Welcome to your latest issue of the Interview Expert newsletter.
Every issue explores the key elements of a successful job interview and strategic job search techniques - so you can master your skills and land the job you really want!
In this issue, I give you five questions you can use to evaluate your prepared job interview responses.
5 Key Questions You Can Use To Test Your Job Interview Responses
|Preparation is one of the four pillars of job interview success.
And, preparation includes writing down your responses to the most-asked job interview questions as well as other questions you believe the interviewer may ask. Once you've done that, here's a list of questions you can use to evaluate your responses.
- What are the key skills, knowledge and experience that are required, based on the job description and other information I've gathered on the company? Have I consistently highlighted those skills, knowledge and experience in my responses?
- Am I relating my skills, knowledge, experience and achievements directly to their specific issues and opportunities?
- Am I backing up all the key statements about myself with solid proof - in the form of interview stories? Will these interview stories be meaningful to them? Will they relate directly to the specific details I've included in my interview stories?
- Do I clearly and specifically state exactly why I'm genuinely interested in this specific job and/or organization?
- Are the questions that I've prepared to ask them, about them or about me?
Questions? Comments? Topics for future newsletters?
Use these five questions to test your interview responses to ensure you're turning everything about you, into everything about them.