Highlights this month include:
- Alabama History Education Initiative Lesson Plans
- Celebrate Alabama Day
- History at Home Seasonal Activities
December Lesson Plans
We are posting five NEW lesson plans for December. This time we are adding a lesson created for second-grade students which utilizes photographs of modes of transportation and a timeline. It is never too early to use primary sources in the classroom! The New South, Birmingham, and Alabama's contributions to the Civil War are all a part of the newest lesson plans. Check out the names of the authors to see if they work in your school or school system!
**Remember, we are looking for your comments and suggestions about the lesson plans. A Feedback button is located at the bottom of the lesson plan index for your convenience.
- Changes in Transportation over Time (created by Jodi Maze and Suzanne Graves, Crossville Elementary School, DeKalb County Schools)
- Alabama's Economic Contribution to the Confederacy (created by Susan Daffron, Kate Shepard Elementary School, Mobile County Schools)
- Birmingham: The Magic City (created by Kris White, Bear Exploration Center Elementary School, Montgomery County Schools)
- Working in Birmingham's Iron Industry (created by Kris White, Bear Exploration Center Elementary School, Montgomery County Schools)
- Alabama's New South Era (created by Vickie Looser, Lanett High School, Lanett City Schools)