|Empowered Living Ministries Email Archives Homepage
|Empowered Living Ministries is dedicated to helping people find a practical walk with God in which they are enabled to simplify their lives, revitalize their marriages, reconnect their families, and touch other's lives. |
View archived emails in Polish. Click here.
Click on one of the archived emails below for a challenging and inspiring thought.
- GA Camp meeting cancelled for Sept 2016
- Stress is a key factor in winning or loosing the fight over cancer. Jim is winning his battle against cancer but we want to have a complete victory with Jesus and this change in plans is necessary to do that
- Jim Cancer Update #2
- Life sure can throw you a curve ball but with God's help and with His will we can hit that curve ball out of the ball park!! This cancer diagnosis was truly an unexpected curve ball. But God is walking with us through this journey.
- Cease & Desist
- If Christ's follower's would honestly "Cease & Desist" from these following 10 things we would find not only a deeper church Unity but actual church Growth as well.
- Our Only Security
- God is the ONLY One Who can fill you-truly fill you and make you whole! If you rely upon people or organizations, they will always fail you. God often permits those in whom we place confidence to fail us, in order that we may learn the folly of trusting in man and making flesh our arm.
- Jim Cancer Update #1
- We continue to research, evaluate and are settling into a treatment protocol that is chosen prayerfully and thoughtfully with the information we have available today.
- The Unqualified of God
- Yes God can use anybody. It can be just an ordinary person - like you and me .. you must respond to that cry and rise up and realize that even as the unqualified, you are uniquely qualified to help bring life to a lost world.
- Jim has cancer!!
- We come to you with some shocking news and a request for prayer of healing from our Heavenly Father. Three weeks ago Jim got the news that he has Prostate Cancer!!
- Prison Behind Closed Doors
- Your past need not determine your future. It doesn't matter how many time you have fallen but will you get back up and turn to God again is what really matters. You must Give your life to God and learn new ways, abandon the old ways and find His empowerment.
- Bali, Indonesia trip
- Oh to let go of "old habits" that presently ruled over them. Oh to learn to truly "love their spouses" to get along, to not get angry and push each other away. Oh to "not be ruled by emotions" but be empowered to do the right! Regret and hope were awakened in the longing of their hearts. Now it was between them and their God.
- Set the Captives Free
- Wish you could have been there!! This was our second visit to the Delta Prison Correctional Institution. It was awesome. These big, strong, men--towering in many cases--came up to me and were respectful, polite, friendly; not dominating, ugly, or vulgar; not angry or bitter ... but BROKEN men desirous of Jesus to heal and save them.
- Ten Evidences
- Let's discuss 10 evidences that you are one with God and not just playing church. Why? Because the world will never be convinced by what the pulpit teaches but by what the church members live.
- Need Your Help!
- I'm working on a new Sermon and I need some honest input from the field. So if you will read on, think about the question below, pray about it, be serious about considering an honest answer then respond to me, I'd really appreciate your help and thoughts.
- God Substitutes
- How can a church whose entire focus is the coming of Christ not recognize Him and not receive Him when He comes? The answer is simpler than you think - God Substitutes!
- The Code I'd Die For
- The hardest task in my life has been to peel away the layers of religion in order to find God. Now I belong to God and I want you to as well!
- Are You a Christian?
- Are you "in Christ?" Or are you merely in the church, in the truth, into reforms, into outreach, into end time events? Without living "in Christ" these activities can be a curse.
- Spiritual Preparedness
- With all the talk we hear in today's world about wars, financial collapses, natural disasters, etc.; we can't help but wonder just what will be the next critical event for which we should prepare.
- A Living Demonstration
- God wants a demonstration! Jesus came and lived a demonstration! That's why He's our example.
- New Video added to UTube Channel APW
- We have just added Sally's "A Personal Walk" DVD series to our YouTube.com channel.
- Strengthened By Struggles
- Struggles are exactly what I need in my life. If I were allowed to go through life without obstacles, setbacks and disappointments, it would have crippled me.
- What Defines You?
- Too often we are worried about what people think of us, which inhibits us from following God with our whole hearts. We need to free ourselves from our Critics and Cheerleaders so we can follow the God-given directions with reckless abandonment, because all that will matter in the end is fulfilling God's plan for our life.
- It's Time!
- No location in the world is far enough to keep the judgment of God out. The safest place you can be is not in a remote location or island. No! The safest place you can be is in the will of God in the moment. God is our Safe Zone and it's time we enter in and remain in that safe zone.
- Attitude In Adversity
- here's an old saying, "attitude determines altitude." In other words, a positive, faith-filled attitude will cause you to rise higher in life, but a negative, self-defeated attitude will only drag you down.
- Jim's Recovery update #11
- We consider God an Awesome God--Our Healer in this world. The Capstone to Jim's healing is the remarkable hike out. Jim wanted to do the 8 miles up non-stop to the top...
- Check out YouTube Channel IAP
- Another series has been added to the ELM YouTube channel.
- Our Baggage
- You've heard that sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. Well, guess what? It's one of the biggest lies you've ever been taught. Words can cut sooo deep, and if we don't learn to LET GO of those words and realize who we are IN CHRIST, essentially what we do is we pick up baggage and carry it around.
- Prisoners of Hope
- God wants us to be so full of hope, so full of expectancy that we just can't help believing in his total Sovereignty over our lives. He wants us to be PRISONERS of HOPE!
- Jim Videos Officially on YouTube
- Empowered Living Ministries is now officially on YouTube.
- Remain In Him
- God doesn't want us to live life like a roller coaster. He wants to bring us to a place of stability so we can remain strong in Him. Are you finding your stability in El Shadai, the all-sufficient one?
- God & God Alone Series
- Two new series are available in the ELM store:
God & God Alone by Jim Hohnberger
God Our Helper by Sally Hohnberger
Messages available in DVD, MP3 audio download and MP4 video download
- Getting Your Joy Back
- God's word teaches us that it is possible to rise above our circumstances. Whether that is sickness, death of a loved one, and accident such as mine, the wrongness of others towards us, financial problems, even bankruptcy, whatever it is we can find our joy in them, by focusing on our God who is sovereign over all and always has the final word.
- The Faith of My Grandchildren
- Jesus says that we must become like little children in our faith. Whatever does that mean? That means we need to have complete TRUST in God. My grandchildren have taught me this like no one else.
- Merry Christmas from ELM (12/12/2014)
- Our prayer for each of you is that you will find this REST that is truly available regardless of the circumstances that surround your life and this world. May Christ reign supreme in your hearts and family.
- Jim's Health Update #10 (11/11/2014)
- Jim had surgery to remove rods and screws from his back. By Gods grace, a nurse witnesses a 48-year career first post-operative recovery when Jim is sent home the same day. We thank Jesus for being our Great Physician.
- Drop Your Baggage and Move Forward (11/1/2014)
- God has a new destiny for you! Many people get stuck in life because they've been hurt, betrayed, misused and they end up settling where they are. Nothing that has happened to you is a surprise to God. They were not allowed in order to defeat you but to increase you and grow your dependency in the God of your universe.
- Jim's Health Update #9 (10/23/2014)
- Nine months since Jim's fall through the greenhouse roof in Feb 2014 in Montana means we are heading back to Montana for surgery Tuesday October 28th to remove the 2 rods and 10 screws from Jim's back.
- Freedom In Contentment (10/3/2014)
- In life, sometimes it's easy to get so focused on our dreams and goals that we tune out everything else. We can get to the point where we're not going to be happy until we see those things happen. What's the solution? You've got to release it.
- Let It Go! (9/5/2014)
- It is sooo easy to go through life focused on what didn't work out, who hurt us, or the mistakes we've made. As long as you are living in regret, focused on the negative things of the past, it's going to keep you from the brighter future God has in store.
- War Drums Beating! (8/8/2014)
- Nearly everywhere you turn, geopolitical unrest is exploding off the charts, threatening to destroy the very fabric of society. And a battle that will soon come to main street USA.
- Sharing an Experience (8/1/2014)
- When a Hindrance or Trial Comes ... What do I need to do?
- Jim's Healing Update # 8 (7/11/2014)
- On Monday July 7th we had a discussion with Jim's Neurosurgeon.
- 4th of July Liberation Day (7/3/2014)
- Most of us have found a church but have we really found the empowering Jesus? Are we really liberated from the self-directed life?
- Happy Father's Day (6/6/2014)
- To the whole world you may be just one person but to One person you may be the WHOLE World! Does Someone need you to be that person???
- Happy Mother's Day (5/9/2014)
- A tribute to Jim's mother.
- Jim's Update #7 (5/6/2014)
- A hike for Jim proves to be a good step in recovery. Jim wanted to send this to you in thanks for all the prayers that have and are still going out on his behalf.
- Jim's Recovery Update #6 (4/13/2014)
- Jim and Sally thank each and everyone of you for your prayers!! Jim's recovery has been Extra-Ordinary and Particularly Swift in answer to your prayers.
- Accepting the Sovereignty of God (4/4/2014)
- Is God the author of all the problems in our lives? Absolutely not! But He is the author of how problems, trials and crises are used in your life. Christians can be sure of one thing, He will use them to benefit His children. (Genesis 50:20)
- Jim's Recovery Update #5 (3/19/2014)
- One month out from Jim's accident and the Lord's healing Hand is evident. Jim is gaining much strength and mobility.
- Jim's Healing Update #4 (3/2/2014)
- Jim is released from the hospital and resting up for the long trip home to Colorado at the home of Matthew and Angela.
- God's Waiting Room (3/1/2014)
- The Christians joy is in knowing that God's light is not only greater than their personal darkness but will also overpower and outlast all their darkness.
- Recovery Update #3 (2/25/2014)
- Jim is up and walking. We thank you immensely for your prayer and emotional support
- Jim's Surgery Update (2/23/2014)
- Jim's condition improved after surgery.
- Jim Broke His Back--Please Pray! (2/20/2014)
- Jim had a serious accident and needs your prayers.
- Finish Your Race (2/2/2014)
- When you are suffering and struggling to reach your goal... There is ONE who sees you and comes down from on high to join you. He knows your struggle. He knows your pain. If you listen, you can even hear Him say, "We are going to finish this together."
- Is God Enough? (1/1/2014)
- Paul said it so eloquently, "For IN Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are COMPLETE in Him." Colossians 2:9, 10 ... Complete means you are filled up. You are full. No deficiency whatsoever!
- Merry Christmas (12/15/2013)
- A Christmas message from the Hohnberger family.
- Gift Ideas (12/1/2013)
- We would like to help you with your "Gift Giving" this Christmas.
- Happy Thanksgiving !! (11/26/2013)
- We wish we all could have been there for the 1st Thanksgiving get together! They really sacrificed to get us the Greatest-Country on earth with the Greatest Freedoms and opportunities man has ever known. We all appreciate their sacrifices for us.
- My Prayer at age 65 (11/1/2013)
- Read Jim's prayer from the heart based on Revelation 22:13
"He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."
- Pursing God (10/4/2013)
- God is a person. A relationship with Him can be cultivated as with any person. But how many people do you know that KNOW God? So many of us are treating God as we treat our spouses - as a convenience.
- Call for Prayer (9/13/2013)
- We Need Your Prayers!
"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16
- God Is Enough! (9/1/2013)
- My Queen and I turn 65 this year and our life is being marked by a growing hunger after God Himself. Our souls are a thirst for the living God and our heart and flesh cannot be satisfied with religion alone. No longer can correct "interpretations" of truth satisfy us by themselves.
- New Phone Number (8/16/2013)
- Empowered Living Ministries is here to serve you!
We are in Colorado and well settled. The move was a blessing and more blessings showing as time goes by. Thank you Lord for orchestrating this move.
- Discouragement (8/2/2013)
- The church abounds with people who are "discouraged because of the way." Their souls are faint in them, and their religious lives are full of defeat and misery. There is nothing that so paralyzes the Christian walk then discouragement.
- Strengthened Through Failure (7/5/2013)
- Peter was an apostate. An apostate is one who denies the faith, a defector, a turncoat, one who deserts. That's what Peter did to Jesus and he did it not long after boasting that he would die for the faith. Peter's faith failed. He then went to the darkest hours of his life.
- We are Moving (6/30/2013)
- Yes, you heard it correctly we are moving from Polebridge, Montana to Olathe, Colorado. Let me tell you the condensed story ....
- Stuck & Going Nowhere! (6/7/2013)
- There is a lot that God wants to do in our lives that will not be done until we do what He has already revealed to us to do. What He asks us to do isn't always all that huge.
- Our Articles ~ Newsletters ~ Emails (5/17/2013)
- Look through our articles, newsletters and emails for something of interest. It's great reading material that challenges your personal walk, your marriage, or your character and helps you to FIND a personal God that is there for you.
- A Swimming Lesson (5/3/2013)
- God is calling us to swim and not merely wade in the ocean of life. Many people are afraid to jump in because they want to stay IN CONTROL. But God calls all of us to let go of our attempts to control and find the place where we are immersed IN HIM.
- It's A GIRL ... Emma Rose Hohnberger (4/14/2013)
- Jim and Sally want to share "our" Great Joy with you. Emma Rose Hohnberger, our 7th grandchild, was born Tuesday March 26th 2013. God has GREAT and WONDERFUL Blessings for all of us. Let us all Rejoice and Be Glad In Him!!
- Your Past DOES NOT Determine Your Future (4/5/2013)
- Though Rahab sold her body for money, a holy God never sold her out, gave up on her or found her non-approachable. The story of Rahab teaches us that it is never too late and the pit is never to deep for God to restore us and redeem us.
- God Our Reality Product Announcement (3/20/2013)
- Tired of mere Religion Only? Desire God's Sovereignty over your entire life? Want God as your Reality and not your circumstances? "God Our Reality" will ground you in the fact that God and God alone is enough for all your needs.
- It's Never Too Late (3/1/2013)
- Many people wonder, "Is it too late for me?""Is it too late for God to do something with me?" But the answer is very simple. "No it's not too late. It's never too late for God."
- The Narrow Way (2/1/2013)
- The many or the few, where do you fit? Many find religion, many find a system of belief, many find a denominated belonging, many find religious duties and involvement but FEW find the secret place. FEW have the Vine and branch experience.
- Spanish Products Promo (1/18/2013)
- New Spanish Products!
Now available are Spanish subtitles on 5 DVD's. You can purchase them online, by phone, or email.
- An Impending Crisis (1/1/2013)
- The fact is, this year God intends to take you and me deeper! Even as I write this, the whole world is frightened, perplexed and confused. Even some of the most devoted Christians are wondering about all the fast-moving events as they rapidly unfold.
- The Greatest Christmas Present (12/14/2012)
- I was thinking, what is the one gift that everybody needs? Is there truly a universal gift for all? Is it a gift I need to receive as well as give to others? I know I need this gift and I know I need to give this gift as well.
- Holiday Gift Ideas (11/14/2012)
- Give a Gift that keeps on giving.
Give a Gift that says Thank you for being You!
They helped you now you want to Help them.
- Trials and Hard Times (11/2/2012)
- Hard times in life, we all go through them. Why do they happen? I'm learning that God is bigger than any of my problems. He's always there and He always loves me and wants to help me take something negative in my life and use it to do something really good in the end.
- Secure IN Him (12/7/2012)
- A lot of us have been duped into thinking that the devil is winning. The Bible clearly indicates that is not true. Read more to learn why.
- Unplug to Plug In! (10/19/2012)
- Laptops, iPods, cable TV, Facebook, and Twitter. We are a generation of technology. Where does God fit in?
- Radical Forgiveness (10/5/2012)
- Sure, forgiveness is good in the realm of relatively minor transgressions, but is there a limit to forgiveness? Are there some offenses that go beyond the capacity of forgiveness? Read more...
- Levels of Love (9/21/2012)
- I'm coming to the conclusion that none of us are really safe until we can love those who have hurt us, mocked us, threatened us, opposed us and have inflicted pain upon us. There are four types of people we need to love. Read the entire article to learn more.
- Our Promised Helper (9/7/2012)
- I need help! You need help! We all need help and that is why Christ, before He ascended, promised to send us the Comforter.
- Only Two Options (8/17/2012)
- When you and I look upon the world, we see it through different lenses than God does. When you and I see individuals we see them differently than God does. Learn what Jesus sees when He looks down into our world and our hearts.
- Failure Need NOT be Defeat (8/3/2012)
- Is failure the same as defeat? Proverbs 24:16 says, "A righteous man may fall seven times and rise again." How does that apply to you?
- Our Greatest Sin! (7/20/2012)
- It has been said, that we do our greatest sinning when we believe we are right. While you and I cannot solve all the wars in the world today, we can deal with the war in our own heart that which God is asking us to deal with.
- Simply Jesus! (7/6/2012)
- The gospel is not complicated! If you feel like it is complicated, or you feel overwhelmed by all life has thrown your way, read this article.
- Uncertainty (6/15/2012)
- Uncertainty, we all face it one way or another. I hardly know a person today on planet Earth, that isn't wrestling in the jaws of uncertainty. How do you handle it?
- Unbelief--Our Weakness (6/1/2012)
- Jesus said we are to become as little children. What did He mean by this and how does it affect my walk with God?
- Figuring It Out (5/18/2012)
- Solomon figured it out at the end of his life. Billy Graham figured it out at the end of his life. What about you?
- Your Identity (5/4/2012)
- Where is my identity? Where is yours? The Bible tells us that we are complete in Christ.
- The Seasons of Life (4/13/2012)
- Which season of life are you in? Springtime with the hope of a new life. The summer time of lush growth and more hope. The fall time of harvest and abundance. Or the winter time of apparent death, harshness, coldness and the look of hopelessness. One season does not determine who you are but the whole needs to be viewed just like God does.
- Waiting Patiently on God (4/1/2012)
- Ever since I was a little lad, I hated to wait. Now that I'm a Christian, I am waiting on God. Like Peter, I am ready now! But if the truth was really known... (read more)
- Emotional Upheavals (3/16/2012)
- Tragedy strikes - it may be a disease, family or personal relationships, marriage problems, business problems, financial problems. For those of us going through such trials, it often feels like we're in a furnace.
- Rest (3/2/2012)
- Real REST do you want it? Do you possess it? Does it evade you? God promises, "I will give you rest."
- Trust In God (2/3/2012)
- If there is something in your life that you just haven't been able to get beyond-God wants you to know-He's in control. He is able to get you through every situation. Trust God!
- Fear Not Postcard (1/15/2012)
- In the battles of everyday life, peace is our weapon.
- I Will Comfort You (1/1/2012)
- Many of us do the things we do for a temporary "sense" of comfort. Read about true comfort that God offers each of us.
- God and God Alone (12/9/2011)
- The last and greatest lesson that all of us have to learn is the fact that God, and God alone, is enough for all our needs.
- Jim's Letter (8/12/2011)
- Spiritual Nugget #2 "Comfort & Encouragement" (8/1/2011)
- God promises us a lamp unto our feet, not a crystal ball into our future.
- Spiritual Nugget #1 A Note From a Friend (7/26/2011)
- Don't let past failures or adversities stifle today's growth.
- No Satisfaction (5/13/2011)
- The one thing that truly satisfies is what most of us pursue the least.
- Forgive 70 x 7 (3/18/2011)
- Are you caught in a whirlpool of retaliation? Forgiveness is the key to getting out.
- Baby Grace announcement (2/8/2011)
- A poem of adoption for Baby Grace Hohnberger.
- Season's Greetings 2010 (12/16/2010)
- Life is about giving - not getting. Best wishes to you from the Hohnberger family!
- Harvest of Life (9/27/2010)
- Embrace the real harvest of life.
- Is God real to you? (8/11/2010)
- Let's not live our lives as if God is not real.
- This is our need! (6/28/2010)
- Take the time to know - He's your God!
- Where you are...God is! (5/18/2010)
- When a man or woman of God is in the making, Satan will hit them with all the discouragement he can.
- In God We Trust (3/22/2010)
- You never know how God can turn disaster into a blessing! Here's a recent story from South Africa...
- No greater Valentine! (2/14/2010)
- There is no greater Valentine you and I can give to the world than our hearts touching their hearts and in turn touching God's heart.
- Draw near to the Master (11/17/2009)
- In need of rest? Guidance? Strength? Draw near to the source of all refreshment.
- Take positive action! (9/29/2009)
- When negative emotions arise, take positive action!
- August 09 Postcard (8/19/2009)
- Many things compete for our hearts. Who or what rules yours?
- June 09 Postcard (6/16/2009)
- In a world spinning faster and faster, God invites us to "be still" and know Him.
- May 09 Letter (5/13/2009)
- Are you drowning in trouble? Here's a helping hand.
- Christmas 2008 (12/18/2008)
- Take a peek at some of life's real treasures!
- Sept donor letter (9/22/2008)
- Christianity is not your church. It is not your knowledge. It is not your outreach, your lifestyle, or your reforms. It is Christ in you, your hope of glory.
- Jul 07 2008 Monthly (7/22/2008)
- Discover the power of a hug!
- Hug Dad 2008 (6/10/2008)
- Here's one man's tribute to his father.
- KISS every day (4/16/2008)
- Do you K.I.S.S. each day? Or are you too B.U.S.Y.?
- January 08 Letter (1/29/2008)
- A new year's resolution with substance!
Empowered Living Ministries
9550 High Mesa Road
Olathe, Colorado 81425