|DRC Newsletter & Announcement Archive|
The latest announcements and news on child and adolescent health from the Data Resource Center.
- Child Health Day Newsletter Oct, 2013 (10/21/2013)
- Learn about Child Health Day and how the DRC is working to improve child health outcomes! Highlights of this newsletter include a data spotlight on Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), a profile of the Well-Visit Planner parent engagement tool, a link to a survey on pediatric integrative medicine, information on upcoming presentations, and important child health news and policy updates.
- Dataset and Codebook Available-2011/12 National Survey of Children's Health (6/12/2013)
- Get your copy of the 2011/12 National Survey of Children's Health dataset today! Highlights of this newsletter include a data spotlight on Adverse Childhood Experiencies (ACEs), a profile of data in action in California, links to upcoming and recent child health presentations, and important health awareness dates perfect for for advocating children's health.
- Now Available--More from the 2011/12 National Survey of Children's Health (4/9/2013)
- We are continuing to enable your access to findings from the 2011/12 National Survey of Children's Health (NSCH). In addition to state-by-state snapshots on key measures, new child health indicators are being added every day. Browse all the data available to date .
- Just Released--New Data from the 2011/12 National Survey of Children's Health (3/22/2013)
- State-by-state snapshots of new data from the 2011/12 National Survey of Children's Health (NSCH) are now accessible on the Data Resource Center (DRC) website. Highlighted topics include childhood obesity, premature birth, adverse childhood events, mother's health, and as reported in HRSA/CDC report, an increase in prevalence of ASD among US children age 2-17.
- Advancing the Maternal & Child Health Vision (2/7/2013)
- The Data Resource Center for Child & Adolescent Health is committed to advancing the vision of maternal and child health programs. Join us at the Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs Annual Conference in Washington, DC from February 9 to 12, 2013.
- Celebrate MCH Epi with Data and Tools from the DRC (12/7/2012)
- Prevention and wellness across the life course is a national priority for the Maternal and Child Health Bureau. This includes a focus on environmental factors, systems of care, critical time-periods for development, and health equity. The DRC Web site contains point and click data from the National Survey of Children's Health and the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs that map to key concepts embedded in the life course perspective, which promote a whole child approach to health over the life span. Here is a quick prieview of the data relevant to life course, found on the DRC.
- Get Ready for APHA with a Life Course Perspective (10/25/2012)
- The 140th annual meeting of the American Public Health Association is just around the corner! This year's theme brings attention to prevention and wellness across the life span, a national priority for the Maternal and Child Health Bureau. In this issue, the Data Resource Center for Child and Adolescent Health (DRC) highlights data from the national surveys relevant to implementing a life course approach for children--the timeline of their lives; the timing of their experiences; their physical, psychosocial and cultural environments; and issues of equity.
- Let's Celebrate Child Health Day (Again!) (10/3/2012)
- Every day at the Data Resource Center for Child and Adolescent Health (DRC) is a celebration of the health and well-being of the whole child and their family. We believe the health of our children is more than a sum of their parts--children are more than their diagnosis or the absence of diagnosis. Their health and well-being encompasses quality health care delivery, supportive neighborhoods, strong schools and vibrant homes. This newsletter features our new Quality Health Care Portal and databriefs on complementary and alternative medicine use among children.
- Innovating Patient Engagement at AcademyHealth's Annual Research Meeting (6/21/2012)
- As a finalist of AcademyHealth's Relevant Evidence to Advance Care and Health (REACH) Challenge, the CAHMI and DRC will be presenting a new and innovative tool designed to customize, tailor and improve the quality of well-child care for young children. See the tool at www.wellvisitplanner.org. The DRC has also just released new data from the 09/10 NS-CSHCN specific to health conditions.
- Enhanced 2009/10 NS-CSHCN Public Use Data Set Just Released (5/14/2012)
- Learn about the new data set for the 09/10 National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs. Explore complementary and alternative medicine utilization among children with special health care needs and visit the DRC at the International Research Congress Integrative Medicine & Health (IRCIMH) Conference.
- National Minority Health Month - Using Data for Advocacy (4/30/2012)
- April is National Minority Health Month. Learn the facts and how to use data to reduce and eliminate health disparities.
- Increase Your Understanding of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (4/2/2012)
- In recognition of Autism Awareness Day and Month 2012 the DRC has release a new National Profile on CSHCN and ASDs as well as nationally representative data.
- Promote Child and Adolescent Health Across the Life Span with New Data and Features on the DRC (2/8/2012)
- Check out data on the life course from the 09/10 National Survey of Children with Special Health Care needs. Also, new trending feature on the DRC allows you to compare data across years!
- New Data from the 2009/10 National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs (1/19/2012)
- Join the MCHB DataSpeak Today! New data from the 2009/10 National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs (NS-CSHCN) are now accessible on the Data Resource Center (DRC) website. Start browsing the new data now.
- Join Us at the DataSpeak about the 2009/10 NS-CSHCN (1/12/2012)
- Join the Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB) and the Data Resource Center (DRC) to learn about the latest findings from the 2009/10 National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs (NS-CSHCN) at the interactive DataSpeak webinar hosted by MCHB.
- Tis' the Holiday Season! Please Give Use the Gift of your Feedback on a Brief Survey (12/8/2011)
- To help effectively plan for the New Year, the DRC is conducting a brief online survey of our partners. Visit us at the 2011 MCH EPI Conference.
- Visit Use at the American Public Health Association Conference in Washington, DC (10/26/2011)
- Visit us at booth # 2039 at APHA. The health and well-being of children in rural areas and children's health care quality across states.
- Using Data from Families to Promote Better Health and Well-Being for Children (10/3/2011)
- At the National Maternal and Child Health Data Resource Center for Child and Adolescent Health (DRC) every day is Child Health Day! The DRC connects families, policymakers, program leaders and researchers to national and state data on child health and health care from the two largest and most comprehensive surveys on child health. Start searching for data in your state now.
- Accessing Data on the Health and Well-Being of Children in Your State Just Got Easier (9/20/2011)
- The Data Resource Center for Child and Adolescent Health (DRC) has a new redesigned website! Data from the National Survey of Children's Health and the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs are now even easier to find and report through our integrated browsing and search tools.
- State SSI Data Now on DRC (5/24/2011)
- We are pleased to announce that the SSI data for 2010, released in May of this year, as well as reports for earlier years, are now available for viewing and download on the Data Resource Center for Child and Adolescent Health.