|D.I. Smith - Madison County Supervisor Email Newsletter Archive Homepage
|My goal is Transparent, Open and Accountable Government in Madison County! And, I encourage all to be informed, aware and engaged!|
I use eNews Update newsletters from time to time to inform Madison County citizens of issues of interest. I'm proud to serve the citizens of Madison County, MS, as Supervisor and work extremely hard to be knowledgeable of the issues and challenges that must be addressed. Please see my web site and BLOG at DISmith.com
for extensive information pertaining to Madison County. Please take a moment to leave a comment!
If you are not on the distribution list for my eNews UPDATE, please click here to subscribe!
- eNews UPDATE Newsletters
- Madison County Board of Supervisors, Agenda, Nov 1, 2010 (10/30/2010)
- State Auditor issues Report on Madison County Engineeer Contracts (10/28/2010)
- Madison County Board of Supervisors, Agenda, October 18, 2010 (10/17/2010)
- Madison County Board of Supervisors, Agenda, October 4, 2010 (9/30/2010)
- Madison County Board of Supervisors to close out FY 2010 (9/24/2010)
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, Sep 20, 2010, 9AM (9/16/2010)
- PUBLIC HEARING -- 2011 Budget and Tax Levy (9/2/2010)
- 2010 Tax Sale (8/20/2010)
- The Madison County 2010 Tax Sale will be conducted Monday, August 30, 2010, 9AM, Board of Supervisors Room, Madison County Office Complex
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, Aug 16, 2010, 9AM (8/12/2010)
- Apartments! City of Canton PUBLIC HEARING (8/11/2010)
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, Aug 2, 2010, 9AM (7/29/2010)
- Agenda for Monday, August 2, 2010, meeting
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, July 21, 2010, 9AM (7/19/2010)
- Agenda for Wed, July 21, 2010, meeting
- PUBLIC NOTICE - Tax Roll Review and Inspection 2010 (7/7/2010)
- The Madison County Tax Rolls are available to review and examination until August 2, 2010. You can do it on-line!
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, July 6, 2010, 9AM (7/1/2010)
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, June 21 2010, 9AM (6/17/2010)
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, June7, 2010, 9AM (6/3/2010)
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, May 17, 2009, 9AM (5/14/2010)
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, May 3, 2009, 9AM (4/29/2010)
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, April 19, 2009, 9AM (4/15/2010)
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, April 5, 2009, 9AM (4/1/2010)
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, March 22, 2009, 9AM (3/19/2010)
- Agenda, Board of Supervisors, March 1, 2009, 9AM (2/25/2010)
- Madison County: "Land of Landfills!?" (2/21/2010)
- Court Hearing, Monday, Feb 22, 2010, for Hinds County challenge of Madison County amendment of Solid Waste Management Plan.
- Veterans Day and Property Tax -- Year 2009 (11/11/2009)
- Veterans Day is a particularly moving national holiday as we honor and remember the courageous men and women who have fought and continue to fight for our nation.
This year is especially poignant as we remember those who have been killed in combat and in the most recent tragedy at Ft. Hood. We extend our condolences to their families and loved ones, and we wish healing and recovery for our wounded warriors.
- eNews UPDATE -- PUBLIC HEARING: FY 2010 Budget and Tax Levy (9/5/2009)
- I hope you and your family are doing well and enjoying a fun and safe Labor Day weekend... and, the first weekend of College Football! I want to share with you the PROPOSED FY 2010 BUDGET and remind you of Tuesday's PUBLIC HEARING to discuss the budget and associated Tax Levy.
- eNews UPDATE -- ALERT-- 2009 Tax Sale (8/28/2009)
- The Madison County 2009 Tax Sale will be conducted 8 A.M., Monday, August 31, 2009, Madison County Justice Complex, Hwy 51 S, Canton, next to the Sheriff's Dept. 2466 parcels will be auctioned totaling $3.93 million unpaid taxes and special assessements.
- eNews UPDATE -- Unredeemed 2006 taxes and 2009 Tax Sale (8/1/2009)
- Contains information relating to 2006 unredeemed tax parcels which were sold at the 2007 Tax Sale and still have not been redeemed. Also, has list of 2008 unpaid parcels which will be sold in the 2009 Tax Sale, Monday, August 31, 2009.
- eNews UPDATE -- PUBLIC NOTICE - 2009 Tax Roll Review and Inspection (7/14/2009)
- The preliminary 2009 Tax Rolls are available for your review and inspection. Property owners have until August 3, 2009, to file a protest of assessed value.
- News Update: Tulane University and calls for audit (7/9/2009)
- Tulane University may be coming to downtown Madison Mississippi. PLEASE COMPLETE SURVEY!
More Calls for Madison County Performance Audit
Update on petition for mosque in Madison County.
- News Release: Supervisor calls for comprehensive Performance Audit (6/22/2009)
- CANTON, MS, JUNE 22, 2009: Recent news articles regarding payments of $9.5M to the Madison County Engineer, Rudy Warnock, and his company, Warnock and Associates, have created an outrage among taxpayers; especially coming on the heels of the recent largest tax increase in Madison County history. The Citizens are rightly asking for answers as to who is in control and are all guidelines, procedures and statutes being followed? The Madison County taxpayers deserve nothing less than a full accounting
- Call to Action: Madison, Garbage Capital of Mississippi? (6/18/2009)
- A solid waste landfill permit application has been submitted for another Madison County landfill on North County Line Road. See attached newsletter with info on the permit application, requesting a PUBLIC HEARING, etc.
- Madison County Journal - Warnock Article (6/12/2009)
- Madison County Journal news article: Warnock paid $9.5 million since 2005.
- Mannsdale - Livingston Heritage Preservation District (5/8/2009)
- Information pertaining to the Mannsdale - Livingston Heritage Preservation District and PUBLIC HEARING to consider changes.
- TAXES - Jan 28, 2009 (1/30/2009)
- Reminder and discussion pertaining payment of property taxes.
- Jan 1, 2009 (1/13/2009)
- Happy New Year!
D.I. Smith - Madison County Supervisor
P.O. BOX 06
Ridgeland, Mississippi 39158
601 707 8845