|Creative Emergence Newsletter||April 2012|
Hi! I'm excited about some of the awesome happenings continuing in 2012. We have 3 spots left in the 6-week Creativity in Work Immersion Program - with six days left for the Earlybird Discount! Hope you can join us if it calls to you :-)
Honored I was invited to facilitate the FireStarter sessions at the Front End of Innovation Conference in Orlando this May. If you will be there, please drop me a line...would love to connect with you in person!
Also, delighted to announce that we will be putting on a FREE online Facilitating Creativity Telesummit in October this year with lots of great applied creativity facilitators. More info will come over the next few months. I'm taking a course on hosting telesummits...learning as I go. Stay tuned. And have a happy spring!
|Creativity in Work Program - new dates!|
4 Fridays this Spring (9am-5pm) over 6 weeks: May 11 and 25, June 8 and 22
Earlybird discount thru May 1!
"This program was life changing. I came up with a breakthrough new idea for my business. I found myself easily completing tasks that I had procrastinated about for years. Each workshop was a joy to attend." ~ Michael Smith, CEO of Teratech
Use your inspired creativity for your business bottom line and new work directions, strategies, innovations, projects, products or services. Develop a solid, structured framework of what you offer and your unique "signature". You'll use creative process with a rich integration of design thinking, improv, the arts, intuitive techniques, reflection tools, whole-brain methods, creative thinking, story, and analytical and evaluative approaches to help you create what's next in your work. Whole-brain, whole-person engagement for practical results! Leave with a self-designed framework, set of strategic goals and an action and marketing plan; and the initial implementation of the plans...and have FUN doing it! You'll also experience a deeper connection with your Creative Self - the place in you that's your unique gift to the world. See your creativity and your work come to life! Space is limited for maximum individualized attention and support.
For complete details and registration go to
|Holistically Generative Work
One of the things I've been most passionate about on my own work for many years is focusing my energy toward the emerging paradigm of work, one where financial generatively (generating income) is only part of the whole. Instead of being the only or central bottom line, it is part of a multi-dimensional bottom line: one that includes new ways of being and interacting, as well as doing...and an more inclusive "yes-anding" value system.
If we align generating income in ways that express our passion, our creative expression, and our gifts to others AND the greater whole, then money becomes part of the larger generative process - neither the main driver of it (as it's been in the conventional business paradigm), nor rejected by it altogether (and it sometimes is in service-oriented circles). Click here for complete blog post.
Every issue I include some of my recently tweeted links - articles, videos, and other creativity-related links of interest. I hope you find something of value within them. Come join me on Twitter anytime at @CreatvEmergence
1. How to Be Creative by Jonah Lehrer - WSJ - http://on.wsj.com/zvUCgJ
2. How Art Emerged from Pre-Historic Brains - bigthink: http://bit.ly/HTT1hF 7. How Organizational Archetypes Manifest at Each Level of Organizational Culture - http://j.mp/xMLolR 10. Arts ed stimulates creativity needed to thrive in knowledge-based economy -
11. Are you a Highly Sensitive Person? Test here:
12. What Zen Taught Silicon Valley About Innovation - FastCoDesign
13. Project Create Art Auction to support arts education for homeless children - 5/2 in DC
Every issue I also include some of my own musings in 140 characters or less. These are some of my recently tweeted thoughts about creativity and emergence:
1. Articles that talk crisis without also talking creative opportunity are
only talking half the story. #my2cents
2. Creativity can thrive in tight constraints or loose ones, in networks
or by oneself, by building on or originating...both-and.
3. No one has a better map for you than you do...become your own map maker.
4. Uncertainty mindsets: we can avoid it or we can transform it into discovery.
5. We can spend our valuable time fighting the old paradigm...or...living into the new one. 6. Big difference between "easy" (not challenging) and the post-challenge "at ease" (flow). 7. We are empowered to co-shape our own creative destiny...moment by moment .
8. With every new iteration of our calling emerges a deeper level of commitment
with a deeper level of freedom.
9. Discovering principles & patterns leads to cultivating new practices which leads to
developing new tools & techniques.
10. Disruptions are invitations to get creative.
11. Our greatest contributions to others often emerge from the intersection of our innate
strengths & our biggest challenges.
12. By nature of making something accessible, it can't be comprehensive. The ocean's
drinkable only in its more limited forms.
13. In the Cosmic Comedy Club, we are all the main act :-)
14. Sometimes when you get to the end of what you know, there is no where else to
turn but to love.
| Capitol Creativity Network - May 9|CCN continues with more exciting sessions.
On May 9, we are thrilled to have Corey Michael Blake
, President of Roundtable Companies
and creativity facilitator extraordinaire, lead us in a juicy session
on using storytelling to better connect with your clients/customers and generate more sales. His session at the Creativity in Business conference got such rave reviews we asked him back for more fun and learning at CCN. Join us if you can!
The Center for Creative Emergence is a creativity consulting, facilitating and coaching company dedicated to integrating inspired creativity, meaning, organizational culture and business for a happier and more productive work life and a richer bottom line. We cultivate breakthroughs and emergence with entrepreneurs, teams, and organizations. CEO Michelle James has a mission to engage people into their full humanness via whole-brain (and body) creative process for innovative work, positive social change and consciously creating a generative, life-giving future.
Our Services include creativity and emergence coaching and facilitating, whole-brain corporate and public workshops, conference presentations, creativity events and Quantum Leap Business Improv.
Coaching Clients include Entrepreneurs who want to discover their calling, develop their signature approach, products and services, or create their new future story; Leaders who want to draw out and focus the creativity of their work force; Pioneers who are forging new territory or creating new models; Facilitators who want to create new programs or workshops; Business Partners and Teams who want to co-create or establish a creative work culture.
Organizational Clients have included Panasonic, Deloitte, Microsoft, GEICO, RAPP, Kaiser Permanente, Inova Health System, Teach for America, Hands On Network, Cable & Wireless, National Institutes of Health, The World Bank, Invest Northern Ireland, Service Employee International Union, American University, Search for Common Ground, Center for Nonprofit Advancement, Teach for America and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration among others.
Blog: is The Fertile Unknown at www.creativeemergence.typepad.com.
Facebook: Michelle James