|Intermuseum Conservation Association
Email Archives Homepage
Get all the latest information on happenings at the ICA Conservation Center via ICA News Online
Visit the ICA website for more detailed descriptions of our conservation, preservation, and education services: http://www.ica-artconservation.org
- ICA Newsflash: March, 2013
- ICA - Art Conservation is supporting the Cleveland International FIlm Festival by sponsoring the film "Renoir"!
Also, the Ohio Museums Association will be holding a museum advocacy workshop at the OCA.
- ICA Newsflash: February, 2013
- ICA - Art Conservation has collaborated with other arts and culture organization to create a project for the Cuyahoga Arts & Culture's Creative Culture Grants! Please support our project!
Also, ICA has annouced its support of the Cleveland International Film Festival.
- ICA News Online: January 2013
- ICA - Art Conservation is pleased to present its first virtual exhibit, "The Silent Treatment"!
- ICA Program Newsflash
- Paper Conservator Jamye Jamison holds a workshop at Gray's Auctioneers, and ICA - Art Conservation is still accepting applications for the annual subsidized survey!
- An Invitation to ICA's 2012 Annual Meeting
- Please join us Wednesday, November 14th, 4:30- 7:00pm at the Progressive Insurance Visitor Center, as we celebrate another great year at ICA.
- ICA News Online-- October 2012
- This newsletter includes a message from our Executive Director, an update on the Spirit of Education mural, and information on our Octavofest events.
- ICA Program & Subsidized Survey Newsflash
- ICA News Online--July 2012
- Topics include ICA's recent community involvement, the completion of the massive conservation campaign of the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center, and our recent interns and educational programs. Also, the announcement of ICA's first public exhibition!
- ICA News Online--April 2012
- Topics include exciting new projects, ICA's involvement with the Ohio Museums Association's 'Iconic Experiences' conference, and Heather Galloway's new status as Fellow in the American Institute for Conservation.
- ICA News Online--January 2012
- Topics include the conservation of two Joseph Haber Mural for the Village of Bratenahl, the awarding of our annual subsidized survey, and our recent support from the Kelvin and Eleanor Smith Foundation.
- ICA News Online--October 2011
- Topics include continuing work on the Romare Bearden mural, Octavofest, a mural project at West Virginia University, and the treatment of a series of 19th century maps for the Cleveland Public Library.
- ICA News Online--July 2011
- Topics include work on a massive Romare Bearden mural, treatment of a German expressionist stained glass window for the Cranbrook Art Museum, and the new faces at the ICA.
- ICA News Online--May 2011
- Special bonus issue! A description of four awards ICA has recently received.
- ICA News Online--April 2011
- A special issue focusing in detail on the largest collaborative conservation project in ICA's history, the preservation of two murals by African-American artist Elmer Brown.
- ICA News Online--January 2011
- Topics include the launch of a new membership benefit structure, conservation of tiles from ancient Antioch, ICA's senior paintings conservator traveling to Europe to conduct research, and the awarding of our annual free collection survey.
- ICA News Online--October 2010
- Topics include an education program participant deciding to go to conservation graduate school, the launch of our redesigned website, Octavofest book and paper celebration events, our fourth annual subsidized survey, Ohio Connecting to Collections next steps, and one year on Facebook and YouTube.
- ICA News Online--July 2010
- Topics include recent field work in Singapore and Texas, educational programming milestones, Ohio Connecting to Collections Regional Meetings, and a donation of pigments to the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco.
- ICA News Online--April 2010
- Topics include using digital technology to replicate historic fabric, conserving art in Singapore, the launch of the redesigned AMIEN website, and the completion of our library/archives project.
- ICA News Online--January 2010
- Topics include a profile of the ICA in a National Trust publication, the receipt of a record number of applications for our annual free survey program, the completion of two grant-funded projects, and ICA's recent marketing and development efforts.
- ICA News Online--October 2009
- Topics include new Facebook and YouTube pages, positive press coverage, AMIEN consultation days, Ingenuity Fest 2009, and the 3rd annual ICA Subsidized Survey.
- ICA News Online--July 2009
- Topics include lightfastness testing in Europe, the launch of an ICA CafePress shop, Cool Cleveland visiting the Conservation Center, ICA receiving an architectural preservation award, and our upcoming 60th anniversary celebration.
- ICA News Online--April 2009
- Topics include ICA connecting with Ohio legislators, lightfastness testing, May Day and Preservation Month, and more "days in the life" of the ICA.
- ICA News Online--January 2009
- Topics include an AMIEN mural project in Slavic Village, a visit to the Conservation Center by Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson, and an election-year conservation project at the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center.
- ICA News Online--October 2008
- Topics include pro bono assistance from the Mandel Center for Nonprofit Organizations and Eisen Management Group, sponsoring book purchases for the research library, AIC-CERT, and a few "days in the life" of the ICA.
- ICA News Online--July 2008
- Topics include the treatment of the Kelsey Museum's archaeological watercolors, the fašade restoration receiving two design awards, the conservation of a landmark Cleveland sculpture, and our second annual Subsidized Survey program.
- ICA News Online--April 2008
- Topics include the completion of our fašade restoration, the return of a Joan Mirˇ mural to the lab, GoodSearch and other support opportunities, and receipt of a capacity building grant from the Ohio Arts Council.
- ICA News Online--January 2008
- Topics include the conservation of public art from the Valleyview Housing Project, a new ICA/Ohio Preservation Council partnership, AMIEN's first birthday, and a host of upcoming programs and initiatives.
- ICA News Online--October 2007
- Topics include membership, the success of our "Reading the Book" symposium, the Ohio Preservation Council 2007 Symposium, and ICA "friend raisers."
- ICA News Online--July 2007
- Topics include the launch of our redesigned website, the conservation of an 80' Saul Steinberg mural, laboratory tours, and our fine art storage facility.
- ICA News Online--April 2007
- Topics include the launch of our architectural division, the conservation of a National Underground Railroad Freedom Center textile artwork, the awarding of two free on-site collections surveys, and Monthly Consultation Day.
- ICA News Online--January 2007
- Our inaugural issue! Topics include our many initiatives for the coming year, upcoming and successfully completed educational programming, and the launch of AMIEN.
Intermuseum Conservation Association
2915 Detroit Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44113