|Double Dutch Magazine Email Archives Homepage|
Photo by Jazz
|Thanks so much for visiting Double Dutch Magazine! We've published newsletters to keep our readers informed and excited about the magazine. They include information about music, fashion, politics and the sport, double dutch. To learn more about Double Dutch Magazine, please visit our website and social media pages: |
Double Dutch Magazine Website
- Links for Double Dutch Magazine Newsletter
- July 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012
- April 2012
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- In celebration of Women's History Month, we started our daily blog to highlight programs and provide a forum for teen girls.
- February 2011
- This newsletter includes a great poem by a teen about Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, NY.
- January 2011
- Happy New New Year! We've announced our plans to start a daily blog and ways to develop an action plan for your goals.
- December 2010
- In this month of shopping we discuss being thankful for the resources we have available around us. Plus, there's a recap of our fabulous teen conference that took place in September. There were some great album releases from singers, Faith Evans and Kandi Burress (The Real Housewives of Atlanta).
- November 2010
- This issue discusses how we can give to local non-profits for the month of giving and thanks, November. We also give details on two local Brooklyn arts events: St. Joseph's Council for the Arts artwork inspired by words and Urban Word's open poetry nights for teens.
- October 2010
- To honor Domestic Violence Awareness Month, we feature the organization, Saving Promise, which helps women begin a renewed life after abuse. It was started by L.Y. Marlow, who also penned the book, "Color me Butterfly," which chronicles her family's legacy of domestic violence over four generations. We highlight the organization, The Sister Accord, which was founded to help women and girls vow to support each other in positive ways. We also list local events in Brooklyn, NY.
- August 2010
- Hey, it's time for school, so we're giving you tips on saving money on school supplies. There's also an upcoming health fair in Brooklyn that includes health screenings and companies with helpful info, like Double Dutch Magazine.
- July 2010
- Learn abou the Brooklyn Public Libraries online databases and free resources. There are also great summer programs in New York City. Check them out!
- June 2010
- See our tips to enjoy New York City events and activities for free. Plus, you can register for our teen conference in September
- May 2010
- Find out results from the Teen Poetry Slam at the Bedford-Stuyvesant YMCA in Brooklyn, NY. We introduce you to some talented teens that we're sure you will hear more of in the future.
- April 2010
- Register for our first conference for teen girls. Read about two great teen events: Gye Nyame Empowerment Project (GNEP) Youth Summit & Sigma Gamma Rho's Kappa Sigma Chapter NYC Alumnae Chapter.
- March 2010
- In this issue, we give tips on how we can make positive changes for the spring season. We also give tips on updating wardrobe with shoes and handbags without breaking the bank. Lastly, we highlight two upcoming teen conferences: Gye Nyame Youth Summit and Young Women of Distinction's Teen Girl Expo.
- February 2010
- The Double Dutch team urges its readers to treat themselves for Valentine's Day. We also give readers tips on protecting their cyber reputations on social networking sites, texting and email. Plus, we do a recap of a teen event at the Bedford-Stuyvesant YMCA in Brooklyn. We also include a timeline of black history.
- January 2010
- In this issue, we include info about an upcoming artistic event for girls in Brooklyn. We also include funny tips about what NOT to do in 2010.
- December 2009
- We're ending this year with a bang! We have exclusive interviews with actress KeKe Palmer and hip-hop duo, The New Boyz. They are teens that are doing big things, in a positive way.
- November 2009
- We highlight the teen conference, "Get Your Mind Right," which took place in Harlem. The event was organized by JUMP Alumni of Binghampton University and the Association of Black Social Workers. We also discuss World AIDS Day and give safe sex tips. In addition, we feature a new program called, "Double Dutch VIP" for girls, who love to read.
- Hip Hop Artists - The New Boyz!
- Double Dutch interviews the New Boyz and gives girls a chance to ask them questions!!
- October 2009
- As we get closer to Thanksgiving, we wanted to remind girls to be "thankful" for how fabulous and phenomenal they are. Lastly, we encourage everyone to vote or to tell people that can vote to do so.
- September 2009
- Everyone's getting ready for Fall and all the things that come along with the season like fashion and school sports events. We've included tips on organizing rooms and traveling on a budget. Plus, we've highlighted the Young Women of Color Conference in La Plata, MD.
- August 2009
- We profile the rap duo, The New Boyz. They are also fashion and dance trendsetters from California. We also give tips on saving money on school supplies and discuss why girls should be in team sports and keep themselves physically active.
- July 2009
- In this issue, we introduce readers to new artist, Kristinia DeBarge, daughter of singer James DeBarge. Future college freshman share how they're preparing for college in the fall. Plus, we list August cd release dates.
- June 2009
- We discuss how the influence of singer and performer, Michael Jackson will live on after his untimely death. We also give tips for planning 4th of July parties on a budget. We also discuss Double Dutch editor and publisher, Jen Threat being named as Stiletto Woman magazine's 50 Most Amazing Women on the Web.
- May 2009
- In this issue we tell our "fashionista" readers how transform to "recessionista." They learn how to remain fashionable in our current economy. We also give readers info about the National Double Dutch League Training Camp & Tournament and tips on eating fresh fruit and vegetables.
- April 2009
- Double Dutch magazine profiles a great event for teen girls, "The Gye Nyame Empowerment Project Youth Summit." It was a free (yes, free) one day event that empowered young girls to take control of their health, careers, education and self-esteem. The keynote speaker was interior designer, lawyer and motivational speaker, Lauren Lake. The event also featured singer and former Danity Kane member, D. Woods.
- March 2009
- We've included articles about saving money, how to celebrate and not "hate on" each other as females and info on a group that recognizes amazing women on the web.
- Feb 2009
- This issue features new Warner Bros artist, Tynisha Keli and Double Dutch magazine's Facebook page. In light of the incidents between Chris Brown and Rihanna, Double Dutch includes an article about domestic violence. It will help you and your friends to recognize the signs and tell you where to go for help.
- Jan 2009
- Read first-hand about the historic inauguration of President Barack Obama. This newsletter also includes details on how you can direct Usher's new music video. The Body by Milk "got noise?" contest gives students a free trip to LA and lots of cool prizes.
- Dec 2008
- See photos and read about the National Double Dutch League's Holiday Classic competition at the Apollo in Harlem, NY. Read about Vanessa and Angela Simmons fashion line, "Pastry" and songs to rock for the holidays.
- Nov 2008
- Our first newsletter includes info about the historial win of President-elect Barack Obama; fashion from Baby Phat; an exclusive with hot singer, Lloyd; teen singing sensation Breje; tips to prepare for college; and BET's program for World AIDS Day awareness.
CELEBRATE HIP-HOP GIRLS TEEN CONFERENCE
Double Dutch Magazine hosted our first "Celebrate Hip Hop Girls" Teen Conference on Saturday, September 18, 2010 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at The Bedford-Stuyvesant Restoration Plaza in Brooklyn, NY. To see details about the event, please visit our
Please click the link below to see pictures from our event:
Double Dutch Magazine
36 Madison Street
Brooklyn, New York 11238