|Steps 2 Peace Email Archives Homepage|
This page will link you to emails sent out by Roberta Wall and Steps2peace with articles, musings and writings about various topics relating to Roberta's understanding and practice of Nonviolent Communication, Mindfulness, Judaism and Transformation.
- Registration for NVC Jerusalem Class and Retreat at Eco Me (3/12/2011)
- This archive shows samples of classes and retreats offered by Roberta Wall and friends in Israel and the West Bank.
- NVC in Arava and Eco ME (3/30/2011)
- This archive includes a description of roles plays at checkpoints and settlements in the West Bank.
- NVC with Teachers in East Jerusalem (3/3/2011)
- NVC in Jerusalem (2/23/2011)
- Meeting Needs on Both Sides of the Wall (2/14/2011)
- NVC on the West Bank (1/30/2011)
- Are you For Israel or Palestine? (1/21/2011)
- Update Blog fromIsrael/Palestine (1/15/2011)
- Together We Support Peace and Connection in the Mideast January 4, 2010 (1/4/2011)
- Dec 22 2010 (12/22/2010)
- Parenting and Power (11/30/2010)
- A few weeks ago I participated in a training for trainers led by Miki Kashtan, co- founder of Bay NVC. One theme we explored was power- what does Nonviolent Communication offer to support trust and connection between the ones who have the resources to exercise power over others, and the ones over whom power is exercised, such as parents over children? On a larger scale, what does the NVC understanding of power offer in conflict situations and toward transformation of existing power structures?
- Finding Freedom and Connection at the Family Table (11/8/2010)
- Fill in 100 blanks that trigger you into a place where you are overcome by strong energies and feelings that can lead you to speak or act in ways that aren't in harmony with what you really want- satisfying connection, ease, acceptance. Love... . You become aware that you are sitting in a familiar place- feeling lonely, uncomfortable, a tight knot in your body, chest, throat, shoulder. You're going to cry or explode. Maybe you already did cry or explode. Maybe you really want to cry or explode and are holding back.
The way out- Self Connection
Notice Bodily Sensations-Make your body your first Ally in Your Self inquiry
- The Energy of Words (10/25/2010)
- The purpose of language is to bring our inner world- our experience, insight and inner life - out into the world. The words we use, the very choice of words, the tone, speed, volume- this is how our inner life is carried out into the world. Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is about using words that carry with them the energy we want to bring into the world. When we speak words, what is our intention? What is it that we want our words to convey, to contribute, to put out, into our family, community and world? What are the values and needs that we want our words to bring alive in the moment?
- Freedom From Drudgery (10/9/2010)
- Imagine a day without drudgery, no longer doing things because I have to; no longer telling myself I feel unappreciated manipulated used or ignored. With the inner work of Nonviolent Communication (NVC), which I am digging deeply into this week in Oregon with Robert Gonzales, we are learning and practicing orienting ourselves toward beauty in every moment- toward the beauty of needs; the needs I am choosing to meet in this moment. Needs for companionship, community, beauty, creativity. Needs for presence and love and compassion. They are all here, all energies for me to tap into in every moment, I can follow every thread of anger, despair and blame back to the beauty of a need- in those cases, the need itself is the yearning for action and words that are in harmony with what I am yearning for.
- Forgiveness, NVC and Yom Kippur (9/25/2010)
- Parenting Adult Children (9/14/2010)
- Conscious Parenting (8/18/2010)
- What is Empathy? (8/4/2010)
- How NVC Works with the Shadow (7/21/2010)
- Judaism, Mindfulness and NVC (7/9/2010)
- Caregiving our Elderly Parents (6/8/2010)
- Connect before you Correct and Empathy Before Education allow me to encounter my mother with intimacy, care and love in the most vulnerable and scary moments
- NVC and Caregiving; Empathy and Caregiving (5/11/2010)
- NVC in Jerusalem and Bethlehem (4/26/2010)
- Marshall Rosenberg on Empathy (11/12/2009)
- Compassionate Parenting (10/30/2009)
- Thich Nhat Hanh and NVC (10/10/2009)
- Self Empathy (9/3/2009)
- Healing Money Wounds (8/16/2009)
Steps 2 Peace
48 Blue Mountain Mnr
Saugerties, New York 12477