|We hope that you enjoy reading the Customer Experience Matters Monthly Journal, our newsletter dedicated to helping organizations become more customer-centric. We've provided links below to our previous newsletters. |
If you would like to find out more about Temkin Group, then visit our website (www.temkingroup.com), send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or give us a call (617/916-2075).
If you want to receive future issues of CX Matters, then click here.
- Previous Issues Of The Customer Experience Journal
- These journals provide insights from Temkin Group's research and blog posts. Click on the titles to see the journal.
- April 2013: B2B Customer Experience Best Practices
- See our report on how B2B companies can use customer experience to drive stronger enterprise relationships. Also includes our annual benchmark of media consumption int he U.S.
- March 2013: Customer Experience Ratings of 246 Companies
- See the results form the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings and how the results have changed over the last two years. This journal also includes data on the state of the CX profession and plans that companies have for CX in 2013.
- February 2013: The Secret to CX Excellence
- The winners and finalists for Temkin Group's CX Excellence Award are highlighted along with an update to our foundational report, Four Customer Experience Core Competencies
- January 2013: 13 CX Trends, Metrics, and Service Recovery
- See our 13 CX trends to watch in 2013 along with our report on how companies are using CX metrics. The journal also highlights data showing the value of service recovery.
- December 2012: Employee Engagement and the Meaning of Loyalty
- Our newest research identifies best practices across what we call the Five Is of Employee Engagement: Inform, Inspire, Instruct, Involve, and Incent. We also examine a post that offers a new definition for loyalty and a different way to think about it.
- November 2012: Net Promoter Scores and Practical Wisdom
- We share results from the research report Net Promoter Score Benchmark Study, 2012 that provides scores for 180 companies across 19 industries. Highlights also include a post titled Customer Experience Needs More Practical Wisdom that was inspired by a fantastic TED Speech from Barry Schwartz.
- October 2012: Employee Engagement and HR Suppport
- Highlights groundbreaking research that examines CX and employee engagement through the eyes of 300 human resources professionals from large companies.
- September 2012: Prepare for Next Gen VoC Programs
- Highlights new research on where leading-edge VoC programs are heading and includes informaiton on Temkin Group's CX maturity self-assessment.
- August 2012: The Future of Customer Experience
- Highlights new research on the overall evolution of customer experience along with 6 CX maturity levels of companies and 8 new CX skills that companies must mater in the future. It also includes research tying happiness to loyalty and a CX reading list for senior execs.
- July 2012: 10 CX Mistakes to Avoid
- Highlights new eBook "10 CX Mistakes to Avoid" along with the 2012 Temkin Customer Service Ratings. Also includes highlights from CXPA event in San Diego.
- June 2012: The State of CX Management
- Highlights report on the state of CX management based on a survey of 200+ large companies and the Temkin Web Experience Ratings.
- May 2012: Forgiveness and Trust Ratings
- Highlights two key Temkin Ratings, Forgiveness and Trust, that rank more than 200 companies across 18 industries.
- April 2012: The ROI of Customer Experience
- Highlights ROI of Customer Experience report that shows strong correlation between customer experience and loyalty and revenue. Also includes look at 2012 Temkin Loyalty Ratings of 206 companies across 18 industries based on a survey of 10,000 US consumers.
- March 2012: CX Ratings of 200+ Companies
- Highlights 2012 Temkin Experience Ratings of 206 companies across 18 industries based on a survey of 10,000 US consumers. Also includes details on product and relationship ratings of tech vendors and research on 2012 CX plans of large organizations.
- February 2012: CX Ratings of UK Firms and Tech Vendors
- Highlights two Temkin Experience Ratings. We rated 66 UK companies across seven industries based on a survey of 3,000 consumers and 60 technology vendors based on a survey of 800 IT professionals.
- January 2012: Employee Engagement & 10 CX Resolutions
- Highlights new post with 10 resolutions for CX professionals to follow in 2012 and groundbreaking new research report that uses survey of 2,400+ US employees to connect employee engagement with customer experience and productivity.
- December 2011: CX Metrics & Innovation
- Survey of 200+ large companies highlights what firms are doing (and not doing) with customer experience metrics. Issue also highlights Innovation Equity Ratings of 50 large brands.
- November 2011: 2011 Temkin Trust Ratings
- USAA, Amazon.com, and Costco top list of 143 companies in Temkin Trust Ratings. Newsletter also includes highlights from CXPA event in Boston.
- October 2011: Lessons From Steve Jobs
- Discusses some of the great design and customer experience lessons from Steve Jobs. Also includes top 25 companies in Temkin Customer Service ratings (in honor of Customer Service Week) and some posts about employee engagement.
- September 2011: State of Voice of the Customer Programs
- Highlights recent report that benchmarks the VoC programs within large companies using Temkin Group's VoC assessment tool. Also includes blog posts about three CX mistakes to avoid.
- August 2011: Best & Worst Of Customer Service
- Highlights recent report, 2011 Temkin Customer Service Ratings, with data on 129 large firms. Also includes posts about health care and unstructured data.
- July 2011: Temkin Web Experience Ratings & Social Media Influence
- Highlights three Temkin Group Reports: 2011 Temkin Web Experience Ratings, Social Media's Limited Affect On Purchase Decisions, and The PC Buying Experience, 2011. Also references popular posts like 9 Recommendations For Net Promoter Score (NPS) programs.
- June 2011: Customer Experience Correlates To Loyalty
- Highlights a new Temkin Group report, The Customer Experience-Loyalty Connection, which shows data on how customer experience is correlated to loyalty across 12 industries. Also highlights two other Temkin Group reports: The State Of Customer Experience Management, 2011 and the 2011 Temkin Forgiveness Ratings.
- May 2011: Customer Experience Professionals Association
- We introduce a new organization for customer experience professionals, CXPA.org. Its mission: The Customer Experience Professionals Association is a global, non-profit organization that supports the professional development of its members by enhancing networking, providing research and education, establishing standards, promoting the industry, and creating a better understanding of the discipline of customer experience.
This edition also includes the 2011 Temkin Loyalty Ratings which rates 143 companies across 12 industries based on loyalty of 6,000 US consumers and the research report: Voice Of The Customer Programs Grow Up.
- April 2011: The 2011 Temkin Experience Ratings
- Amazon.com, Kohl's, Costco, Lowe's, and Sam's Club lead 143 companies across 12 industries in the 2011 Temkin Experience Ratings. 6,000 US consumers rated their experiences with companies in three areas: Functional, Accessible, and Emotional.
- March 2011: How Consumers Give Feedback
- Survey of 6,000 US consumers shows what they do after a very good or a very bad experience. Also in this are results from phone self-service experience evaluation of 5 large banks and 5 large retailers. Target came out on top.
- February 2011: 6 Levels Of Proactive Support
- Pro-activity is a spectrum; so we defined 6 levels form "Ignore" to "Avoid." We highlight new research that evaluates online gift card buying (Outback and Radio Shack lead, Safeway and Chili's lag). Also read about staffing levels for voice of the customer (VoC) programs.
- January 2011: 10 Customer Experience Resolutions For 2011
- Read about the 10 customer experience resolutions that starts with "We shall not treat all customers equally" and ends with "We shall take another step in 2011." This edition also highlights new research from a survey of 170 large companies called "Customer Experience Accelerates in 2011" and another report "Online Store Locators Miss A Key Part Of The Experience" that evaluates the Web experience of 5 large banks and 5 large retailers. Wells Fargo ended up on top and Target ended up on the bottom.
- December 2010: Trends To Watch In 2011+
- Read about the 8 megatrends that will affect customer experience efforts over many years and the changes you can expect to see in 2011.
- November 2010: Planning For 2011
- Provides guidance for putting together your 2011 customer experience plans in 3 areas: (1) Identify overall strengths and weaknesses; (2) Build a strong(er) VoC programs; and (3) Remember to focus on business results.
- October 2010: Mastering Voice Of The Customer
- Highlights new research called "Assessing The Maturity Of Your Voice Of The Customer Program" which includes an assessment tool and data from 199 firms that completed the assessment. It also discusses a popular blog post: Top 10 Customer Experience Incompetencies.
- September 2010: Profiling Customer Experience Leaders
- Highlights new research called "Profiling Customer Experience Leaders" which examines survey data across 140 companies. This edition also looks at a social media problem called "Social Schizophrenia" and the Temkin Group's SLICE-B model for evaluating experiences.
- August 2010: Competencies & ROI
- Highlights blog series about the ROI of customer experience and data about how far companies have gone in mastering four customer experience competencies. Also discusses upcoming workshop for customer experience leaders in September in Boston.
- July 2010: The Current State Of Customer Experience
- Highlights The 4 Customer Experience Competencies which is a critical concept to understand along with The Current State Of Customer Experience which looks at data from more than 140 large North America companies. It also introduces new concepts called the "engagement phase" and the point of value" which are missing in traditional marketing funnels.
- June 2010: 8 Customer Experience Megatrends
- Highlights 8 Customer Experience Megatrends along with some interesting posts about JetBlue and voice of the customer maturity.