2014
- Please join us for WOOphoria: Take Me Out to the Ballgame! Get your picture with the teams new mascot Jake, meet and greet with Bravehearts players, earn a special WOO Card discount on food concessions, mingle with WOO venues, enter to win raffles, prizes and more!
- Media Advisory: Out to Lunch Concert Series performers announced May 2014
- Out to Lunch Concert Series announces the summer lineup! Dynamic entertainment, farmers market and food vendors set to return to Worcester Common Oval for the sixth season.
- Greater Worcester Gives May 2014
- Demonstrate your support for our local non-profit organizations through this historic, online fundraising campaign.
- Media Advisory: 8,000 students making cultural leap
- The Education Committee of the Worcester Cultural Coalition serves to foster relations and programming between the Worcester Public Schools and Worcester Cultural Coalition member organizations. The cultural collaboration promotes the development of grade level immersive programs called Leaps. These programs impact all students in a grade and provide intensive and interdisciplinary learning experiences that use the riches of the cultural organizations and support key elements of the Worcester Public Schools curriculum.
- Media Advisory - Spring 2014 Worcester Windows
- Spring has sprung - check out the latest installment of the Worcester Windows Community Gallery program.
- Please Join Us: RendezWOO February 2014
- Join us for an evening of fun and froyo at Wooberry Frozen Yogurt! Enjoy live entertainment, an art activity, meet Mr. Smiley, games, raffles, prizes and more! WOO Cards will be available for purchase for just $10.
- Media Advisory: WAC 2014 Grantees
- The Worcester Arts Council announces the recipients of its 2014 LCC grant funds.
- October 8, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Art is "Off the Wall," Halloween Hikes are just beginning, and Russian Tea is the talk of the town. Check out these awesome events and what else is going on in the WOO here.
- September 24, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- The Newly-Wed Game, a PopUp Potluck, and the Third Annual Worcester Schubertiad are ready to WOO you. Read on to find out more about what is going on in your favorite city this month.
- Sept 10, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- stARt on the street is back and ready to WOO you. Also enjoy using your deals and discounts at Old Sturbridge Village for their Agricultural Exhibition. Looking for more? Celebrate the 8th Annual Moon Festival with the Southeast Asian Coalition.
- September 2014 Public WOO News
- Who's ready to fall into the fun? Get out and enjoy the splendor of the autumn season with a bevy of outdoor fairs and festivals celebrating New England at its prettiest! Or try your hand at a new hobby or craft - WOO's got your covered! And join us in welcoming our newest member to the WOO Card program - Ritual Restaurant, 281 Main Street, Worcester, serving up high quality American fare in a hip, fun atmosphere and just a stone's through from The Hanover Theatre, Mechanics Hall and DCU Center!
- August 27, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Check out what is left to do in the WOO during the remainder of the sunny summer days. Join us at the Blackston Canalfest, stop by the PopUp for its final dance workshop, and celebrate Labor Day Weekend at Old Sturbridge Village with the family.
- August 13, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Murals, festivals, movies and more! Learn about caterpillars at Tower Hill, discover history and architecture with Preservation Worcester, and get outside with Neighborhood Nature at Broad Meadow Brook!
- July 16, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Experience A Year Outside: A Natural History Photography exhibit at the Worcester Center for Crafts, spend your Thursday lunch hour and go Out to Lunch with band Jubilee Gardens, test your knowledge at Worcester PopUps Wait, Wait Dont Tell Me Its Worcester, and more!
- July 2, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Out to Lunch features the Hip Swayers, Canal District Wagon Tours return, the Massachusetts Symphony Orchestra will continue its 64th consecutive season of free, outdoor summer concerts in Worcesters Institute Park, and more
- July 2014 Public WOO News
- Fun Fourth of July suggestions, farmers markets, and other summer fun activities. Looking for something family friendly? Trying to get in touch with your creative side? Find what youre looking for here!
- June 18, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Youll find good music and great eats at Out to Lunch, amazing art at the Worcester Windows Community gallery exhibition, and fantastic films at Worcester Film Works Movies on the Common. Plus tons of other summer fun events!
- June 4, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Get your Greek on at St. Spyridon Greek Orthodox Cathedral, enjoy many magical moments at Ghost the Musical, and help make Worcester Pop at the grand opening of Worcester PopUp!
- June 2014 Public WOO News
- Sample great food and drink at the annual Taste of Shrewsbury Street, catch some stars under the stars at Third Thursdays Movies on the Common, tons of fun Fathers Day suggestions and more!
- May 21, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Burncoat High School Dance Department brings A Dance Interpretation of CATS to the Hanover Theatre, JOMP celebrates its 16th anniversary with a Spring Gala Concert, free admission at the WAM and so much more
- May 7, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Celebrate the arts along with the Worcester Public Schools, hear some new voices at the Worcester JCC, check out Abby online and so much more....
- May 2014 Public WOO News
- Celebrate Mom - flower pop up at Crompton Collective, free admission at OSV and Tower Hill, dining deals abound!
- April 23, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- A hearty welcome to Sherwood Forest, some fabulous fun for First Night Worcester, Extreme ART-ery at WSU and so much more...
- April 9, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Sparking STEM, celebrating spring at ACE, wishing the Hook a happy 150th and so much more....
- April 2014 Public WOO News
- Are you ready to spring into the savings - and the fun? The month of April is jam packed with incredible gallery shows, dynamic discussions and magical music sprinkled with some great family fun as well as escapes for adults only! No joke - grab your WOO Card and let us WOO you!
- March 26, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Renaissance Revelry arrives to WAM! Get up close and personal with Abby Kelley Foster at WHM, check out 200 years of Tsars' personal affects and so much more...
- March 12, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Brown Bags are Back at Mechanics Hall, celebrate the almost Ides of March with WCPA, learn some secrets with the Friends of Hope Cemetery and so much more...
- 2014 March Public WOO News
- May you always have work for your hands to do, May your pockets always hold a coin or two. May the sun shine bright upon your window pane, May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near you, and may your WOO Card fill you heart with gladness to cheer you!
- Feb 26, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Are you ready to RendezWOO? Take a walk on the wild side with the West Boylston Arts Foundation, find out why women really should rule the world, have a Global Encounter at Cantor Art Gallery and so much more...
- February 12, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Salvation for School Vacation week - keep the kiddos active, entertained, happy and maybe even learning a thing or two!
- February 2014 Public WOO News
- Roses are red, violets are blue... treat your Valentine to the gift of WOO!
- January 29, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Travel to Venice, New Orleans, Trinidad-Tobago and more without ever leaving Worcester at the Worcester Center for Crafts Carnavale exhibit...be inspired by the tale of local author and MA Audubon volunteer Dianne Benson Davis... explore the history of valentine's day at Old Sturbridge Village and so much more....
- January 15, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Chase away the winter doldrum with WAM's Flora Euphoria! Enjoy five fine flicks with Worcester JCC's anual CMass Jewish Film Festival! Sing a long with the Salisbury Singers! And so much more....
- January 2014 Public WOO News
- Happy WOO Year! Welcome to several new WOO venues - Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Gallery, Yowza Yogurt Paradise, Peppercorns Grille & Tavern and Craftworks of Northborough! From classes & workshops to music, stage, outdoor adventures and more... where will you WOO?
- Jan 2, 2014 Arts & Culture Connection
- Start the new year off with some dynamic live theater - Broadway's Sister Act on stage at The Hanover Theatre while 4th Wall Stage Company will wow you with Killer Joe... also check out cafe chamber music, poetry and so much more!
The Worcester Cultural Coalition
Worcester City Hall
Worcester, Massachusetts 01608