|Power Inn Alliance Email Archives Homepage|
Below are past eALERTs sent to our email subscribers. To receive these eALERTs in your inbox, join our mailing list by clicking the link at the bottom of this page. Emails are sent regularly when news breaks and you can unsubscribe at any time. Your email address will not be shared with third parties.
- July 31, 2013 eALERT (7/31/2013)
- ~ Mark III's MIke O'Brien Named to Power Inn Board
~ 2013 Picnic at the Park Community Event Benefits Kids of Local Non-Profits and Military Personnel
~ Congresswoman Matsui Invites Business Leaders to Learn Impacts of Affordable Care Act
- June 24, 2013 eALERT (6/24/2013)
- ~ 2nd Security & Business Protection Faire had something for everyone!
~ New Business Watch Program is endorsed by Police Chief Sam Somers
- March 20, 2013 eAlert (3/20/2013)
- ~19th Annual Awards Luncheon Winners
~ No PBID Assessment Increase
~ Plates Cafe 2 for 1 Lunch Promotion
- March 7, 2013 eAlert (3/7/2013)
- ~CSUS Dean to Address 19th Annual Awards Luncheon
~Power Inn Alliance's New Tool in the Fight Against Crime
~19th Annual Awards Luncheon Sponsors
- January 30, 2013 eAlert (1/30/2013)
- ~ Power Inn Industrial Market Improving
~ Work for Pride Industries is Picking Up
- December 19, 2012 eAlert (12/19/2012)
- Nation's Largest Anaerobic Digester Lands in Power Inn.
- December 11, 2012 eAlert (12/11/2012)
- Alliance Chairman, Officers Named for 2013
Know the Code - No More Advertising Overload
- November 6, 2012 eAlert (11/6/2012)
- Alliance Joins SPD in the Ramona Ave. Clean-up Effort
2012 Holiday Mixer Supports Veteran Programs
- October 15, 2012 eAlert (10/15/2012)
- Video Survellance Camera unveiled in the Power Inn Alliance PBID
"Holy Rusted Metal Batman!! The Copper is ALL GONE!" October 18th Crime & Dine
Visit the "Crime Abatement" webpage for recent Crime Alerts from Sac PD and Sheriffs
2012 CleanTech Showcase, Monday, October 22nd
- September 4, 2012 eAlert (9/4/2012)
- Moore than 800 Expected for "Picnic at the Park"
New "Crime Abatement" webpage added to PowerInn.org
Sacramento Business First Workshop - October 11th
- July 11, 2012 eAlert (7/11/2012)
- Alliance Members Draw Praise from Sheriff & SPD Chief
Walk-about Identifies Center for Innovation Needs
Partnerships Promote Products and Services at the 2012 Picnic at the Park, September 22nd
- June 13, 2012 eAlert (6/13/2012)
- Sheriff Jones and Deputy Chief Somers address crime issues at Alliance Summer Mixer
New Technology, Waste-to-Energy Digester, Breaks Ground on Fruitridge
- May 3, 2012 eAlert (5/3/2012)
- "Save 14th Ave." Campaign Confronts Bureaucratic Maze...
Honda Owners Beware!
Important Member Programs
- April 19, 2012 eAlert (4/19/2012)
- Alliance Votes "No Increase in Assessment Fees"...
Fees for Solid Waste Hauling Proposed to Increase...
Important Member Programs
- March 27, 2012 eALERT (3/28/2012)
- Alliance Advocates for Local Bus Service before 2015
To address the needs for public transportation in the Power Inn Area, The Alliance advocated for improvements to local transportation at a Regional Transit hearing on March 26th.
May is Bike Month! Contact Dawn for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Date - Picnic at the Park 2012 is set for Saturday, September 29th.
- March 20, 2012 eALERT (3/20/2012)
- HP Hood, LLC Named Business of the Year;
Freedlander Picked Member of the Year at Annual Lunch
A near record 170 members and friends of the Power Inn Alliance attended the 18th Annual Awards Lunch on March 15th at Depot Park Conference Center.
Other Awards Presented for Outstanding Accomplishment
Several other Annual Awards were presented leadership and accomplishment.
- February 29, 2012 eALERT (3/1/2012)
- Who Turned Out the Lights?
It doesn't take much to black out entire streets. Thieves open streetlight covers, tie one end to a tow hitch on a pickup and drive off with copper wire unraveling right behind them.
Surveillance Proves to be a Theft deterrant
After many disscusions with security and law enforcement professionals as to what can be done about crime, the answer is clear: Properties need to be monitored at all times.
Metro Chamber CEO Roger Niello to Address Annual Awards Luncheon - Tables Going Fast!
- 18th Annual Awards Luncheon (1/26/2012)
- Newly installed chief executive officer of the Sacramento Metro Chamber of Commerce and former State Assemblyman, Roger Niello will be the keynote speaker at the Alliance 18th Annual Awards Luncheon Thursday, March 15th at the Depot Park Conference Center. Niello, who was formerly the elected chief officer of the chamber, has also been chief executive of his family-owned auto dealership.
- January 17, 2012 eALERT (1/17/2012)
- Pride Industries Awarded PBID Clean-up Contract
The annual contract for clean-up and illegal dumping removal has been awarded to Pride Industries of South Sacramento. Pride, one of four contractors bidding on the job, provides meaningful jobs to individuals with disabilities.
Crime & Dine, Thursday, February 16, 2012
Lights Action and Cameras Catch Criminals Cold!
- December 19, 2011 eALERT (12/19/2011)
- Christmas came a little early for the Power Inn Area when the SACOG (Sacramento Area Council of Governments) Board approved three area road and street construction projects totaling $8,999,000. This was part of the Final 2012 Federal and State Programming Projects recommendations for the SACOG Six-County area, totaling an initial $115 million.
Holiday Mixer Brings Trees to 40+ Habitat Families
- November 22, 2011 eAlert (11/22/2011)
- Holiday Mixer to Benefit Habitat for Humanity Families
Alliance members and nonmembers are invited to the Dec. 8 Holiday Mixer which will bring Christmas magic to local families.
Officers and Executive Committee Set for 2012
On Nov. 15, the Alliance Board of Directors elected officers and Executive Committee members for the coming year.
Picnic at the Park Registers Huge Success
Over 320 Alliance members and families enjoyed an afternoon at Depot Park where the second annual Picnic at the Park was recently held.
- October 18, 2011 eALERT (10/18/2011)
- Fifth Annual Sacramento Clean Tech Showcase
Green Innovation: Engine of Growth
Visit the Power Inn Alliance Exhibit and learn about the
Sacramento Center for Innovation
Join SARTA for the 5th Annual Sacramento Clean Tech Showcase,
your premier opportunity to connect with the vibrant clean tech sector
in the greater Sacramento region.
What the Best Clean Tech Companies are Doing
Where New Opportunities From State Policy Will Be
How Regional Companies are Succeeding
How Sacramento Compares to Other Regions as a Clean Tech Hub
- September 29, 2011 eALERT (9/29/2011)
- Members Invited to Release of
Sacramento Center for Innovation Specific Plan
The final draft of the Specific Plan for the new Sacramento Center for Innovation (SCI) will be announced on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 8:30 am during the regular meeting of the Planning and Business Development Committee in the Alliance offices. Committee members have been working closely with city Sr. Planners and developers to create this unique business and technology park on Ramona Ave.
- August 25, 2011 eALERT (8/25/2011)
- In this issue:
- New Hi-Tech Crime Trends
- Picnic at the Park Sponsorships Growing Fast
Sept. 22nd Crime and Dine to Feature New Hi-Tech Crime Trends
Everyone's received those letters from a banker in Nigeria informing that there's $8 million waiting for you in his vault. That's old tech cyber crime. Hi-Tech criminals have become far more sophisticated in the past two years and can now drain your bank account with the precision of a mosquito draining your blood.
- July 20, 2011 eALERT (7/20/2011)
- In this issue:
77% Approve PBID Renewal
Sater Becomes Vice Chair
Don't Miss "Picnic at the Park"
77% of Property Owners Approve Expanded Power Inn PBID
In a move echoing 77% of property owners in the Power Inn Area, the City Council on Tuesday approved a 10 year extension of the Power Inn Property and Business Improvement District (PBID). The new area nearly doubles in size to 6.2 sq. miles of property only (not roads or public areas), making it the largest PBID in California.
- June 30, 2011 eALERT (6/30/2011)
- In this issue:
14th Ave. Extension Approved by Council
Alliance Welcomes New Chairman Carl Stein
2011 "Picnic at the Park," the Company Picnic Alternative
- May 18, 2011 eALERT (5/18/2011)
- PBID Renewal Petitions Reach Impressive 57.5%
New PBID boundaries extend south to the county line past Berry Ave. and east to Watt Ave
57.5 percent of area property owners have signed petitions approving renewal of the Power Inn Area Property and Business Improvement District (PBID).
Two Million Mile Goal for May is Bike Month
"May is Bike Month" and the Alliance is celebrating with hundreds of other cyclists of all levels at the Alliance Fueling Station at the Guy West Bridge on the Parkway each Thursday in May 3:45 - 5:45pm.
- April 21, 2011 eALERT (4/21/2011)
- Alliance Joins Sacramento Business Coalition to Address City Budget
The Power Inn Alliance has joined with 16 area business organizations to recommend practical deficit reduction measures the City can take to better balance revenues with costs without making drastic cuts to personnel. In a letter to the Mayor and City Manager, the Coalition outlined 23 recommendations the City Council can take to reduce the City's predicted $40 million deficit
Shawn Guttersen Awarded Member of the Year; 5 Other Worthy Awards at Annual Lunch
The 2010 Member of the Year Award was presented to Shawn Guttersen, Vice President of BLT Enterprises (Sacramento Recycling and Transfer Station) for his many years of dedication to the Power Inn Alliance.
Popular Business and Labor Law Seminars Return
"Right Entity for Your Business Needs" - May 6th and "How to Hire, Discipline & Fire Without Getting Sued" - May 20th
Register at http://maylaborlawseminar.eventbrite.com/
- Feb.28, 2011 eALERT (2/28/2011)
- 17th Annual Awards Luncheon ~ Former Sacramento District 6 Councilmember Kimberly Mueller, recently appointed by President Obama to a U.S. District Court judgeship will be the features speaker at the 17th Annual Awards Luncheon on Thursday, March 17 at the Sac State Alumni Center.
Business District Renewal Campaign Off to Fast Start ~ Renewal for the Power Inn area Property and Business Improvement District (PBID) got off to a fast start recently at a Launch Breakfast in Depot Park.
- SHRA & DOT Mtg - January 25, 2011 (1/18/2011)
- Join the Alliance, SHRA and the City of Sacramento in a community meeting concerning a feasibility study of the 14th Avenue Expansion between Power Inn and Florin Perkins Roads and the widening of Power Inn Road between 14th Avenue and Fruitridge Road.
- Revision of January 12, 2011 eAlert (1/14/2011)
- Please note the story "Renewed Business Improvement District
Doubles Size and Cuts Assessment 10%" has been revised to reflect the correct acreage reduction amount. We apologize for the previous typo which reflected an inaccurate reduction amount. The corrected statement is written in blue. The Power Inn Alliance Team
- January 12, 2011 eALERT (1/14/2011)
- The new Property-based Business Improvement District proposed for the Power Inn Area is almost twice the size of the original and will provide a 10% reduction in assessments.
Power Inn Alliance
5310 Power Inn Road
Sacramento, California 95820