for the latest media releases about current exhibitions and events at the Racine Art Museum.
For more press information, please call RAM's Marketing Department at
- RAM Debuts Four Glass Sculptures (7/14/2014)
- The Racine Art Museum (RAM) is pleased to debut a grouping of four glass sculptures created in the 1980s and 1990s by Dale Chihuly, Harvey K. Littleton, and Joel Philip Myers.
- Racine Art Museum To Host Performance Typist (7/10/2014)
- RAM welcomes Anja Notanja Sieger to the museum. Sieger, a one-woman typewriter performance writing service that composes letters or "Prosettes" on behalf of her audience.
- RAM Presents In-Depth: Jeweler and Metalsmith Robert W. Ebendorf (7/7/2014)
- This exhibition presents an in-depth look at this innovative and influential contemporary metalsmith.
- Racine Art Museum Association (RAMA) Announces New Board Members and Officers (6/17/2014)
- he membership elected a slate of four new candidates for the museum's Board of Directors for initial three-year terms and two members returning for second three-year terms.
- RAM's Wustum Museum Has Some Pretty Interesting Characters Inside (6/5/2014)
- Exhibition features contemporary works in two dimensions that depict compelling characters and engaging stories.
- The Art of Story Telling: Once Upon A Time (5/16/2014)
- This exhibition features artists that use a variety of media and techniques to craft stories about the human condition.
- Plein Air Event in RAM's Wustum Gardens (5/15/2014)
- Sponsored in part by an ArtSeed grant from the Racine Arts Council, this free community celebration welcomes artists to paint and/or draw in the beautiful gardens at RAM's Wustum Museum of Fine Arts.
- Call For Artists: Racine and Vicinity Show - An All Media Exhibition (5/13/2014)
- Entry Deadline: Saturday, June 28
The Racine Art Museum announces a call for artists to submit work for the Racine and Vicinity Show: An All Media Juried Competition held at RAM's Wustum Museum of Fine Arts.
- Famous Chicago Sculptures Move to Racine, Wisconsin (5/12/2014)
- The Racine Art Museum (RAM) announces the debut display of six steel sculptures by Chicago artist John Kearney.
- Museum Director Celebrates 40th Anniversary (5/2/2014)
- The Racine Art Museum (RAM) in Racine, Wisconsin recently marked the 40th anniversary of Bruce W. Pepich as its Executive Director and Curator of Collections.
- Call for Artists: Enter RAM's Community Art Exhibition (4/25/2014)
- The Racine Art Museum, together with its education campus, RAM's Wustum Museum of Fine Arts, will showcase the talents of the community.
- Racine Art Museum Store Showcases Regional Studio Potters (3/18/2014)
- Organized by the Racine Art Museum Store, Mud: Handmade in the Midwest showcases a selection of works created by ceramists who reside in the upper Midwest region.
- Go Behind-the-Scenes with Artist Sergei Isupov (2/24/2014)
- This members' event, which includes light refreshments, a cash bar, and a booksigning starting at 7:00 pm, is also open to the public with general admission of $10. RAM Members and National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts (NCECA) attendees wearing badges receive complimentary admission.
- Racine Art Museum Debuts Prints by Ceramicist Frank Boyden (2/20/2014)
- This gift of nearly 30 of Boyden's prints and folios from the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s depict fish, animals, and insects-which are also frequent subjects in his ceramic work.
- Do Some Art Hopping at Local Racine Businesses (2/10/2014)
- RAM's Wustum Museum of Fine Arts is excited to announce a new program that brings opportunities to make art inside downtown Racine businesses, including envi Ultra Lounge, Uncorkt, and Dewey's Restaurant and Sports Bar. Art Hopping combines cocktails with a little nosh and a whole lot of creativity!
- Racine Art Museum Looks at the Appeal of Lustre (2/3/2014)
- This exhibition features the work of contemporary artists who utilize shiny materials, such as lustre glazes and gold, in combination with more earthy media, like clay.
- The Racine Art Museum's 5th Annual International PEEPS® Art Competition (1/24/2014)
- RAM's Fifth Annual International PEEPS® Art Competition will be accepting entries from artists of all ages to participate in the only museum competition of this kind in the world.
- Racine Art Museum Showcases its Holdings in Contemporary Clay (1/20/2014)
- This large-scale group exhibition emphasizes the depth and richness of the museum's holdings in contemporary sculptural and functional clay.
- Racine Art Museum to Host Free Opening Reception (1/15/2014)
- Racine Art Museum is excited to partner with UW-Parkside, ART Milwaukee/Newaukee, Plaid Tuba, and Hanson Dodge for a special evening event.
- Watercolor Wisconsin 2013 Prize Winners Announced (1/14/2014)
- During the opening reception Bruce W. Pepich, RAM Executive Director and Curator of Collections, hosted the awards presentation to honor the most accomplished artists in this exhibition.
- Racine Art Museum Presents In-Depth: Sergei Isupov (1/10/2014)
- Featuring over 20 works in both two and three
dimensions, this exhibition offers a rich visual catalogue of what Isupov has produced
- Racine Art Museum's Wustum Museum Campus Hosts 47th Year of Watercolor Wisconsin (12/5/2013)
- Featuring 125 pieces by 95 artists from communities in all corners of Wisconsin, this year's show will be on view at RAM's Wustum Museum through April 26, 2014.
- Mathis Gallery Tree is Back Up for the Holidays (11/22/2013)
- Racine Art Museum (RAM) is pleased to present what was once called "the most beautifully decorated tree in Racine." The tree includes ornaments from a variety of time periods and subjects--all from the late gallerist and arts supporter, Emile H. Mathis II's collection.
- Free Concert to Support Racine Art Museum (11/8/2013)
- Racine Art Museum is delighted to host a free live concert by the band Nineteen Thirteen, which includes Racine native Victor DeLorenzo, founding member of the Violent Femmes.
- You Picked It! (10/24/2013)
- This exhibition combines the top vote-getters with work that is new to the collection as selected by RAM curatorial staff.
- RAM Debuts Collection Pieces by One of Wisconsin's Most Significant Artist (9/5/2013)
- This exhibition combines over 30 works from the permanent collection, many recently gifted by Karen Johnson Boyd, with works on loan from other significant area collectors and private institutions, including Dr. and Mrs. Peter Gardetto and the Milwaukee Art Museum.
- RAM Presents In-Depth: Ken Loeber (9/4/2013)
- Spanning nearly five decades, RAM's holdings chart the dynamism of Loeber's varied output.
- It Takes a Community (8/28/2013)
- This is the latest in a long line of illuminating exhibitions at Wustum that focus on artists in the region and their relationship to the seminal art institutions of Racine Art Museum and Wustum.
- RAM Artist Fellowship Inaugural ExhibitionPresented by Osborne and Scekic Family Foundation (8/24/2013)
- This exhibition is a series of solo shows featuring the work of four Racine and Kenosha area artists - Jerrold Belland, Doug DeVinny, Kimberly Greene, and Kathleen Laybourn - representing a diverse range of styles and media.
- Racine Art Museum Gearing Up for Harley-Davidson's 110th Anniversary (8/15/2013)
- In honor of this year's Harley-Davidson's 110th Anniversary Celebration, RAM presents over 15 portraits captured by Michael Pry, now in the collection of the Racine Art Museum.
- Discover Compelling Stories in Racine Art Museum's Windows on Fifth Gallery (8/2/2013)
- The Racine Art Museum commissioned Wisconsin artist Martha Glowacki to create a new exhibition for its Windows on Fifth Gallery.
- RAM's Wustum Museum Showcases an Important Moment in Racine Art Museum History (6/18/2013)
- Floor plans, photographs, blue prints, a building model, and ephemera show the process that led up to the museum's grand opening 10 years ago.
- Visitors are Invited to Racine Art Museum to Choose Their Top 10 (5/28/2013)
- RAM is encouraging the public to decide which works from the permanent collection they find most inspiring, interesting, and compelling.
- Racine Art Museum Looks at History Through A Contemporary Lens (5/2/2013)
- This exhibition is a large-scale exhibition that offers a context for exploring what we value today and why.
- Racine Art Museum Celebrates a Decade in Downtown Racine (4/23/2013)
- Since 2003, the museum has worked steadily to create a cultural center in the heart of the Racine Community, while serving the national fine arts field through its exhibitions and permanent collection of contemporary crafts.
- Bigger and Better Than Ever! (4/1/2013)
- Within the pristine white walls of the Racine Art Museum, an untraditional exhibition is open through April 14 showcasing fluffy, sugar-coated marshmallow PEEPS®.
- Racine Art Museum Debuts Jun Kaneko Sculpture (3/8/2013)
- The Racine Art Museum (RAM) is pleased to debut Jun Kaneko's Untitled Dango #11-09-02, which will remain on display until Sunday, May 5.
- Racine Art Museum Acquires Rudy Autio Sculpture (2/28/2013)
- The Racine Art Museum (RAM) is pleased to announce Rudy Autio's sculpture Cadenza has just entered the museum's collection.
- It's Back! The Racine Art Museum's Fourth Annual International PEEPS® Competition (2/15/2013)
- RAM is now accepting entries from artists of all ages to participate in the only museum competition of this kind in the world.
- The Racine Art Museum Explores the Use of Black and White (2/13/2013)
- This show offers a selection that includes established artists, who RAM has collected in depth, as well as emerging talents of the ceramic sculpture scene.
- The Racine Art Museum in Black and White (2/11/2013)
- The works in this exhibition rely primarily on a palette of black and white.
- RAM Features Artist Barbara Sorensen (2/6/2013)
- Barbara Sorensen, who made her name with ceramic sculpture, has extended her interest in the natural landscape by expanding her material base and aesthetic composition.
- RAM Features Artist Karen Gunderson (2/6/2013)
- This exhibition showcases all-black, large-scale paintings of constellations, moons, mountains, and water that seem to shimmer and change depending on the angle from which they are viewed, encouraging viewers to look at nature in a different way.
- Watercolor Wisconsin 2012 Winners Announced (12/12/2012)
- RAM's Wustum Museum of Fine Arts Hosts 46th Year of Watercolor Wisconsin (12/5/2012)
- As one of the museum's most popular annual shows, this exhibition brings together the works of artists from throughout the state.
- Art Jewelry Meets Glass: Contemporary Artists Create Cutting Edge Glass Jewelry (10/29/2012)
- Organized by RAM Curator of Exhibitions, Lena Vigna, this show highlights work by artists from around the world who utilize a variety of techniques-from glass blowing to casting to beadwork-in the creation of jewelry.
- The Racine Art Museum Debuts Ruth Duckworth's Sculpture (10/24/2012)
- The Racine Art Museum (RAM) is pleased to debut Ruth Duckworth's sculpture Untitled, 1999, which has just entered the museum's collection.
- RAM Presents In-Depth: Rosita Johanson (10/19/2012)
- This Collections Focus series solo exhibition at the Racine Art Museum offers 20 works created in the 1990s and early 2000s that together form an archive of Johanson's working methods and her subject matter over a prolonged period of time.
- Creators Explore Irish Novelist and Poet James Joyce (10/19/2012)
- This exhibition includes portraits of Joyce as well as reflections on the content and the characters in his works.
- RAM Debuts Fiber Gifts in a Big Way (9/24/2012)
- This exhibition transforms RAM's largest gallery space with larger than life-size sculptures by significant contemporary fiber artists.
- Pepich Elected as a 2012 Honorary Fellow by the American Craft Council (ACC). (9/21/2012)
- The prestigious American Craft Council Awards recognize individuals and organizations for excellence in craftsmanship and significant contributions to the field of contemporary American craft.
- RAM's Wustum Museum Hosts Wisconsin Photography 2012 (9/12/2012)
- Featuring 118 pieces by 50 Wisconsin photographers and video artists, this year's show will be on view at RAM's Wustum Museum through November 24, 2012.
- RAM Debuts New Glass Gifted to Contemporary Craft Collection (8/17/2012)
- The Racine Art Museum (RAM) announces the first of two shows focusing on artwork created in the glass medium for 2012.
- The Racine Art Museum Debuts Cristina Cordova's Sculpture (8/1/2012)
- The museum is delighted to debut this new acquisition, honoring Karen Johnson Boyd's wishes to share this work with its guests.
- Go Behind-the-Scenes with Artist Christine Lee (7/16/2012)
- The Racine Art Museum has commissioned artist Christine Lee to create the next installation in RAM's Window on Fifth Gallery.
- Contemporary Artists Reflect on Both Animal and Human Nature (6/12/2012)
- Whether using jewelry, cut paper, blown glass, or other materials, these artists create engaging works that reflect on both animal and human nature.
- This Summer, Go On an Art Safari in RAM's Menagerie (6/11/2012)
- Selected artworks from the Racine Art Museum's permanent craft collection that respond to the wonder, mystery, and presence of the natural world by incorporating animals into their artistic explorations as subject, pattern, decoration, and symbol.
- Catch the Menagerie on Exhibit at RAM's Wustum Museum (5/30/2012)
- This exhibition highlights a collection of animals by community artists safely held captive for all to view.
- RAM Hosts Beth Van Hoesen: The Observant Eye (5/14/2012)
- Unique to RAM, this show combines pieces on loan with recent gifts to the museum that support the development of an archive of Van Hoesen prints, color proofs, preparatory studies, and copper plate.
- The Coveted 2013 PEEPles Choice Award Announced (5/3/2012)
- Visitors to RAM enjoyed a riot of electric pastels and a chance to cast their vote for their favorite creative PEEPS® pieces.
- The Racine Art Museum Announces 2012 Artist Fellowship Winners (3/20/2012)
- Sponsored by a grant from the Osborne and Scekic Family Foundation, the RAM Artist Fellowship Program aims to showcase the diversity and vitality of the Racine/Kenosha visual arts community by supporting the professional development of this region's artists.
- The Racine Art Museum Explores the Comforting Feeling of Wood (3/2/2012)
- This exhibition features the work of emerging and established artists that use wood as the primary medium for creating jewelry and adornment.
- The Racine Art Museum Unveils New Gifts of Handmade Furniture (2/16/2012)
- The museum celebrates the arrival of recent gifts of handmade furniture.
- A Chosen Path: The Ceramic Art of Karen Karnes at the Racine Art Museum (1/4/2012)
- RAM is one of five museums nationwide to host the first major retrospective of ceramic artist Karen Karnes.
- Prize Winners Selected as Watercolor Wisconsin 2011 Marks 45th Year (1/2/2012)
- As one of the museum's most popular annual shows, this exhibition brings together the works of artists from throughout the state.
Racine Art Museum – R|A|M
441 Main Street
Racine, Wisconsin 53401–0187