The Writers' College Newsletter Archives
|Welcome to The Writers' College page for our archived newsletters.
Read previous editions below. Happy browsing!
- August News 2016
- In this issue, we look at creativity and some ways to get it flowing.
- June 2016
- Our Grammar Matters Issue.
- April 2016
- The Book Publishing Issue - how to stay motivated as you write a book, and the best publishing route for you.
- February 2016
- The Getting-Going Issue is packed full of inspiring articles to boost your motivation and skills. Make 2016 a great year for writing!
- December 2015
- Celebrating the best student results of 2015, as well as tips and tools to have the most refreshing holiday ever.
- October 2015
- The money-making issue! Tips and tools to manage your business as a freelance writer.
- August 2015
- Time management is a perennial issue facing writers. Find out the latest tips for how to make the most of your writing time.
- June 2015
- The 'nuts and bolts' of writing issue - why grammar and punctuation remain important for writers.
- April 2015
- The writing industry is changing rapidly. Keep abreast of the latest trends in this newsletter.
- February 2015
- The Inspiration Issue - where do writers find great ideas?
- December 2014
- Our Best of 2014 Newsletter: top student results and top writing courses, student writing and publishing successes of the year.
- September 2014
- Famous writers through the ages put great value on Plain Language, and so should you. Find out why in our Plain Language Issue.
- May 2014
- The Deadline Issue! Why deadlines are important in the writing world, and how to meet them.
- February 2014
- Our first newsletter of 2014 is aimed at writers of fiction: writing tips and competitions.
- December 2013
- Our Top Writing Students of 2013, their results and their writing.
- October 2013
- Why writers should get paid for their work, plus tips, writing competitions and inspirational stories.
- August 2013
- This August we look at dealing with rejection as a writer, with loads of inspiration and tips for how to cope.
- May 2013
- Our May issue focuses on the 'nuts and bolts' of writing: good grammar, syntax, punctuation and spelling.
- February 2013
- When can you call yourself a writer? That's the theme for our opening newsletter for 2013.
- December 2012
- Top student results, student writing and successes of 2012, plus dozens of tips on goal-setting for the new year.
- September 2012
- Our Creativity Issue: articles to boost your creativity, plus loads of writing advice.
- July 2012
- Our mid-winter newsletter featuring student successes, interviews and writing tips. Find out how and why your writing matters to the world.
- May 2012
- Read the results for the SAWC 2012 Short Story Writing Competition, as well as articles about how to beat perfectionism and improve your writing life.
- March 2012
- News, latest competitions and writing tips to keep you motivated.
- December 2011
- Our newsletter highlights the very best of 2011 - best student results, success stories, writing excerpts. Enjoy the read!
- August 2011
- Our August newsletter looks at how to stay motivated as a writer. It comes with all our regular features, like graduate successes, latest tutor interviews, competitions and articles.
- May 2011
- This newsletter deals with time management - and is packed with articles, student results, writing competition results and tips for writers.
- February 2011
- Our first quarter newsletter showcasing student results and writing.
- December 2010
- Our Best of 2010 Newsletter showcasing student results, achievements and writing.