· · · · · · · · ARCHIVES · · · · · · · ·
|Jill Bell Brandlettering Email Archives Homepage
|Letter News Newsletter is a free, informative monthly e-newletter which contains information about any and all aspects of lettering and typography: commercial and artistic applications, tips and suggestions, lettering resources, lettering in the news and current lettering work. Written and published by lettering artist, calligrapher and type designer, Jill Bell.|
Sign up now...just scroll to the bottom and click on the link.
- Issue 1, A little drama in letters
- Letter News Newsletter, August (Leo) 2008
- The inaugural edition features: Lettering for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Custom fonts are big with Big Business, Zapf's Archives in Wolfenbüttel, and Remembering Robert Rauschenberg
- Issue 6: Moving on
- Letter News Newsletter, Jan 2009
- Hotel logotypes: Felix, Phulay Bay and Ultimate Stay,
Fontifier: instant handwriting fonts, What the font?, Phulay bay comps
- Issue 7: Enhancing a bookcover
- Letter News Newsletter, February 2009
- Book covers from Fashion-forward adventures of Imogene, SF Library's eminent lettering and book arts collection, stereotypes and clichés, Linotype's Font Finder, iPhone font aps.
- Brand it! April, 2009
- Branded boots "A fabulous logo is the first step toward creating a great brand."
- Issue 8: Custom fonts for Loehmann's
- Letter News Newsletter, April, 2009
- Custom fonts designed for Loehmann's, Anne Hechle work online, PopChar character finding ap, Jill's presentation at AFF.
- Issue 9: A jewel of a design
- Letter News Newsletter, May 2009
- Logotype and monogram for Mauri Pioppo Fine Jewelry, John Langdon's ambigrams in Angels and Demons, talk in LA to SFC.
- Issue 10: Artful Lettering
- Letter News Newsletter, June, 2009
- Starbucks Coffee Liqueur Campaign lettering, Identifiers--Jayme Odgers' show of art full of lettering, TypeCon 2009, TypeCulture
- Issue 11: Rune Warriors
- Letter News Newsletter, July, 2009
- Rune Warriors book jacket lettering, Goodbye Gutenberg, Hellow Jikji -Korean first movable type book, Typographica
- Issue 12: Making a mark at the mall
- Letter News Newletter, September 2009
- Handlettered billboards at South Coast Plaza, June Corley's typographic menagerie, Mark Van Stone's take on the Mayan predictions for 2012, S news blast, Delphic Games
- Issue 13: Going International
- Letter News #13 October, 2009
- Hotel Monte Mulini in Croatia, Hangul: one of the few writing systems in use with an actual inventor, the Lost Letters of Sumner Stone, WOFF type format for the web
- Issue 14: It's all about self-promotion
- Letter News Newsletter: Jan. 2010
- Self-promotional postcards, The Big Book of Self Promotion, The opposite of calligraphy cacography, Links to lists of great books about type
- Issue 18: Here We Go Again
- LetterNews Newsletter- June, 2010
- Rambla Records and "Here We Go Again", TypeCon hits Los Angeles this summer, Type portraits, and Manuale Zapficum honored by AIGA
- Issue 20: a sign of summer
- LetterNews Newsletter: August, 2010
- Maria Puck Café logotype, Become a master of typography in 100 pages, Title Man Harold Adler, It's a sign museum, Buchstaben Museum of Letters in Berlin
- Issue 22: brush drawn
- LetterNews Newsletter November 2010
- Brush drawn illustrations for foreign language calendars, NY & LA tables, The always fabulous Newberry Library, What can you do with web fonts?, How to do webfonts with Typekit
- Issue 23: Let it snow!
- Christmas 2010
- Wishing you a warm and wonderful winter!
- Issue 25: fabulous fantasies
- LetterNews Newsletter - February 2011
- Arthur and the Minimoys bookjackets, MoMA's new digital type library and exhibit, The pen is mightier than the keyboard when it comes to activating the brain
- Issue 26: Bedtime stories
- LetterNews Newsletter - March 2011
- Bedtime Stories book titles, Doyald Young 1926-2011, Literary Tattoos, Two lettering artists receive MacArthur Fellow award
- Issue 27: the vacation issue
- Letter News Newsletter - June 2011
- Little Blue Envelope titles, Signage on the road, The Story Tellers from a culture with no written language, wooden cross lettering, Carumba in Taos
- Issue 28: mo promo
- LetterNews Newsletter -July 2011
- Muse logo using Gigi, Handwriting v. a handwriting font, St. Louis Cemetery lettering, The two hot topics at TypeCon: web fonts and static v dynamic design.
- Issue 30: Madame Woo
- LetterNews Newsletter - September 2011
- Madame Woo logotype, Letter press iPad app, Letter press truck hits the road, Two great type and design webcasts: Design Matters and Type Radio.
- Issue 34: Toast the New Year
- LetterNews Newsletter - Jan 2012
- D'Alfonso-Currran wine label, The abundance of fonts, Asemic writing, What our Lettering Needs new book about Zapf.
|Join our Mailing List!
There is no cost, no obligation, your e-mail address will never be used for anything else,
and you can unsubscribe at any time.
See more of Jill's work
Jill Bell Brandlettering