|Flaherty Financial News Inc. Email Archives Homepage
Welcome to Flaherty Financial News archives, edited by veteran award-winning financial writer Bob Flaherty. Now you can use this area to catch up on your past issues of our exploration of quality efforts in the micro-and small-cap stock niche. Be sure to tell all your friends they can receive our next newsletter or special situation by going to our website and subscribing. The link to our homepage is www.flahertyfinancialnews.com
. Thank You.
- April 6, 2016 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #56
- Flaherty's 35th Favorites of the Famous Ten for Tomorrow Stocks
Tom Putnam goes banking. Mario bets on a new CEO. Ray rides a rent- a- car. Arun loves India. Rogers likes stripes. Lauren and hubby Scott team up again. Russ remains stubborn. Makepeace doubles down on his Putin pal P/E of 3 Russian Blood-In-The-Streets pick. Bob sticks with his mother of all biotech credibility gaps.
- March 7, 2016 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #55
- CEL-SCI Corporation's (NYSE:CVM) Phase III Cancer Immunotherapy Comeback Continues!
Record patient enrollment for a February in CEL-SCI Corporation's pivotal world's largest global head and neck cancer Phase III study. Its $50 million arbitration suit with an extra possible $100 million in consequential damages against its initial CRO is scheduled to start a final hearing (trial). Full patient enrollment of 880 will be achieved this summer. In about 2 years patient survival results are expected to be available. Success will add $ billions to stock valuation. Only 2 years to the finish line. Also: Wow! Dow 89,000! Sir John Templeton's forgotten forecast.
- February 1, 2016 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #54
- CEL-SCI Corporation's (NYSE:CVM) Phase III Cancer Immunotherapy Comeback! Against all odds, the finish line is in sight for CEL-SCI Corporation's turnaround team. Success in its world's largest global head and neck cancer Phase III study could add $ billions of stock valuation. Ushering in a revolutionary era, immunotherapy treatment would be administered to newly diagnosed cancer patients BEFORE not AFTER our current standard of debilitating surgery, radiation and chemotherapy.
- January 1, 2016 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #53
- CEL-SCI (NYSE:CVM): "The January Effect Plus a Positive 2016!" Heavy tax selling has created a great entry point to exploit the January Effect stock rally. Subsequent full enrollment of 880 patients in CEL-SCI's world's largest global Phase III head neck cancer study should set the stage for further much greater gains in a positive 2016. A settlement or $50 million arbitration win could double the stock by itself. When the Phase III study shows a 10% improvement in overall survival towards the end of 2017 the company should be worth billions. "The finish line is in sight," says CEO Geert Kersten.
- November 13, 2015 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #52
- CEL-SCI (NYSE:CVM): Bob's Best Buy Got Better!
A monthly record of 38 patients puts CEL-SCI just 272 patients from its goal of enrolling 880 head and neck cancer patients in its global Phase III trial in 2016. Three major events de-risk shares.
- October 2, 2015 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #51
- A New Beginning at Blue Earth, Inc. (Nasdaq:BBLU). The arrival of dynamic CEO Bob Powell started a new beginning at Blue Earth Inc. (Nasdaq:BBLU). A strategic reorganization backed by a world- class management team and an impressive energy savvy board has set the stage for this tiny tot to grow into a significant independent power generation company. Blue Earth is on the brink of a major turnaround.
- August 27, 2015 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #50
- CEL-SCI's Unique Phase III Cancer Immunotherapy Trial Advances.
"We are in the home stretch," says CEL-SCI's CEO Geert Kersten about its $50 million, 24 countries, unique Phase III global head and neck cancer immunotherapy treatment trial. In 2017 when the 298th enrolled patient dies a 10% improvement in overall survival of Multikine-treated patients versus non-Multikine treated patients only receiving the current standard of cancer care could send the stock price soaring by $1 billion.
- Update of Flaherty Special Situation Newsletter #38
- After recently raising $16 million CEL-SCI (NYSE: CVM) is still the most undervalued Phase lll biotech in America. CEL-SCI has now raised $56 million in just 20 months. This turnaround aims to enroll 880 head and neck cancer patients in over 100 sites in at least 25 countries by next March 31. Success in this global Phase III trial of its lead cancer immunotherapy Multikine drug regime could be rewarded with a one day stock jump of over $1 billion or 1,264% per share. More importantly its Multkine regimen could become the fourth standard of treatment for cancer, joining surgery, chemo and radiation. The goal of the Multikine treatment before- you get any other cancer treatments-is to cure many more patients than is possible today. That's disruptive technology! Dreamer CEO Geert Kersten's outstanding team is building a keeper.
- April 22, 2015 Flaherty Financial Newsletter #46 - UPDATED
- Big News For Mexico and Latin America.
- March 30, 2015 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #49
- Flaherty's Favorites of the Famous with a lucky 13 New Picks.
Larry's liver -saver vaccine. Mario's head is in the clouds. Rogers prefers down to earth money men. Lauren dines on pork in Hong Kong while hubby Scott finds an oil play. Makepeace sticks with his Blood-in-the-streets Russian P/E of 3 pick. Bob's mother of all biotech credibility gaps. Russ has high hopes.
- February 24, 2015 Flaherty Special Situation Newsletter #38
- CEL-SCI (NYSE: CVM) is the most undervalued Phase lll biotech in America. This turnaround aims to enroll 880 head and neck cancer patients in over 100 sites in at least 21 countries before yearend. Success in this global Phase III trial of its lead immunotherapy drug regime Multikine could be rewarded with a one day stock jump of $ billions. Other tantalizing possibilities exist for HPV and rheumatoid arthritis. Dreamer CEO Geert Kersten and his outstanding team are building a keeper.
- January 13, 2015 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #48
- Six Promising Medical Breakthroughs at Bargain Prices!
After the January dip, thrilling medical breakthroughs efforts from Rodman & Renshaw's fall conference sell at bargain prices. CEO snapshots of APDN, CFRX, HTBX, NBY, NURO and ONCS.
- December 13, 2014 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #47
- A Very Bullish 2015!
Singular Research's Bob Maltbie's very bullish on 2015! Two sleepers - INTL and YGYI - from its "Best of the Uncovereds Conference." From SeeThruEquity: PESI to the rescue and ARTH will stop bleeding after surgery or injury in seconds versus minutes today.
Follow Up: BioSig (BSGM) is a stocking stuffer!
- November 20, 2014 Flaherty Special Situation Newsletter #37
- BioSig Technologies, Inc. Is Going Commercial!
BioSig Technologies (OTCQB: BSGM) is racing to record abnormal heartbeat wave signals and significantly improve innovation - starved arrhythmia treatment. Cardiac electrophysiologists who monitor and correct electrical activity of the heart need cleaner, clearer, real time intra-cardiac within the heart recording. Success should bring improved better results for thousands of patients, shorter operations, reduction of unacceptably high recurrence procedures, lower costs and result in high exponential returns for early investors. Follow Up: Remembering the fairy tale life of one of America's first female financial writers courageous Clare Reckert.
- October 9, 2014 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #46
- Take A Look At Stevia First!
Stevia First Corp. (STVF): Now open for business with all-natural, safer, sweeter-than-sugar stevia. An important deal gives this research- oriented startup the opportunity for commercial sales in this quarter and positive cash flow within 12 months. Developing even sweeter next-gen stevia products. Follow Up: Significant management and director upgrades for mobile- app, smart-phone, cancer- screener Vantage Health, Inc.
- September 2, 2014 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #45
- Five Promising CEO Presentation Snapshots.
Turnarounds at Cryoport (CYRX) and Carmanah Technologies (CMH.TO). Follow up: Progress at Champions Oncology's (CSBR) breeding your own lifesaving avatar mouse and a Nasdaq listing for Fusion Telecommunications (FSNN)! Also: "About Harvard's Dave What's-His-Name?"
- July 15, 2014 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #44
- SeeThruEquity Conference CEO Presentation Snapshots.
HBIO: Transformative reshaping at Harvard BioScience. BDCV: blooming pre-IPOs. COYN: A tipping point at COPsync. FOLLOW UP to Newsletter #43: MDNT resumes trading following SEC suspension after reporting over 2.3 billion shares are outstanding!
- April 11, 2014 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #43 UPDATED
- Updated June 26, 2014.
Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #43
Jeremy Barbera's start-up Vantage Health Inc. (VNTH) licenses NASA space telemedical technology to enable your smart phone to detect lung cancer before it is too late. UPDATE! Medient Studios MDNT founding CEO Manu Kumaran planned to turn the Hollywood film production model upside down with the world's largest mega Studioplex in Georgia. Instead on June 12 he was terminated as CEO. Entertainment turnaround maven Charles Koppelman became chairman of the board. On June 25 the SEC suspended the stock of (MDNT).
- April 4, 2014 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #42
- Flaherty's Favorites of the Famous 2014 Stock Picks! Stock Picks of the Pro's. From the group with the best long term annual favorite stock record on the planet.
- March 10, 2014 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #41
- CEO Profile Snapshots on MELA and VNTH. Fine tuning Dan Lufkin's crusade to identify deadly melanoma earlier at MELA Sciences , Inc. (MELA) ! Jeremy Barbera's start-up Vantage Health Inc. (VNTH) licenses NASA space telemedical technology to enable your smart phone to detect lung cancer and other ills.
- January 2, 2014 Flaherty Special Situation Newsletter #36
- BDCA VENTUE, INC. (NASDAQ:BDCV) FORMERLY, Keating Capital, Inc.: A Smart Way to Play the IPO Boom!
The portfolio of closed-end fund Keating Capital (Nasdaq: KIPO) is bursting with 15 private pre-IPO investments being groomed to go public within two years. Following a mid-year, error-riddled case for a short on the stock and a disappointing December rights offering, Keating has become a classic special situation. Shares yield 8% and sell at a 20% discount to our estimated fund net asset value. In a hot new issue market, Keating has explosive upside with many of its holdings aiming for IPOs in 2014 and more in 2015. A smart management with an astute disciplined approach to limit risk while buying pre-IPO private companies at bargain prices and harvesting the gains when winners go public.
- November 22, 2013 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #40 Updated
- New SeeThruEquity Conference Presentation Snapshots.
AHRO: Plaque relief! PBIO: A winning jockey whipping up a Breakthrough! GGBL: Growing guar beans for fracking! MNGA: Disruptive green replacement for acetylene torching and cleansing Third World human waste. Also follow-up progress at AOIL, GPH.V, MCW.V and some Pumple Pie! Updated December 8, 3013 - SEC SUSPENDS GGBL!
- November 4, 2013 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #39
- Nine Fine UP and COMERS, Accompanied by Life- saving Mice!
Biotech entrepreneurs presenting at a Rodman & Renshaw's conference aim for wealth by improving health. Snapshots of AHRO, CSBR, CYTR, DARA, ERGO, GOVX, INO, PIP AND SNGX.
- October 23, 2013 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #38
- What's new? Five Promising Up and Comers!
Listening to conference presentations by entrepreneurs trying to change world we were intrigued by COYN, KIPO, LTRX, MSHF and TNTY. Also in this issue: Banned in Boston and "Stuck in the middle with you!"
- July 23, 2013 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #37
- A conferencing we did go!
Thirteen micro-caps caught our eye, including ACU, AOIL, APPY, ASTV, CVM,
CVM, DCIN, EGAS, FSNN, NEWT, RNN, TNC.V, UNIS and WEE.V. Also an update on CORT's unfinished crusade to offset morbid obesity and other deadly side effects afflicting millions of mental patients and stressed veterans relying on our five major antipsychotic drugs. Bob's common sense solution!
- April 8, 2013 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #36
- Flaherty's Favorites of the Famous 2013 Stock Picks! Stock Picks of the Pro's. From the group with the best long term annual favorite stock record on the planet.
- April 2, 2013 Flaherty Special Situation Newsletter #34
- At a moment when dominant supplier China is restricting exports of graphite, Graphite One Resources' (GPH.V) huge Graphite Creek property on the Seward Peninsula in Alaska is on a fast track to develop a mine by 2017. Reliable graphite supplies will be crucial for the U.S. to create domestic green energy technology jobs. Graphite can be better than gold. Bob F's personal new Favorites of the Famous pick.
- February 13, 2013 Flaherty Special Situation Newsletter #33
- An ideal blend of growth plus safety for 2013, Federated Kaufmann Large Cap Fund is #1 among large cap funds ranked by The New York Times. A hat trick for Bob!
- November 19, 2012 Flaherty Special Situation #32
- MCW Enterprises Ltd (MCW.V) is proving a cutting-edge extraction technology which can tap the 32 billion of barrels of reserves locked up in Utah's oil sands. Using environmentally-friendly Russian technology MCW is helping America move toward oil independence! Also the MCW Oil Sands extraction unit has been combined with a profitable, growing California fuel distributor whose revenues should exceed $1 billion in fiscal 2014. To make this new combination succeed, enter MCW's CEO Dr. Jerry Bailey. This retired President of Exxon Arabian Gulf understands engineering, science and how to make money in oil.
- August 1, 2012 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #33
- Over 100% of DiMi's public float is shorted! Who dunit?
- June 15, 2012 Flaherty Special Situation Newsletter #30
- DiMi Telematics International, Inc. (DIMI) is the newest entry in the booming M2M market, which will increase 500% in 2012 alone. WARNING: DiMi stock has crashes 99.5% under incredible short selling volume in an abusive bear raid. More in the next issue.
- June 3, 2012 Flaherty Special Situation Newsletter #29
- Mediware Information Systems (NASDAQ:MEDW) is a bargain-priced stealth growth stock for today's investors. Profits, no debt and thirty seven million in cash. UPDATE: Going private for $22 a share in cash.
- March 26, 2012 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #32
- Flaherty's Favorites of the Famous Stock Picks for 2012. Flaherty is thrilled to present 12 new favorite stocks for 2012 from the group with the best long term annual favorite stock record on the planet.
- November 16, 2011 Flaherty Special Situation Newsletter #27
- It is annual portfolio cleaning time!
Needham and Co Charlie Wolf''s dark view of the U.S. economy and his big BUY of Apple.
- September 11, 2011 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #28
- A tear for the friends we lost in 9-11.
Corcept Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: CORT) fights morbid obesity from anti-psychotic drugs.
- August 17, 2011 Flaherty Special Situation Newsletter #25 (ONCS.OB) Updated
- OncoSec Medical Incorporated (ONCS) has a Revolutionary Cancer Treatment Technology
- June 1, 2011 Flaherty Financial News Newsletter #27
- Harry Barr's Four Up and Comers: Pacific North West Capital (PFN.TO), Fire River Gold (FAU.V), El Nino Ventures (ELN.V) and Next Gen Metals Inc. (N.V).
- March 23, 2011 FFN Newsletter #26
- Flaherty's Favorites of the Famous 14 New Picks.
- February 2, 2011 FFN Newsletter #25
- Expose Part 12: The Invisible Man Returns; Mission Accomplished! At last big time media picks up our reporting. Thanks guys and gals.
- Dec 30, 2010 FFN Newsletter #24
- Expose Part 11: Insiders at The Invisible Man's GEROVA (NYSE:GFC) appear in emails at Ponzi-like Westmoore funds, shut down by the SEC last June.
- Dec 12, 2010 FFN Newsletter #23
- THIS NEWSLETTER WAS KNOCKED OUT BY AN UNKNOWN HACKER. OUR UPDATED AND IMPROVED OBITUARY FOR CLARE RECKERT APPEARS IN FLAHERTY SPECIAL SITUATION #37 DATED NOVEMBER 20TH 2014. Goodbye to Clare Reckert, America's First Female Financial Writer. She was the first female business writer to get a byline from The New York Times. Even then a male boss made her misspell her first name Clare without an "i" so readers would think she was a man. Clare's ceaseless efforts for gender parity at The Times infuriated the ruling males so much for passing did not receive even a single line of obit in the print edition of the paper. Way to go guys! Expose Part 10: Figures get crazier at The Invisible Man's Fund.com (FNDM) while his GEROVA tries to acquire a flashy British broker.
- November 8, 2010 Flaherty Special Situation #23
- In this issue: Our sweet 16 for 2011.
Plus: Four New Picks and more on Clare Reckert.
- October 20, 2010 Flaherty Special Situation Newsletter #20
- Duma Energy Corp. (DUMA) Formerly Strategic American Oil Corporation
Shareholder Democracy, The Invisible Man's Style!
- September 8, 2010 Flaherty Special Situation #21
- Acadia Healthcare (ACHC) Formerly PHC, Inc. Hope! Treatment! Recovery! A 100% Profit Opportunity!
Expose Part 8: The Invisible Man's Fund.com (FNDM) is delisted.
- July 18, 2010 FFN Newsletter #22
- The Invisible Man Scores Twice with New Active ETF's and The Old Switcheroo!
- March 22, 2010 FFN Newsletter #21
- Part 6 The Invisible Man Returns
17 Favorites of the Famous 2010 Stock Picks
- December 21, 2009 Flaherty Special Situation #15 (GZD.V)
- Part V The Invisible Man Returns, plus a big gain at MBT.AX
Three Ways to Win at Grizzly Discoveries Ltd. (TSX:GZD.V)
- December 4, 2009 Flaherty Special Situation #14 (Nasdaq: GNBT)
- The Invisible Man Returns: Non Reliance on past figures at Fund.com
Generex's revolutionary oral insulin spray breakthrough
- November 24, 2009 FFN Newsletter #6
- Our Missing Angel Goes Home
Part Three: The Invisible Man's IR pick for Fund.com. Jason's Secret.
"Woof , Woof" for Mantra Venture Group (MVTF.OB)
Breakthroughs at BioSpecifics (Nasdaq:BSTC)
- October 23, 2009 Flaherty Special Situation #13
- Dynavax Technologies (Nasdaq: DVAX) Plus more on The Invisible Man Returns
- October 4, 2009 Flaherty Special Situation #12
- Mission NewEnergy Ltd. (ASX: MBT)
& "The Invisible Man Returns" Jason Galanis Reappears ETF IPOs
- August 1, 2009 Flaherty Special Situation #11 (MELA)
- MELA Sciences (NASDAQ: MELA) Formerly Electro-Optical Sciences, Inc.
- March 23, 2009 FFN Newsletter #2
- 15 Favorites of the Famous Stock Picks
- Dec 8, 2008 FFN Newsletter - #6
- CORT's solution for the dilemma of antipsychotic drugs that cure now but may kill later.
Flaherty Financial News Inc.
265 Columbus Avenue, #2
West Harrison, New York 10604