|STARskaters.org Email Archives|
Thank you for visiting the STARskaters.org NEWSLETTER ARCHIVE.
If you have news you'd like to submit, contact news@STARskaters.org
If you'd like to schedule a STARskaters event, contact skate@STARskaters.org
For sponsorship information, contact sponsor@STARskaters.org
- Summer 2016 - STARskaters News (8/5/2016)
- In this edition, STARskaters founder Jim O'Neill interviews on CBS Radio, Jim Knappenberger's great scout project, STAR volunteers the Russell Twins, Sled Hockey and Abilities Expo Weekend, Youth Access to Sports event, SkateTherapy article in Chronicle, STAR Golf Tournament, Youth Wheelchair Camp on ICE and upcoming Curling event and more!
- Winter 2015 - STARskaters News (3/4/2016)
- Lots of STARskaters news including the 3 on 3 Tournament, STAR supporter Kirk Loudon, STAR Volunteer Renee Kono, Sled Hockey Benefit game vs. Dallas STARS including Tyler Seguin & Bob Bassen, SkateTherapy gala, print article on Coach Reid Williams, video on Roberto's Story and an upcoming event from the Houston Curling Club.
- Summer 2015 - STARskaters News (7/20/2015)
- Read about the Sled Hockey team winning GOLD at USA National Sled Hockey Championships, SkateTherapy news, STAR volunteer Monica Guzman, STAR Supporter Ice Skate USA, a great video profile of triple amputee Sled Star Joseph Montemayor, and much more.
- Winter 2015 Edition - STARskaters Newsletter (3/4/2015)
- In this issue, read about Kyle Huckaby being named to the USA National Sled Hockey team, SkateTherapy meets Temple Grandin, 3 on 3 Hockey tournament, our STAR supporter the Sugar Land Imperials and STAR volunteers Mike and Brenda Noland.
- Summer 2014 Edition - STARskaters Newsletter (9/1/2014)
- In this issue read about our 2nd annual Golf Tournament, SkateTherapy Gala, Olympic Sled Hockey weekend, the amazing Ice Cruiser invented for SkateTherapy, and our summer wheelchair youth camp and a thanks to our STAR supporter 2020 Exhibits and STAR volunteer Roger Davis.
- Spring 2014 Edition - STARskaters Newsletter (5/22/2014)
- Shop and support STAR at smile.amazon.com, profiles of STAR volunteer Kelly Otero, STAR player Andy Noland and supporter Jeff Bourns of HAS. Report on Skeeters Baseball Night and story on Silver Medal Winning Sled Hockey at the USA Hockey National Sled Hockey Tournament. Also Sled Hockey Weekend and Westview STAR Skate.
- Dec 2013 Holiday Edition - STARskaters Newsletter (12/10/2013)
- Profile of STAR supporters Ken & Kim Belknap, Coach Reid Williams, Nina Jiang and Nutcracker season. Also a report on the Sugar Land Imperials and their support of the SkateTherapy program.
- 3 on 3, Golf and Gala Edition - STARskaters Newsletter (9/4/2013)
- Preview of the first ever STAR golf tournament, report on the first 3 on 3 tournament at "The Pond" in Austin, TX. Report on Abilities Expo, STAR supporter 2020 exhibits, and the Pasadena Youth Wheelchair Sports Camp STAR skate and guest article by Jessie Chan.
- Summer 2013 - Newsletter (7/17/2013)
- FOX TV report on SkateTherapy, Austin Blades join STARskaters, second session added for SkateTherapy, STAR at Abilities Expo, Sled Hockey at National Championships, Skating magazine features SkateTherapy, Sled Hockey weekend in Houston and STAR supporter the Houston AEROS Booster Club.
- Spring 2013 - Newsletter (3/15/2013)
- 3 on 3 tournament results, AEROS seats between the benches, STAR supporter Sugar Land Ice & Sports, STAR volunteer Mandy Benavides and Jenna Stephanos' amazing gift. And, one-of-a-kind Pom Pom Gloves!
- Fall 2012 - Newsletter (11/7/2012)
- Read about STARskaters sponsoring AEROS Military Night, how to win a FREE BEACH WEEKEND, as well as Abilities Expo, the latest in our Sled Hockey and Skate Therapy programs and a profile of our STAR volunteer Ken Belknap and video of Sled STAR Joseph Montemayor.
- Summer 2012 - Newsletter (6/17/2012)
- Team Texas Sled Hockey wins Bronze, watch Roberto's story, STAR volunteer Oliver Penn, STAR sponsor 20/20 Exhibits, SkateTherapy news and more!
- Spring 2012 STARskaters Newsletter (3/2/2012)
- WIN seats "between the benches" for a Houston AEROS game. Upcoming "chuck-a-puck" for STARskaters, the new SkateTherapy.org website is launched, and a preview of our May 12th Paralympic Sled Hockey Experience.
- Fall 2011 STARskaters Newsletter (11/18/2011)
- Read about Sled Hockey Weekend activities, watch the new Therapeutic Skating video, meet our STAR volunteers and our STAR supporter, Ice Skate USA and Memorial City Mall.
- Summer Newsletter 2011 (7/20/2011)
- Read about the US Olympic Committee naming STARskaters as their newest Paralympic Sport Club, Junior Wheelchair event, Metal & Muscle, Sled Hockey Saturdays, Therapeutic Skating lessons and much more!
- April/May Newsletter 2011 (4/27/2011)
- KPRC-TV report on Sled Hockey, 3 on 3 tournament results, new therapeutic skating lessons video and more.
- Feb 2010 - Sled Hockey and Hockey Weekend (2/2/2011)
- Details on Hockey Weekend Across America activities, the STAR skaters sled hockey program and more. Also profiles of STAR Volunteer Barry Price and STAR sponsor Final Touch Roofing.
- December 10 - Sled Hockey Fundraiser (12/10/2010)
- Details on STARskaters used hockey equipment sale, Ebay sports collectible fundraiser, special needs skating lessons, and profiles of STAR Volunteer B.L. Wylie and our STAR Sponsor 2020 Exhibits.
- October 2010 - Special Needs Skating Lessons (10/25/2010)
- Details on STARskaters special needs skating events, SLED HOCKEY, Hockey Day in Texas. STARskaters at ARC of Ft. Bend County Conference and Resource Fair and a library of STARskaters audio, video and social medial. Also profiles of our STAR Volunteer Lilia Quintana and STAR Sponsor Belknap Concrete & Drilling.
"where everyone is a STAR on ice"
PO Box 16434
Sugar Land, Texas 77496