|California Learning Strategies Center Email Archives Homepage|
Welcome to the California Learning Strategies Center newsletter archives.
If you would like to receive our free e-newsletter, please visit our website at www.LearningStrategiesCenter.com
, and click on "join our mailing list," in the upper right corner of the home page.
- College Consulting Services
- Over the past few years alone, my students have been accepted to Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Princeton, MIT, Brown, Columbia, U.Penn, Dartmouth, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Emory, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Harvey Mudd, UVA, U. Michigan, Wellesley, NYU, and other colleges across the country ranging from small religious schools to large public universities.
- Ivy League Interview Advice
- To help students prepare for college interviews, click the link below for my 20-minute discussion with an interviewer for an Ivy League college. She shares what impresses interviewers, what mistakes to avoid, and much more! (Free recorded interview -- listen now.)
- How To Write A Great College Application Essay
- Does your student need help writing an essay that will help him or her stand out in the applicant pack? This one-hour webinar walks students through everything they need to know!
- Does the PSAT matter?
- Interview with SAT/ACT expert Ben Paris about the PSAT (free recorded interview - listen now)
- Are You Asking the Right Question?
- An important tip for helping your child think about what colleges he or she might be interested in. (free recording - listen now)
- Scholarship Tips
- Interview with Monica Matthews, author of "How to Win College Scholarships" (free recorded interview - listen now)
- Financial Planning Tips for College
- Interview with a financial planner (free recorded interview - listen now)
- Acing the SAT Essay
- Recorded Webinar. Order now and your child can be listening within 24 hours or less.
- Zombie Apocolypse Helpful for College Planning
- Advice about college scholarships (article)
- College Planning: Summer tips (article)
- College planning tips for summer (8th-11th grade) (article)
- College Planning Resources and Tips
- Resources and tips to help parents and students (8th-12th grade) with the college planning process (article)
- College Planning for Scholar Athletes
- Advice for parents of scholar athletes (article)
- Tips for College Interviews
- Tips to help students feel more confident about college interviews (article)
- How Parents Can Challenge Math Students K-5
- Advice and resources for parents whose children need more math challenge (article)
- Authors' Advice For Young Writers
- Author websites offering advice, inspiration and encouragement for young writers
- Nurturing Young Mathematicians and Writers
- Advice and practical tips from authors and mathematicians to help parents nurture their children's interest in writing and math (article)
- How To Ace College Downloadable Teleclass
- Learn about our downloadable program teaching students everything they need to know for academic success in college
- Why "Drill and Kill" is Bad for Your Child's Brain
- Why your child's brain needs challenge in order to love learning (article)
- Help Your Child Excel
- Learn about our DVD to help make learning and studying easier, more effective, and more fun, 4th-12th grade
- What Teachers Shouldn't Have Gifted Students Do
- The problems with using advanced students as peer tutors (article)
California Learning Strategies Center
9452 Telephone Road #188
Ventura, CA 93004