Oh...it is coming!
Metron 7.0 ...
the same and better!
This new Metron is the same on the surface. It continues to work just as you like it. Underneath we are adding some new technologies that help to make your diagnostic image even more diagnostic.
Also with Metron 7.0, we are adding more DICOM features. Need Metron to be a PACS? In this new Metron, you will have access to many of the most important PACS features.
Metron will have coverage for more species; histogram trimming will be available to
the user as an image tuning tool, improved Auto-Crop and Multi-View. And Metron has now incorporated a new Exposure Index based on the new international standard IEC-624941-1 and helps imaging technicians obtain proper exposure.
Metron 7.0 - In with the new! Coming soon!
|Metron 2012 | The Year in Review|
Looking back, moving forward....
We are excited about all the activity over the last year. Here is a sampling of the 2012 Metron newsletters. For the entire archive of newsletter articles from this collection and all other previous publications, please visit the news section of the Metron Support Services website.
Read more about your colleagues' Metron stories
- January - Dr. Scott Marx, Advanced Equine Dentistry
- March - Dr. Jacob Mecham - Equine Ambulatory Services Department at OSU
- April - Dr. Robert Barratt - Salem Valley Veterinary Clinic
- November - Dr. Matt Schaefer - Dairyland Veterinary Services
- December - Dr. Michael Johnson - Willowbend Animal Hospital
It is all about the image
- December/January - V6.08 released
- February - An image is worth a thousand words
- May - Technique Charts...and what is kVp and mAs?
- June - V6.11 released
- August - Measurements in Radiographs
Support Services Highlights
Some of the topics the team reviewed
- March - Communications and Integration
- April - Technique Charts - Practice Personalized!
- June - Creating a Dental Cleaning Exam Report
- July - Using the "Send E-Mail" feature in Metron
- September - Producing the "Diagnostic" Image
- October - Use Collections to comparatively view images from multiple studies
Have you backed up today?
Your computer, that is.
Yes, I did it too.....
The guy that writes to you regularly about backups... yes me. I broke my own rule - backup every day. I made it really easy, just plug in the external hard disk cable and it does the rest.
Only requirement - plug in the cable.
Saturday morning I started my day with big work plans and the important tool - my computer. Instead, the ticking noise and locked up Windows screen turned into time on the phone with Dell-India and a screw driver to my laptop. With additional tech tricks I fully analyzed the scope of my troubles. The laptop hard disk was very dead. I did not have a backup since two weeks prior and I had some important files that I needed next to figure out how to recreate or recover off of other computers and emails.
Needless to say I was not happy with me and the rest of the world.
In addition to other precautions I am implementing for my own sanity, I am adding our "Cloud Backup" to my own computer. Now I need not even plug it in. Hmm... How else can I protect myself from me and all of these gadgets we live with?
Did someone say "New Year's Resolution?"
To thank you for helping....
A limited December renewal campaign generated a nice donation to a national animal relief fund...a fund designed to assist so many animals but also those who may have needed some extra loving and assistance due to Hurricane Sandy.
The team at Metron Support Services is proud to support you and others!
|You are receiving this newsletter as a part of your Metron Support Services Subscription. We encourage you to continue receiving the subscription. If you would like to receive this at an additional email address, simply click "Join our Mailing List" above. If you would like to have it sent to a different email address, please send an email to us at email@example.com.