|United States Interagency Council on Homelessness Email Archives Homepage
This is the USICH Newsletter Archive. Please sign up for our newsletter below.|
- Three Things You Need to Know Going into the 2013 CoC Competition (11/26/2013)
- On Friday, November 22, 2013, HUD released the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Continuum of Care Program Competition, launching the annual competition for $1.7 billion in Federal funding for the Continuum of Care (CoC) Program. HUD has also made some important changes in this year's competition. HUD has made these changes in an effort to sustain and accelerate the progress our nation has made in ending homelessness, as reflected in last week's release of the 2013 Annual Homelessness Assessment Report to Congress.
- USICH Releases New PHA Guidebook to Ending Homelessness (11/14/2013)
- Across the country, a growing number of public housing authorities (PHAs) have become integral to their community's efforts to prevent and end homelessness. This willingness to partner and engage in collaborative planning is critical to both local and national success in ending homelessness.
The new USICH PHA Guidebook provides guidance and the best practices that PHAs can use to strengthen their collaborative efforts.
- The Affordable Care Act & Homelessness: What You Need to Know (10/22/2013)
- October 1st was an important day as the first day of open enrollment in private insurance through the health insurance marketplaces and in Medicaid in the states that are expanding. But it's also important to remember that this is only the beginning, not the end, of the road to health care transformation. The Affordable Care Act won't bring about changes to our nation's approach to health care overnight, nor will it fix everything in our nation's approach to health care. But it's an important first step.
- Presidential Address, New VA/HUD Vouchers, and SSVF Study (9/4/2013)
- The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) is VA's new rapid re-housing and homelessness prevention program, which draws upon the strength of community agencies to provide focused, speedy, and flexible services to vulnerable Veterans and their families.
- The Invisible Population: Youth Homelessness (8/1/2013)
- Cabinet Secretaries Advance Efforts to End Family Homelessness (7/17/2013)
- On July 9th, the Obama Administration convened a meeting to push forward its
agenda to end homelessness.
- End Chronic Homelessness in Your Community (6/25/2013)
- Five Federal Funding Opportunities and Growing Your Investment in Rapid Rehousing (5/20/2013)
- Pushing to the Goal: Accelerating Progress in Ending Veteran Homelessness (4/25/2013)
- 3 Ways to Accelerate Progress, Breaking Down Legal Barriers, Housing First in HUD-VASH, and successful SOAR program in WA State
- President's FY 14 Budget Demonstrates Commitment to Opening Doors (4/15/2013)
- Joint message from VA Secretary Shinseki and HUD Secretary Donovan, USICH on Targeted Homeless Funding in President's FY14 Budget
- Looking to an End of Family Homelessness (3/20/2013)
- Focusing on family homelessness goal, using a progressive engagement model, USICH releases Annual Update 2012, and more
- Ending Veteran Homelessness: Asking the Tough Questions and Working Together (2/25/2013)
- New report on ending Veteran homelessness, what 5 communities on track to meet the goal are doing, and more
- USICH Releases Youth Framework (2/21/2013)
- USICH Framework to End Youth Homelessnss: A Resource Text for Dialogue and Action
- The 2013 PIT Count Experience (2/7/2013)
- USICH releases PIT Count blogs, wants to hear from you; Mayors and homelessness; USICH hiring
- Get Involved in the 2013 PIT Count (1/16/2013)
- 2013 PIT Count, USICH Staff changes, Boston PIT Count
- December Council Meeting on Veterans and the Term Ahead (12/14/2012)
- A recap on the last Council meeting of 2012 with renewed commitment to Opening Doors, lots of resources on CoC program, PIT Count
- HUD Releases 2012 Data on Homelessness (12/10/2012)
- HUD's Press release on the 2012 Point-in-time data
- HEARTH Act in Focus (11/21/2012)
- How the HEARTH Act impacts your community's response to homelessness - including CoC NOFA important info
- A Message As We Move Forward and More News (11/19/2012)
- A message from Executive Director Barbara Poppe, VA's HPACT program and more
- Important Information about HUD's FY 2012 CoC NOFA (11/9/2012)
- Read from HUD and USICH on important changes to this year's CoC competition
- National Research Agenda and More News (10/26/2012)
- USICH releases the nation's first-ever national research agenda, SSVF funding availability, USICH seeking three policy directors & more
- Reentry In Focus (10/4/2012)
- Improving Reentry and Long-Term Support for Ex-Offenders - federal resources, program profile and more
- Council Meeting Focuses on Family Homelessness (9/14/2012)
- Using mainstream resources for families, expert briefs, HHS supportive housing initiatives, CSH PHA toolkit released
- A Historic Investment and More News (8/28/2012)
- Home for Good LA, Chicago's New Plan, and more news
- Chattanooga's Success (8/15/2012)
- USICH highlights Chattanooga, TN and shares how they've been able to decrease chronic homelessness by 89%.
- Rural Homelessness (7/31/2012)
- What is Rural Homelessness? We talk with cities making progress, experts, and share federal resources.
- New HUD HEARTH Continuum of Care Rule and Guidance Posted (7/16/2012)
- Continuum of Care interim rule posted and HUD issues guidance.
- Youth Homelessness Champions of Change (7/10/2012)
- The White House and USICH honored 13 community leaders for their service to children, youth, and families experiencing homelessness.
- Ending Youth Homelessness (6/18/2012)
- New framework for ending youth homelessness unveiled at Council meeting, reactions from experts.
- Tune in to Council Meeting June 12 & More (6/11/2012)
- Reminder for live webstream of Council meeting, HHS & foundation request for proposals & Section 811 webinar.
- Watch Live Council Meeting June 12 (5/31/2012)
- Watch live the Council Meeting on June 12 on youth homelessness strategy, nominate a Champion of Change, and webinars
- Veterans in Focus - Beyond HUD-VASH (5/21/2012)
- Ways to unlock all available and appropriate resources beyond the HUD-VASH program for Veterans experiencing homelessness.
- USICH Announces New Field Staff (5/11/2012)
- Meet the new Regional Coordinators and learn which area of the country they will be working in.
- Mother's Day Issue: Trauma Informed Care (5/3/2012)
- Details on how to use a trauma informed care approach to help mothers experiencing homelessness and their children.
- USICH Agency Blog Launched (4/30/2012)
- USICH launches a blog and Veterans webinar announcement.
- Ending Chronic Homelessness (4/19/2012)
- USICH meeting focused on chronic homelessness, expert briefs and program profiles to accelerate progress to 2015
- USICH Requests Your Ideas on Educational Outcomes for Children and Youth, and Ending Youth Homelessness (4/11/2012)
- Visit the interactive forum to share your ideas!
- Alternatives to Criminalization Newsletter (4/9/2012)
- Searching Out Solutions report release and positive ways to implement alternatives in your community from practitioners.
- March Newsletter (3/27/2012)
- HUD-VASH news, upcoming webinar on banks and homelessness, conference updates, and more
- Opening Doors Across America Update (3/19/2012)
- Connecticut and Santa Monica, CA join the USICH initiative
- HUD Announces $201 Million in New Homeless Grants (3/13/2012)
- Continuum of Care awards to new programs
- Retooling Crisis Response: What Your Community Needs to Know (3/5/2012)
- Retooling Homeless Services into Crisis Response systems is critical to achieving the goals of Opening Doors. This newsletter offers guidance on this process for your community.
- February Newsletter (2/24/2012)
- Register for two upcoming webinars on crisis response and coordinated and centralized intake, plus articles on the roles of banks and PHAs in ending homelessness.
- President's Budget Invests in Proven Solutions (2/14/2012)
- FY 2013 Budget Proposal overview of homelessness programs.
Guidance for ESG recipients and CoCs from HUD Secretary Donovan
- State Resources Map (1/31/2012)
- New USICH resource provides local contacts and state level homelessness statistics.
- Everybody Counts (1/26/2012)
- PIT Count news plus new grants and other updates
- PIT Count January 2012 (1/23/2012)
- USICH and HUD gives communities guidance and reminders as the undertake their PIT Count and Housing Inventory Count (HIC) this week.
- Harm Reduction for Youth (1/9/2012)
- Experts in harm reduction program models for youth share best practices, upcoming deadlines, and many webinars to sign up for.
- HUD Awards $1.5B in Renewals and Homeless' Persons Memorial Day (12/21/2011)
- Information on Continuum of Care renewals and how Philadelphia is implementing solutions that help save lives
- Council Elects HHS Sebelius as New Chair for 2012 (12/14/2011)
- Secretary Sebelius' election and youth homelessness discussion at the Council Meeting
- Veterans Homelessness Declines 12% in 2011 (12/13/2011)
- A report on the 2011 Point in Time Count, showing steep decline in Veterans Homelessness, declines in other populations
- December Newsletter (12/8/2011)
- VA $100M Funding Annoucement and Latest News on Ending Homelessness
- HUD HEARTH Regs Announcement (11/15/2011)
- Interim Emergency Solutions Grant Regulations and final homeless definition released
- Ending Veterans Homelessness (11/8/2011)
- A note from Dr. Susan Angell of VA, provider profiles and more.
- October News from USICH (10/24/2011)
- Ending Veterans Homelessness Webinar, VA programs and more
- Jobs and Homelessness (10/13/2011)
- Focus on employment programs, outcomes, and partnerships for people experiencing homelessness with advice from the govt and the field.
- Annual Update 2011 (10/3/2011)
- Obama Administration Releases 2011 Annual Update to Opening Doors
- September 30 General Newsletter (9/30/2011)
- Webinar October 5 on housing and employment system partnerships plus news from USICH's federal partners.
- Take Action Now: Opening Doors Across America (9/22/2011)
- Join USICH as we call for states and communities to take concrete steps to end homelessness in America, with resources and examples from leaders around the country.
- September Full Council Meeting and HPRP Milestone (9/15/2011)
- In September the USICH Council met at a local family shelter in DC and met with families who have experienced homelessness and discussed cross agency solutions to family homelessness. HPRP has now prevented or ended homelessness for over one million Americans.
- Save the Date - 3 USICH Webinars (9/7/2011)
- Three USICH webinars before the end of September, federal agency news, the latest homelessness research, and an update on FEMA's Emergency Food and Shelter Program
- Public Housing Agencies and Ending Homelessness (8/2/2011)
- USICH overview of the role of PHAs in preventing and ending homelesness.
Interview with three PHA leaders on successful programs and partnerships.
- VA Homelessness Prevention Grants (7/26/2011)
- $60 million in grants to help 22,000 Veteran families at risk of homelessness
- July Save the Date and General Newsletter (7/21/2011)
- Webinar on the role of PHAs in ending homelessness will be hosted on August 11th at 2pm EDT
- July Council Meeting (7/13/2011)
- The Interagency Council affirms progress and strategy of Opening Doors one year in
- July Families Newsletter (7/7/2011)
- A full package on information on ending family homelessness, including how the federal govt and communities help, service providers, and more
- Save the Date: June 22nd Opening Doors Anniversary Stakeholder Call (6/10/2011)
- Invite to the Anniversary Conference Call, national conferences updates, and other news
- Common Vocabulary Report Submitted to Congress (6/1/2011)
- Announcement of the report USICH submitted to Congress regarding the development of a common vocabulary for housing status across Agencies
- May General Newsletter (5/24/2011)
- Medicaid and Supportive Housing, HEARTH Implementation news, new NLIHC report, Member Agency News
- Website Launch (5/11/2011)
- Check out the new USICH.gov!
- New CoC Grants-$216 Million Awarded (4/28/2011)
- Special Alert: HUD Announces additional FY 2010 CoC awards to new communities
- April General Newsletter (4/18/2011)
- Budget Update, LA Summit, Focus on SAMSHA
- USICH Full Council Meeting (3/31/2011)
- Cabinet Secretaries Discuss Ending Homelessness with Mayors and Governors
- March Special Issue (3/21/2011)
- Homelessness and the Criminal Justice System
- Strategic Planning to End Homelessness (3/1/2011)
- President's Budget Special Edition (2/15/2011)
- President's Budget Proposes Historic Funding Levels for Homelessness Programs
- Veterans AHAR Report (2/10/2011)
- HUD and VA Issue First-Ever Report on Veteran Homelessness in America
- February Special Issue (2/1/2011)
- LGBTQ Youth Homelessness
- CoC's Annoucement (1/20/2011)
- HUD Awards $1.41 Billion in Homeless Grants
- New Year's Issue (1/13/2011)
- Opening Doors Implementation Update
- December Special Issue (12/15/2010)
- Using Health Reform to End Homelessness
- December General Newsletter (12/2/2010)
- HHS Seeks Nominations for innovative practices, USICH launches online communications survey
- November Special Issue (11/11/2010)
- Veterans Homelessness: spotlight on VA Secretary Shinseki and federal programs for Veterans
- October Special Issue (10/28/2010)
- Domestic Violence: scope of the problem and model programs
- October General Newsletter (10/14/2010)
- Executive Director meets with homeless youth, Housing First in Boston highlighted, Jarrett addresses LGBT homeless youth
- September Special Issue (10/1/2010)
- Family Homelessness
- News Alert: HUD releases 2010 CoC NOFA - All (9/20/2010)
- September General Newsletter (9/15/2010)
- Dept. of Ed partnership with USICH, USICH historical overview
- August General Newsletter (8/30/2010)
- New presentation on Opening Doors, NCH releases report on hate crimes against the homeless
- Opening Doors Implementation Update (8/12/2010)
- Update, GAO report on rural homelessness, announcement of Regional Coordinators
- Poppe, Donovan present at NAEH Conference (7/22/2010)
- NAEH Speeches, National Partner endorsement of Federal Strategic Plan
- Opening Doors Resources (7/8/2010)
- Webinar on Plan, focus on State and Regional ICHs connection to Plan
- Opening Doors release (6/22/2010)
- Announcement of plan, officials to hold webinar on June 23
- Opening Doors Release date announcement (6/15/2010)
- Announcement of June 22 release date with links to White House
- Second Council Meeting of Administration Held (5/26/2010)
- Recap of meeting, Congressional hearing on Veterans
- FY 2009 Annual Report (5/18/2010)
- Report, Engaging the faith community
- Federal Strategic Plan Update (4/15/2010)
- Recap of stakeholder input on Opening Doors
- March General Newsletter (3/30/2010)
- HUD Cost Study of first-time homelessness, Executive Director speeches from two conferences of professionals
- Special Issue (3/9/2010)
- The Census and Homelessness
- First Council Meeting of 2010 (2/12/2010)
- Meeting recap, President's FY 2011 budget request
- USICH's new Deputy Directors (1/22/2010)
- Introduction of Deputy Directors
- January General Newsletter (1/8/2010)
- Increasing access to mainstream benefits
United States Interagency Council on Homelessness
409 3rd St. SW
Washington, District of Columbia 20024