Welcome to the RAIN News Archives
Browse our success stories,
news from the field, and plans for the future!
- Summer New 2015
- It's been an exciting summer! West Africa Day 2015 was a huge success attended by Niger's Ambassador and Vice Sultan of Agadez, we have a new staff member and we have been awarded several exciting grants.
- Spring News 2015
- The ALC celebrates a 2nd year of providing nomadic students access to secondary education.
- Summer News 2014
- Nomadic students get back to school with your help and Portsmouth NH celebrates West Africa Day with music.
- 2014 Spring News
- The ALC gains new friends, Save the Date and more.
- Fall 2013 News
- Festival Season in Niger & RAIN looks ahead to 2014
- Spring 2013 News
- Fatoumata ignites The Music Hall on West Africa Day in Portsmouth for our annual event.
- Winter 2013 News
- A letter from Bess in the field, a Malian star comes to the well for RAIN, and how you make it possible for us to keep coming back!
- Fall 2012 News
- A place for students in Agadez, Seiga gets help, and a chance to unleash the Girl Effect!
- Summer 2012 News
- The Muir Quartet plays for RAIN and CFKF and RAIN teams up with GlobalGiving.org for food relief for Niger's nomads.
- Spring 2012 News
- Bombino performs for RAIN, a girl in Bonfeba gets a chance to go to school, and One Day's Wages funds two new gardens in Agadez.
- Winter 2011 News
- An update on the Arlit mentors, good news for Gougaram and a tribute to a great friend.
- Summer 2011 News
- The Global Hunger Foundation helps RAIN combine sustainable agriculture and education for girls.
- Spring 2011 News
- RAIN partners with Rotary to transform the community of Bonfeba!
- Winter 2011 News
- RAIN celebrates our 10th Anniversary and looks forward to the future.
- Ron Wyman's documentary AGADEZ about the Tuareg musician Bombino premiers at the NH Film Festival.
- Fall 2010 News
- RAIN partners with the Izumi Foundation to bring health education to mentors.
- Spring 2010 News
- RAIN's response to the food crisis in Niger.
- Summer 2009 News
- Meet the girls and their mentors in our Girls' Mentoring and Scholarship Program!
- Spring 2009 News
- Meet the community of Ingui!
- Summer 2008 News
- RAIN partners with UNICEF to provide daily food and classes for preschool children uprooted from recent conflict.