|Chatham Marconi Maritime Center Email Archives Homepage|
The mission of the Chatham Marconi Maritime Center (CMMC) is to engage,
educate and inspire visitors of all ages and interests with the rich
history of wireless communication on Cape Cod and the limitless future
potential of science and technology to transform our lives.
Visit the Chatham Marconi Maritime Center webpages to find out more about this organization, its exhibits and education initiative. Click to visit the CMMC website.
These Archived Emails cover the timeframe of 2011 and later. To see older Marconigrams go to Newsletter
- 2014 Marconigram Archives
- 2014 Holiday Hours for Marconi-RCA Wireless Museum (11/19/2014)
- History buffs will have an opportunity to explore the evolution of wireless technology and Chatham's unique part in the process with the special holiday opening of the Museum Thanksgiving Weekend and during the annual Christmas Stroll.
- MARCONI NAUTILUS HOTEL - - POST OFFICE FOR A DAY (10/2/2014)
- The Education Center - the recently refurbished Hotel Nautilus - will be transformed Saturday, October 11, into the North Chatham United States Post Office as the Postmaster will be canceling mail with a unique cancellation stamp commemorating the 100th anniversary of the site's construction here on Ryder's Cove.
- RARE 1914 POSTCARD REPRODUCTIONS (9/23/2014)
- CELEBRATE CHATHAM MARCONI'S 100th BIRTHDAY at our POST OFFICE FOR A DAY
- CHATHAM MARCONI-RCA NEWS AND EVENTS SEPTEMBER 2014 (9/17/2014)
- CMMC REMEMBERS GOOD FRIEND --
WILLIAM C. (BILL) RYDER
- 2014 CMMC SUMMER SCIENCE PROGRAM (8/18/2014)
- A total of 60 elementary and middle school children attended classes that ranged in topics from astronomy, to our rich Cape Cod marine environment, robotics and chemistry.
- CMMC 2014 Thursday Evening Speakers Series (7/10/2014)
- Our Summer Speaker series offered a variety of topics from July thru September.
- MARCONI - RCA CAMPUS CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION (6/9/2014)
- The Princess Elettra Marconi with state and regional luminaries help cut the ribbon of CMMC's new Education Center on Saturday, June 21st at 10 a.m. This will be followed by an open house of the Center/Museum on Saturday and Sunday, featuring our new exhibits as we celebrate 100 years of Marconi-RCA history, 1914 - 2014.
- CMMC 2014 STEM PROGRAM (5/19/2014)
- We are excited to have the opportunity to offer science courses this summer for children on the Cape. Partnering with the Motorola Solutions Foundation, we hope to engage children in activities that will excite their imagination and make use of their problem solving skills.
- May 2014 Centennial Events (5/8/2014)
- CMMC is delighted that Princess Elettra Marconi will be our honored guest to celebrate the Marconi Station Centennial weekend events. Our Grand Opening, with the Princess cutting the ribbon of the new Education Center will be held on Saturday June 21st at 10 am.
- Marconi/RCA Campus Centennial Preview (4/9/2014)
- The Centennial of the construction of the buildings on the Marconi site is marked with special events. Also includes highlights of the coming grand re-opening of the Hotel Nautilus, and the opening of our Antenna Field Trail.
- INNOVATIVE EDUCATION MARKS CMMC's CENTENNIAL YEAR (3/17/2014)
- CMMC launches new initiative called "STEM After Hours" which includes three parts: (1) Family STEM Nights, (2) After School Program, and (3) Summer Science Program
- CMMC: BOSTON GLOBE GRANTS (1/31/2014)
- Encouraging all Boston Globe subscribers to support CMMC to receive a grant.
- Chatham Marconi Maritime Center January 2014 (1/20/2014)
- CMMC receives a grant from the Motorola Solutions Foundation to support the STEM program
- 2011 Marconigram Archives
- CMMC On Chronicle WCBV TV Veteran's Day Nov. 11 (11/9/2011)
- he Marconi Center to be on Channel 5 Boston as part of the "Chronicle" news magazine's Veterans Day Special--November 11 at 7:30pm look for a 3 to 3.5 minute segment about the Navy Years in WWII.
- CMMC Call to Annual Meeting on Nov 5-2011 (Oct 2011) (10/24/2011)
- CMMC has recently received funding from the Verizon Foundation for a major education initiative on Cape Cod. CMMC will partner with the MIT Club of Cape Cod and the Chatham and Harwich Public Schools to develop curriculum and teacher training materials in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) with a specific focus on Communications Engineering and Design. Our implementation plan includes active roles for both professionals and volunteers in K-12 classrooms throughout Cape Cod and the Islands. Dr. Erich Bender, President of the MIT Club of Cape Cod, will speak at our meeting.
- CMMC August 2011 Marconigram New Exhibits (8/12/2011)
- The August 2011 Marconigram newsletter includes description of the new "Wireless Today" exhibit that CMMC co-sponsored with Ericsson Corporation and a recent generous donation from them. Also included photos of our young visitors and docents.
- Marconi Author Luncheon with Cam Trowbridge (6/10/2011)
- Luncheon to Benefit Chatham Marconi Maritime Center featuring Cam Trowbridge author of: "Marconi: Father of Wireless,Grandfather of Radio, Great-Grandfather of the Cell Phone"
- Dick Kraycir Lecture Announcement (5/1/2011)
- Dick Kraycir, CMMC Board Member, presents a talk to the Unitarian Universalist Meeting House on history of Chatham Radio WCC.
- Membership Drive and Volunteer Open House (4/13/2011)
- Invitation to join CMMC and/or become a docent volunteer for 2011 Season.
- STEM Education Initiative: Global Telecommunications (2/28/2011)
- The CMMC education team is piloting telecommunications lessons in Chatham School's 8th grade classes.
- CMMC Marconigram-Amateur Radio At CMMC & Year in Review (1/2/2011)
- Successful Amateur Radio license course taught at the Center.
Chatham Marconi Maritime Center|
Post Office Box 421
847 Orleans Road (Route 28)
North Chatham, Massachusetts 02650