Welcome! Our newsletter is created for those looking for information about learning disabilities, mental health issues, and living with ADHD. For more resources, visit the Hallowell Center at www.drhallowell.com
- November 2014 Newsletter
- In this "Note from Ned" I am over-the top excited to announce the publication of my new book, Driven to Distraction at Work, published by the Harvard Business Review Press. You can order it off Amazon.com now, even though its official publication date is January 6, 2015.
- October 2014 Newsletter
- The month of October is ADHD Awareness Month. It also marks the 20th anniversary of the publication of Driven to Distraction.
How far we've come since 1994 in our nation's collective awareness of ADHD. But how far we have yet to go!
- September 2014 Newsletter
- It's back to school, back to work, good bye to summer, welcome to fall, and here we go again, in the great cycle of life.
- August 2014 Newsletter
- I've been treating ADHD for over 30 years in people of all ages, so I have seen firsthand how devastating it can be.
- July 2014 Newsletter
- Watch this Good Morning America video as Dr. Hallowell comments on Lisa Ling's diagnosis at age 40:
"This is tremendously good news - your whole life can come into focus."
- June 2014 Newsletter
- Two Summer Weeks With Ned and Sue Hallowell. The first - for children and parents. The second week - for adults only. Sue and I get to spend down time with the participants, which is wonderfully expansive for us all. Also in this issue... Pre-Order Dr. Hallowell's Latest Book- driven to distraction at work.
- May 2014 Newsletter
- I am currently working on a book on how to achieve focus in today's busy workplace and in life in general.
- April 2014 Newsletter
- We desperately need to reframe how we look at what's called ADHD, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- 2014 March Newsletter
- Join Dr. Hallowell in London. From Sept 29th to Oct 3rd 2014, Dr Hallowell will host a series of workshops in London for parents, ADD adults, educators and health professionals.
- 2014 February Newsletter
- In this newsletter you will find information on coaching, a mainstay in ADHD treatment.
Watch Dr. Edward Hallowell with Marie Forleo:
Why Smart People Under-Perform and What to do About It!
- 2014 January Newsletter
- January Greetings and the Need for Silence from Dr. Hallowell
- December 2013 Newsletter
- A Survival Guide to Managing ADHD and the Holidays!
Dr. Hallowell offers tips to help cross out some items on your holiday to do list to remain sane in this CrazyBusy world.
- November 2013 Newsletter
- Thanksgiving: Food, family, festivity, football, and fun. An array of F's.
As Thanksgiving approaches, I have to admit I've been through some tough times of late, as I'm sure some of you have, as well. Do we want to give thanks, or ask for help?
As I reflect on it, of course, the answer is both. Like most people, indeed I would say all people, I need help. But also, like all people, I have more to give thanks for than I usually reckon.
- October 2013 Newsletter
- October is ADHD Awareness Month!
Hallowell Centers Strength-Based Philosophy: We Search for What is Good, Strong & Healthy First!
Lead a happier, more productive life through our balanced treatment approaches that integrate the latest in brain, body and heart research!
- September 2013 Newsletter
- Sometimes it's confusing to figure out what is best for you or your child with ADHD. This newsletter is about finding good resources, no matter your age. And Dr. Hallowell shares more about his strengths-based approach to ADHD treatment. As one poster wrote, you'll be "amazed!"
- August 2013 Newsletter
- Fall is the time of new beginnings, particularly if you have children returning to school or heading off to college. In honor of that we have dedicated much of this issue to parenting and education topics.
- July 2013 Newsletter
- This newsletter delves into the joys of taking time out and the importance of what Dr. Hallowell calls "the other Vitamin C," or Connecting. As connection is critically important to our health, we hope this newsletter will inspire you to use this summer to find some of that other Vitamin C!
- June 2013 Newsletter
- This month's newsletter covers how to keep your kids from backsliding over the summer and information about ADHD at work.
- May 2013 Newsletter
- In his many years of working with adults with ADHD and learning issues, Dr. Ned Hallowell has gained a great deal of wisdom. He also has the gift of being able to inspire others.
- April 2013 Newsletter
- Rates of diagnosis for ADHD in children continue to rise. This month Dr. Hallowell shares his views on whether or not ADHD is overdiagnosed. He also talks about the relationship between electronics and ADHD-like symptoms.
- March 2013 Newsletter
- Information everywhere! Sometimes it feels as if we will all be buried with it. We are there to answer questions about your family's health, so feel free to contact us.
- February 2013 Newsletter
- It is a hallmark of the Hallowell approach to ADHD that families impacted by ADHD understand the positives, and the risks, as they work to manage ADHD issues.
- January 2013 All New Newsletter
- Ever wonder how the environment around you impacts your life or your child's ADHD?
Looking for a great family experience this summer that helps you all see the sunny side of ADHD?
Interested in learning mindfulness skills or finding out how ADHD differs from bipolar?
That's just a "taste" of what's in store for you in this month's redesigned newsletter.
- December 2012 Hallowell Newsletter
- This holiday season is a time of both great joy and great sorrow. Dr. Hallowell provides his thoughts about the events in Newtown as we all adjust to the news.
- November 2012, Part 1 - Hallowell Newsletter
- We are experimenting and want your feedback! Do you like this format? It's a bit shorter, will come to you more frequently
- October Hallowell Newsletter 2012
- This month we answer your questions about newer medications and introduce you to some ways to manage ADHD in non-medicinal ways.
- September Newsletter 2012
- This is a busy time of year, but please take FIVE minutes to read this newsletter. Due to our break over the summer, it is CHOCK FULL (!) of information, free resources, interesting new research, links to videos, information about talks you might attend...you get the idea.
- June Newsletter 2012
- It highlights many opportunities to connect (including with Dr. Hallowell at the Cape Cod Institute), provides information about organization, taking time with family, and more.
- May Newsletter 2012
- Happy May! It's a time of rebirth and the dash towards summer!
- February Newsletter 2012
- This newsletter features long and interesting "in the news" and resources sections as well as many events listing where we hope you'll join us.
- December Newsletter 2011
- December is always a busy month, and we hope that everyone reading this newsletter remains healthy and happy, taking specific steps to lower stress, such as getting regular exercise and enough sleep!
- October 25 Newsletter 2011
- This month we have tried to broaden the types of resources we are offering, including a number of recorded interviews and videos. Of particular interest may be this week's video of Dr. OZ interviewing Dr. Hallowell and Sue Hallowell on the topic of ADHD and marriage, and an interview with Dr. Hallowell on dyslexia.
- August Newsletter 2011
- Fall is the time of new beginnings for those of us with children. This newsletter provides several great perspectives on how to help your child or children get off to a smooth start.
- June 2011 Newsletter
- Summer is upon us! In your home, does that mean lazy days, unstructured chaos, or both?!
- April 2011 Newsletter
- Lots of good stuff in short articles and resource listings to get you ready for - and through - the summer.
- March 2011 Newsletter
- Have you ever wondered if a coach might be right for you? In this edition we have an article about what coaching is, and also introduce our new section "Coach's Corner" which will include a useful tip for managing ADHD in each edition.
- January 2011 Newsletter
- Happy New Year! We hope that you have all started off 2011 in a way that brings you pleasure. This month Dr. Hallowell has released his latest book, Shine, and it's terrifically inspirational.
- November 2010 Newsletter
- It has been quite a while since our last newsletter, so we are trying to "make it up to you" with some particularly good articles and resources!
- Sep 14 2010
- Self-Regulation Through Sensory Training-The more we learn about the brain the more we appreciate the regulating value of exercise.
- May 2010 Newsletter
- This newsletter includes some really interesting information about non-medicinal treatments for ADHD.
- March 2010 Newsletter
- Happy beginning of spring! This is a busy time of growth and (re)birth. And speaking of birth, today is the "birthday" of a new book, Married to Distraction - Restoring Intimacy and Strengthening Your Marriage in an Age of Interruption.
- Jan 2010 Newsletter
- Happy 2010! This month we delve into issues of particular interest to parents of kids with learning differences.
- Dec 2009 Newsletter
- This month we pull in Rebecca Shafir from the Hallowell Center to talk with us about cognitive function, normal memory issues, memory loss as we age, and memory issues specific to people with ADHD.
- Oct Nov 2009 Newsletter
- No link between stimulants and addiction; Meds stop working; Learning Breakthrough; Omega-3s and fish oil; LENS; Dopamine and mood enhancement
- September 2009 Newsletter
- Choosing a doctor; Using a team to succeed at college and in work; finding a career path that suits you; Neurobehavioral assessment & treatment
- June 2009 Newsletter
- More on generic Adderall; Self control and kids; Working memory; Distraction; Resources for college students
- April 2009 Newsletter
- Married to Distraction excerpt; Generic Adderall; Teen Driving; Life and Wellness Coaching; Breaking Interuption Habits; Michael Phelps
- March 2009 Newsletter
- READING ISSUE: ADD or Dyslexia?; Mechanical eye issues or ADD?; Resisting diagnosis; College success; Table manners; Hallowells to give marriage seminar in June '09; Gaining financial management skills; Resources from our readers
- January 2009 Newsletter
- Next steps after diagnosis; Irlen Syndrome; Classroom Tips for Teachers of Students with ADHD; Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; Auditory Stimulation; Meditation; What it's Like to be a Parent of Child with ADHD
- December 2008 Newsletter
- Narcissism; Connection at school; Messiness; 10 ways to beat holiday stress; Educational consultants can smooth transition to college; Hallowell podcast series; ADHD moms facebook group; ADHD meds don't affect chromosomes; SuperParenting for ADHD
- October 2008 Newsletter
- New law for mental health coverage; Smoking and ADD; Demystifying specialized school admissions; Stress management action plan; Malcolm Gladwell on late blooming creativity; Forgetting is the new normal; Help for college; Fish oil
- September 2008 Newsletter
- ADHD awareness week resources; Quigong as an alternative therapy for ADD; My Sensory Solutions and Dore; Hallowell to release "Superparenting for ADD"; Using emotions as you negotiate
- Eagle Hill Grad Talk
- Transcript of Inspiring graduation speech given by Dr. Hallowell about the power of thinking differently.
- Dore Correction
- Updated information about Dore business issues and how they affect Hallowell patients.
- June 2008 Newsletter
- Educational options for teens; distractibility and how it works in the brain; St. John's Wort doesn't treat ADHD; Dore bankruptcy (see correction); homeschooling; John Ratey lecture online; organization tips
- May 2008 Newsletter
- Michael Thompson on boy's development from birth to age 18; homeschooling; early diagnosis; motives and ADHD - not what you think; AHA recommendation to get an ECG before taking stimulant meds; career planning newsletter for teens with ADHD; weekly teleseminars with ADDA
- April 2008 Newsletter
- ADHD and memory; Panic attacks in depth;
144 North Rd, Suite 2450
Sudbury, Massachusetts 01776