SEE WHAT I'M SAYING:
The Deaf Entertainers Documentary
|Welcome to SEE WHAT I'M SAYING: The Deaf Entertainers Documentary email archives. Production for the documentary began in March 2007 and premiered three years later in March 2010. Our DVD was released on February 22, 2011 and screenings and bookings have continued. Our fans have been following us through our journey from the beginning, and now you can too!You can view all of the previous newsletters with various updates, photos and information. We welcome all comments and feedback. Please visit our website at www.seewhatimsayingmovie.com
- Archived Newsletters
- Follow the journey of "See What I'm Saying" through production, post production and screenings. You can receive newsletters by signing up on our mailing list.
- Newsletter 45 - February 1, 2014 Winter News (2/1/2014)
- Signing at the Super Bowl and more videos.
- Newsletter 44 - December 18, 2013 - Holiday Update (12/18/2013)
- Happy holidays!
- Newsletter 43 - September 19, 2013 - Fall Update (9/19/2013)
- Updates from SWIS and more screenings
- Newsletter 42 - November 13, 2012 - Early Holiday Update (11/13/2012)
- Additional screenings and signing in the news.
- Newsletter 41 - October 9, 2012 - TV week (10/9/2012)
- Newsletter 41 - October 9, 2012
See What I'm Saying is shown on the Documentary Channel.
- Newsletter 40 - August 23, 2012 - TV and autumn news (8/23/2012)
- Announcing our American TV premiere of "See What I'm Saying" on the Documentary Channel in October 2012, plus more screenings added nationwide.
- Newsletter 39 - March 22, 2012 - Disney and Constellation Photos and Videos (3/22/2012)
- Photos, videos and more from our event with Disney's "SIGNin' in the Street" and our online event with Constellation. Huge success!
- Newsletter 38 - March 15 2012 - Disney Event and Constellation (3/15/2012)
- Downtown Disney announces first SIGNin' in the Street with See What I'm Saying screening at their AMC and live performances all weekend! Also, first international screening online with Constellation announced.
- Newsletter 37 - January 30, 2012 - Disney, SAB, Educational DVD (1/30/2012)
- Big News! Disney teams up with See What I'm Saying for a special event this spring, TL Forsberg appears on ABCFamily's Switched at Birth and the Educational DVD and Teacher Study Guide Workbook are now on sale on the website store page.
- Newsletter 36 - December 5, 2011 - Education Screening (12/5/2011)
- Happy Holidays! Sneak preview of the Educational DVD at the Greater Los Angeles Agency on Deafness (GLAD.)
- Newsletter 35 - September 21, 2011 - Fall Education Announcement (9/22/2011)
- Third DVD announced! Educational Supplemental Material from See What I'm Saying and teacher's study guide now available.
- Newsletter 34 - May 18, 2011 Israel Photos, Portland screening (5/18/2011)
- Photos from our screening in Israel and updates about our Portland screening at Nike.
- Newsletter 33 - April 28, 2011 - Spring screenings and ME HEAR NONE (4/28/2011)
- Spring screening of "See What I'm Saying" listed and second DVD "Me Hear None: Additional Live Performances from See What I'm Saying."
- Newsletter 32 - March 22, 2011 - DVD announcement and ME HEAR NONE (3/22/2011)
- Our DVD is now on sale! Sneak peak at bonus features and more. Also, our second DVD, "ME HEAR NONE" featuring live performances on sale.
- Newsletter 31 - February 17, 2011 - Gala update, VIP tickets and Awards Presenters (2/17/2011)
- Last minute details about VIP tickets, award presenters (Anthony Natale presented instead of Gary Anthony Williams at the last minute) and gala news.
- Newsletter 30 - February 15, 2011 - Florida screenings and gala update (2/15/2011)
- AMC Florida dates announced, details about DVD Launch at Universal Studios Hollywood gala.
- Newsletter 29 - February 9, 2011 - Gala tickets and spring screenings (2/9/2011)
- Ticket information about red carpet DVD Launch and Sprint Awards with new photos and video promo of the event.
- Newsletter 28 - January 2011 - Gala information and Contest winners announced (1/19/2011)
- Contest winners announced along with information about Red Carpet Gala at Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Newsletter 27 - December 31, 2010 - New Years Thank You (12/31/2010)
- Thank you to our fans and the year in review.
- Newsletter 26 - December 2, 2010 - Contest Nudge and Moscow, Gallaudet and WE Awards (12/2/2010)
- Photos from Moscow, our win at Gallaudet World Deaf Cinema Festival and Sprint Short Film Contest information.
- Newsletter 25 - September 29, 2010 - DVD and Contest announced (9/29/2010)
- DVD date set with our distributor New Video on February 22, 2011! Contest announced!
- Newsletter 24 - July 31, 2010 - International Screenings (7/31/2010)
- Announcement of screenings in Australia, DMZ Korea, Hong Kong and across the U.S. this summer.
- Newsletter 23 - June 4, 2010 - June screenings in D.C. (6/4/2010)
- Opening night screening at AFI and a week of screenings at Gallaudet MSSD announced.
- Newsletter 22 - May 6, 2010 - May Screenings, NY Reviews (5/6/2010)
- Critics' Pick in the NY Times, rave review in Variety and dozens of other rave reviews across the country. More screenings announced and fan mail.
- Newsletter 21 - April 7, 2010 - NYC info and more screenings (4/7/2010)
- Details announced about our East Coast Premiere in NYC and recent accomplishments.
- Newsletter 20 - March 26, 2010 - World Premiere photos, NYC info and more screenings (3/25/2010)
- Photos from our sold out red carpet world premiere at the Egyptian Theater and 2 videos of our magical evening.
- Newsletter 19 - March 17, 2010 - World Premiere Information (3/17/2010)
- World premiere tickets and information, feature story in Documentary Magazine and more screening dates announced.
- Newsletter 18 - March 4, 2010 - Theatrical Screenings Announced (3/4/2010)
- Screenings announced across the country, story in Hollywood Reporter and news about our world premiere.
- Newsletter 17 - February 18, 2010 - Music Video, Los Angeles and New York Theaters Announced (2/18/2010)
- Music video is up! Thrilled to announce we will be opening in Los Angeles at the Laemmle Sunset 5 March 19 - April 1 and in NYC April 9 - 22 at Village East Cinema.
- Newsletter 16 - January 20, 2010 - World Premiere and Sprint announcement (1/20/2010)
- World premiere! March 18th at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood sponsored by Sprint.
- Newsletter 15 - Fall 2009 Update and Sneak Preview Awards (9/14/2009)
- More sneak previews!
- Newsletter 14 - April 15, 2009 - Sneak Preview Newport Beach announcement and Philly Award - April 13, 2009 (4/15/2009)
- We won! Best Documentary for our sneak preview at the Philadelphia Film Festival. Come see our next sneak preview at the Newport Beach Film Festival.
- Newsletter 13 - March 17, 2009 - Sneak Previews announcement (3/17/2009)
- Dates and details about our upcoming sneak previews at the Rochester Deaf Film Festival, Philadelphia Film Festival and Newport Beach Film Festival.
- Newsletter 12 - February 10, 2009 - Philadelphia announcement (2/11/2009)
- Announcement of being accepted into the Philadelphia Film Festival, our title song up on iTunes, interview by French TV station and TL in the news.
- Newsletter 11 - November 22, 2008 - Vizual video and fundraising (11/23/2008)
- The short video of the Cirque du Soleil-styled fundraiser that was held in June 2008 is here! Please continue to make donations as we need funds for marketing, publicity and festival expenses.
- Newsletter 10 - September 2, 2008 - The film is finished! (9/2/2008)
- After 18 beautiful and challenging months, a happy announcement letting our thousand of supporters know that we finished the film and have started submitting to film festivals.
- Newsletter 9 - June 8, 2008 - Vizual Thank you (6/9/2008)
- See What I'm Saying hosted a Cirque du Soleil-styled fundraiser to raise finishing funds for the film. Top performers entertained the crowd, and we raised the money to finish the production.
- Newsletter 8 - May 11, 2008 - Post Production Announcement (5/11/2008)
- News about our incredible post production team and the unique challenges of editing a film in ASL. Spotlighting a few special performers and organizations who crossed paths with our cameras.
- Newsletter 7 - March 9, 2008 - Daylight Savings Announcement (3/9/2008)
- Update on the progression of the film listing all of the entertainers filmed so far and good wishes for a happy spring.
- Newsletter 6 - Jan 15 2008 - Sundance Promo Announcement (1/15/2008)
- The five-minute promo for See What I'm Saying was screened during Sundance in 2008 to raise awareness about the film and host a Q&A. The screening was packed and and we found a new investor to help us fund post production costs.
- Newsletter 5 - December 21, 2007 - Holiday Announcement (12/24/2007)
- Good wishes to everyone for a very happy holiday season. This newsletter includes many new photos of the year's events.
- Newsletter 4 - November 28, 2007 - Cast and Crew Wrap (12/24/2007)
- A big thank you to over 255 individuals whom we filmed over the past year. This list includes deaf entertainers, audience members, interviews, interpreters and many others. Thank goodness for DVD extras to include many great moments.
- Newsletter 3 - October 12, 2007 - Beethoven's Nightmare (12/24/2007)
- Read about filming Beethoven's Nightmare - the world's only deaf rock band at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Newsletter 2 - October 3, 2007 - Announcing See What I'm Saying (12/24/2007)
- The second newsletter that was sent to industry contacts announcing that the documentary was officially in production.
- Newsletter 1 - Sep 19 2007 - AZTI Welcome (12/24/2007)
- First newsletter sent to Arizona Total Immersion participants. Robert DeMayo was one of the sign language/translation instructors during this week-long program for interpreters and sign language students.
Worldplay, Inc. |
3314 W. Chandler Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505