T H E A R C H I V E S
Sharp & to the Point, A Shameless Shill for Hock Tools
Thank you for checking out the Archives for Sharp & to The Point, the Hock Tools' newsletter.
It's easy to connect Hock Tools to your world. You can subscribe to Sharp & to The Point by clicking Join Our Mailing List below the Archives here.
We also keep a subscription link on our website, hocktools.com, and on my Sharpening Blog at hocktools.wordpress.com.
Please understand that discounts, coupons, or offers you might see in archived newsletters are probably no longer active. If you are uncertain, feel free to e-mail your query to Linda at email@example.com.
Once again, thank you for your interest in Hock Tools.
|Sharp & to the Point Archives for 2016
- Retail #7-2016
- Including - In-the-Spotlight: On Your Mark: About Marking Knives; Happy Toolidays: Your List of 75 Hock Tools $50 or Less.
- Retail #6-2016
- Including - Q&A: Will a Hock Blade Fit a Lie-Nielsen Plane?'; Advancing Handtools: 6 More Schools that Teach You how to Make Your Own Wooden Handplane; Photo Album: Dan Kratville's Chef's Knife Odyssey.
- Retail #5-2016
- Including - In-the-Spotlight: Scraper Planes You Want to Know, Use & Love; Advancing Handtools: Isaac Fisher's Wooden Scraper Plane Beats the Curl; We're Going to WIA 9-16-18, 2016.
- Retail #4/2016
- Including - Q&A: Ron Answers a Question about a Clogged Bench Plane; Advancing Handtools: A Sampling of What's Out There: 7 Schools that Teach You Plane Making; Hock Tools Photo Album: Ward Shrake's Hot Rod of a Block Plane - Validating Hobbies & a Love of Handtools
- Retail #3/2016
- Including --In-the-Spotlight: Make a Chef's Knife in Time for Mother's or Father's Day; Advancing Handtools: Ann Briggs Bohnett's second article in F&C Magazine features Hock Tools.
- Retail #2-2016
- Including - Shout-Out: Will the Real Iron Man Please Step Forward? by Anne Briggs Bohnett; In-the-Spotlight: Subscribing to a British Woodworking Magazine is Easier than you Think.
- Retail #1-2016
- Including - People Profile: Have You Heard About the Minimalist Woodworker? Vic Tesolin is just that and wrote a book about it, too!; Shout-Out: Let's Get Woodworking 2016!; In-the-Spotlight: Don't Forget to Order Your Hock Tools Apron.
|Sharp & to the Point Archives for 2015
- Retail #7/2015 (11/24/2015)
- Including--New: Hock Tools Shop Aprons; Advancing Handtools: Your Happy Toolidays List of 75 Hock Tools $50 or Less; Photo Album: Scott Seganti Tells the Story of His Special Marking Knife; In-the-Spotlight: Some May Call them Utility Knives, We Call them Carving, Marking & Violin Knives.
- Retail #6/2015 (10/15/2015)
- Including--Advancing Handtools: The European Woodworking Show 2015; Q&A: Epoxy Kits; How2: Glue in a Wear Strip; Shout-Out: The Krenov Foundation's Two Big Awards
- Retail #5, 2015 (7/9/2015)
- Including--Advancing Handtools: What You Don't Know About Spokeshaves; In-the-Spotlight: Hock Tools Spokeshave Kits; Photo Album: Vincent Lavarenne's Self-Made Spokeshave; and as promised, More On Sharpening Kitchen Knives.
- Retail #4/2015 (5/12/2015)
- Blades that are Sharp, Sharper, Sharpest. Including--Advancing Handtools: Sharpening Kitchen Knives; Hock Tools Photo Album: Mark Ketelsen's Go-to Smoother.
- Retail #3/2015 (3/12/2015)
- Including--In-the-Spotlight: Two New Knife Kits from Hock Tools Available Now!; Photo Album: Keep it Simple-Russ Grimm's Smoother & Scrub; Shout-Out: Million and Clark Make Knives for You
- Retail #2/2015 (2/18/2015)
- Including--Advancing Handtools: 12 Tips on Using a Shoulder Plane; Shout-Out: Get Woodworking Week 2015
|Sharp & to the Point Archives for 2014
- Retail #7-2014 (11/14/2014)
- Including--Advancing Handtools: 75 Hock Tools Priced $50 or Less; Hock Tools Photo Album: Mike Forsey's Adventures in Wooden Handplanes; Shout-Out: Glen-Drake Toolworks New Website
- Retail #6 - 2014 (9/27/2014)
- Including--Advancing Handtools: The Proud & Unplugged, Your Small, Independent Woodworking Handtool Makers; Hock Tools Photo Album: Our Adventures at WIA 2014
- Retail #5/2014 (7/29/2014)
- Including--Advancing Handtools: Up Close & Sharp- What Microscopy Tells You About Getting Your Sharp On; In-the-Spotlight: You're Smart to Plan for Knife Kit Gifts
- Retail #4 / 2014 (6/24/2014)
- Including--Q&A:Tips for Making Your Own Planes; Photo Album:Bill Burton and Ken Schaible Own It!
- Retail #3/2014 (5/13/2014)
- Including--Advancing Handtools: Sharpening Marking Knives; In-the-Spotlight: Hock Tools' Small Blades
- Retail #2/2014 (3/20/2014)
- Including--Guest Contributor Scott Meek: Holy Crap, I'm a Plane Maker!; Hock Tools Photo Album: Bill Heidt's and Tom Buhl's Completed Knife Kits.
- Retail #1/2014 (1/9/2014)
- Including--People Profile: Ejler Hjorth-Westh, a 5,000 Year Old Man; In-the-Spotlight; Bench Plane Blades & Cap Iron Sets; Advancing Handtools; Plane Iron Geometry
Sharp & to the Point Archives for 2013|
- Retail #10/2013 (12/9/2013)
- A simple season's greeting -- what we call Hypeless Holidays. Thank you!
- Retail #9/2013 (11/25/2013)
- Including -- Q&A: How Do I Get Started with a Scratch Stock?; Photo Album: A Slice from Woodworking in America 2013 w/ 2013 Portrait of Proud & Unplugged
- Retail #8/2013 (10/11/2013)
- Including -- In-the-Spotlight: Introducing New Kitchen Knife Kits; Advancing Handtools: Sharpening with a Steel
- #7/2013 (9/16/2013)
- Including -- Q&A: Help Flattening the Big Dog, a Stanley #8; Advancing Handtools: How Flat is Flat Enough; Photo Album: Our 1st Retirement
- #6/2013 (8/8/2013)
- Including -- People Profiles: Modern Woodworkers Association; Photo Album: Steve Bunck's Irristible Desire; Shout-Out: Woodworking in America 2013
- #5/2013 (7/12/2013)
- Including -- Q&A: Radius Planes and Convex Shapes; Advancing Handtools: Sharpening Metal Spokeshaves; In-the-Spotlight: Hock Tools Spokeshave Kits and Spokeshave Blades with link to Mike Morton video on building a Hock Tools Spokeshave Kit
- #4/2013 (6/7/2013)
- Including -- Guest Contributor: Dave Jeske of Blue Spruce Toolworks; Advancing Handtools: Sharpening Chisels; Photo Album: Tim Endsley, and The Large Elf, aka Tom Winner
- Q&A Edition #1/2013 (4/25/2013)
- Including -- Q&A: Cambering Corners of Blades; Advancing Handtools: Severing Wood Fibers; In-The-Spotlight: Radius-Edged Plane Assemblies
- #3/2013 (3/29/2013)
- Including -- Isaac Fisher: Shaping Planes to Fit, an Interview and Video; Photo Album: Hermie Tolerba's Plane Trilogy
- #2/2013 (3/14/2013)
- Including -- A thank you for helping us win a 2012 Constant Contact All Star Award for Sharp & to the Point, the Hock Tools newsletter. We couldn't have done it without you!
- #1/2013 (2/1/2013)
- Including -- Interview with Joe Novack: Not Your Average Woodshop Teacher; Photo Album: Woodworker & Toolmaker Julio Alonzo Diaz & his Flamingo Marking Knife; In-the-Spotlight: The Hock Tools Small Block Plane
Sharp & to the Point Archives for 2012|
- #6/2012 (11/28/2012)
- Including -- Tooliday Greetings; People Profile on Michael Scott Morton: One of Woodworking's Total Participants (with video); Hock Tools Holiday Sampler and link to 50 Hock Tools Under $35
- #5/2012 (10/3/2012)
- Including -- More Blood & Gore: An Interview with Patrick Leach; Photo Album: Juan Jovey Falls Down the Rabbit Hole into the Wonderland of Infill Planes; Guest Contributor: Kenneth Speed: Father of Gizmozilla & DIY Strong
- #4/2012 (8/6/2012)
- Including -- Interview with Laura Mays: +Evolutionary, -Revolutionary; Photo Album: Cool Plane Making, Cool Plane Makers; A Bit about Block Plane Blades
- #3/2012 (4/18/2013)
- Including -- Interview with Joel Moskowitz; Tools for Working Wood & Gramercy Tools; Photo Album: John Cullen's Two Wooden Planes; The Handtool Continuum: Planes Across America: History Repeats Itself in a Good Way;
- #2/2012 (3/26/2012)
- Including -- Interview with Chris Schwarz; Photo Album: Handmade Tools for Handmade Work; Guest Contributor: Raney Nelson of Daed Toolworks
- #1/2012 (1/30/2012)
- Including -- Article about John Bogdanovich, Guitar Maker; Photo Album: Joe Ulman's Own Tools; Guest Contributor: Kevin Drake of Glen-Drake Toolworks; Get Woodworking Week 2012
Sharp & to the Point Archives for 2011|
- #6/2011 (12/4/2011)
- Includes -- Holiday Greeting; 45 Hock Tools Under $35; Three Great Gift Recommendations
- #5/2011 (11/15/2011)
- Includes -- Interview with Craig Vandall Stevens; Photo Album: Chester Barbasa's Own Tool Set Made with Hock Tools; The Proud & Unplugged at WIA 2011
- #4/2011 (9/19/2011)
- Includes -- Article on J.D. Wagner Rods; Photo Album: George Beck's Planes
- #3/2011 (8/3/2011)
- Includes -- Article on Woodworking in America; Photo Album: Greg Blake's Planes; Join the Proud & Unplugged
- #2/2011 (5/20/2011)
- Includes -- Q&A: What is the Difference Between 01 and A2 Tool Steels?; Photo Album: At the Crucible; Article on Ken Nieswender; Why We Love Hobbyists.
- #1/2011 (2/21/2011)
- Includes -- Article on Can-Do-Kits; Blogger Al Navas; Keep 'Em on the Road, Er, the Bench.