|ENGAGE e-Newsletter Archive|
NYS Commissioners Working Across Systems Together with Youth and Families
The Commissioners of New York's health, education and human services agencies, embrace the concept that family engagement, support and youth voice play essential roles in developing the social and emotional learning, health and well-being of children.
- ENGAGE e-Blast - New Justice Center, Updates from State Ed, Upcoming Webinars and more (8/5/2013)
- New Justice Center Opens, Updates from SED, OMH/OASAS notice to public hearing on their joint comprehensive plans, upcoming KWIC and Parent to Parents Webinars, NYS Success in Chautauqua County and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - Governor's Appointments, Upcoming Kinship Care Events, Camp Get-A-Way and more! (7/19/2013)
- Governor Cuomo Announces Appointments to Deputy Secretary for Health and Commissioners of OMH and OPWDD, Kinship Care Events, information about Camp Get-A-Way, updates from SED, Americans with Disabilities Database, SAMHSA Webinar and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - YOUTH POWER! Red Carpet Events, Summer Food Rocks!, New Tools for Children with Incarcerated Parents and More! (7/9/2013)
- YOUTH POWER! announces red carpet youth forum events, Sesame Street's new resource for children with incarcerated parents, Grantmakers' article on raising adult children and grandchildren with disabilities, Summer Food Rocks! program and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - Family Enrichment Presentation, Upcoming Webinar and more! (6/28/2013)
- ECAC Family Enrichement Presentation, SAMHSA releases comic book on substance abuse recovery, upcoming KWIC webinar and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - AECF 2013 KIDS COUNT Data Book Released, Medicaid Reform Twitter Chat, and more! (6/24/2013)
- Justice Center Webinar announced, Annie E. Casey National Data Book and Redesigned Data Center released, DOH hosts Twitter chat and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - State Education Seeks Public Comment, New Nonprofit Disclosure rules and more! (6/21/2013)
- State Education seeks comment about amendments to "People with Special Needs Act", feedback requested on new NYS Quality Strategy, NYS adopts new disclosure rules for nonprofits and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - Upcoming Webinars, Summer Food Program and more... (6/12/2013)
- Upcoming KWIC Using Data to Describe your Community Webinar, CMS Early Detection of Mental Health Webinar, new Federal Mental Health website, fatherhood course, summer food program and more!
- ENGAGE - Issue 12 (9/12/2012)
- This ENGAGE newsletter contains information about: Families Together in New York State's annual conference, U.S. Department of Health reform law, U.S. Office of Minority Health integrated care update, a QUALITYstarsNY update and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - Olmstead Plan, National Recovery Month and More! (8/23/2012)
- Olmstead releases new website, U.S. Department of Education releases new restraint and disclosure resource, SAMHSA provides tools for National Recovery month and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - KWIC Webinar, Race to the Top... (8/15/2012)
- KWIC Come Map with Me! Webinar and Department of Education announces "Race to the Top' grant competition.
- ENGAGE e-Blast - NY Sibling Survey, 2014 Health Care and More! (8/9/2012)
- MRT Medicaid waiver announcement, Sibling Survey, OMH funing announcement, 2014 health care poster and more!
- ENGAGE E-Blast - OPWDD Commissioner Notes Progress, Grant Opportunities, KWIC Webinar ... (8/1/2012)
- OPWDD progress updates, grant resources, collaborating for foster youth, KWIC Webinar and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - KWIC Webinar, Health Care Law, Women in Govt. and More! (7/23/2012)
- KWIC Come Map with Me! Webinar, HHS Partnership Webinar in Spanish, 2013 Fellowship Recommendations, information on Medicaid Eligibility Expansion and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - KWIC Webinar, Radio Interview, OPWDD... (7/18/2012)
- Learn more about the KWIC custom regions feature, listen to an informative kinship radio interview, discover the new MRT updates and more!
- ENGAGE e-BLAST - Medicaid Redesign, NDSC, Community Cafes (7/9/2012)
- The Medicaid Redesign Team has updated information on Supportive Housing Allocation. Public comments are requested by the State Education Department's Office of Special Education and SAMHSA issed a new report on drug use.
- ENGAGE e-Blast - Chronic Absenteeism and more (6/25/2012)
- The Council on Children and Families released a KIDS COUNT brief on the Risk of Chronic Absenteeism Among Students in New York State. SAMHSA has developed a Suicide Prevention Toolkit for High Schools and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - MHF Grant, FPA Credential and more (6/5/2012)
- The Mental Health Foundation has a grant available. Families Together in NYS is accepting applications for the New York Family Peer Advocate Credential and more!
- ENGAGE e-Blast - Kinship Reports Now Available (5/24/2012)
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation released a report on Kinship families. HRSA announced training grants and funding is available for projects focusing on mental health needs of young adults.
- ENGAGE e-Blast Statewide Health Insurance Exchange (4/26/2012)
- The Governor issued an Executive Order establishing a NYS Health Exchange. New skills Achievement Commencement for students with severe disabilities. OPWDD is addressing training for direct support professionals.
- ENGAGE e-Blast - Annoucing Social Media (4/3/2012)
- The ENGAGE team is excited to announce the addition of Twitter and Facebook to our ENGAGE communications tool box. By way of example, and with a primary purpose of ENGAGE being to strengthen cross-systems communications, using Twitter allows us to share information with you more frequently.
- ENGAGE e-Blast - NY Youth Works Program (2/29/2012)
- Learn about the NY Youth Works Program. The NY Youth Works Program is designed to provide tax incentives to businesses hiring and training unemployed, disadvantaged, inner-city youth.
- ENGAGE - Issue 11 (2/17/2012)
- Announcing the Families Together Annual Conference, updates on 1115-People-First-Waiver, QUALITYstarsNY brochure, tax credits for families and more!
NYS Council on Children and Families
52 Washington Street
Rensselaer, New York 12144