Take 5 to Energize!
"Mini Break" Ideas to KeepYour Energy High
Have 5 Minutes?
· Enjoy a glass of fresh, cold water with lemon
· Do 5 Sets of 5 Jumping Jacks
· Find humor in your situation, and laugh out loud!
· Send a note of appreciation to someone you love
· Breathe slowly and deeply
· Read your favorite magazine
· Eat a high fiber snack (prunes anyone?)
· Write down everything you're grateful for
· Jump rope for 5 minutes, taking short breaks
· Close your eyes and picture your happy place
· Make a cup of soothing hot tea
· Do gentle, relaxing stretches
· Call or Email a friend
· Tell someone you love them
· Look at travel brochures and plan a getaway
· Crank up your favorite tunes and sing loud
· Make a date with a friend or loved one
· Read your favorite book of positive quotes
· Walk around the block or your office
· Write in your journal
· Lay down on a yoga mat
· Paint your nails a fun new color
Have a little longer?
· Take a Nap
· Light a candle and meditate
· Tend your garden
· Walk your dog
· Take a Bubble Bath
· Walk at the arboretum or park
· Play silly games with your kids
· Get lost in Barnes and Nobles
· Listen to inspiring seminar or book on tape
· Savor a cup of coffee at your favorite cafe'