|The Family Times
A West Virginia Family Law Newsletter
Welcome to The Family Times, a West Virginia Family Law newsletter. We hope this newsletter will serve to inform, entertain, and provide a forum for discussion for all West Virginia Family Law practitioners and judges.
You are encouraged to submit relevant articles, information, notice of events, CLE dates in your area, or any idea you have to improve the newsletter.
Click Here for details on how to contact the newletter editor and how to join to our mailing list.
- Archived Newsletters
- November 2011 Newsletter (Vol. 1, Issue 9)
- October 2011 Newsletter (Vol. 1, Issue 8)
- August 2011 Newsletter (Vol. 1, Issue 7)
- July 2011 Newsletter (Vol. 1, Issue 6)
- June 2011 Newsletter (Vol. 1, Issue 5)
- - Response from the Bench, by Judge Mary Ellen Griffith
- Response from the Bench, by Judge Jeffrey L. Hall
- Little Known Code Section: Modification of a Parenting Plan due to Military Service
- Case Brief: Palmer v. Justice (May 2011)
- May 2011 Newsletter (Vol. 1, Issue 4)
- - "Argument for Alimony Guidelines" by Lyne Ranson, Esq.
- "Telephone Testimony under Rule 18" by Judge K. Bruce Lazenby
- Tech Tip: Joint Parenting Websites
- Little Known Statute: WV Code 48-7-111. No equitable distribution of property between individuals not married to one another. BUT SEE... GOODE v. GOODE, 183 W.Va. 468 (1990)
- April 2011 Newsletter (Vol. 1, Issue 3)
- - "Effect of Child Preference in Custody Litigation," by James W. Dougls
- New Syllabus Point: Skidmore v. Rodgers (April 2011)
- Tech Tip: WV Property Searches
- March 2011 Newsletter (Vol. 1, Issue 2)
- - "Impact of Bankruptcy Laws on Family Law Practitioners" by Andrew S. Nason, Esq. - Kanawha Co. Family Law Bench Bar Committee Chair.
- Tech Tip: Bank ID or Routing Number Search
- WV Code 48-9-601: Parent's Right to Access to a Child's Records
- WV Legislature - Domestic Relations Bills
- Case Brief: Whittaker v. Whittaker (2011)
- February 2011 Newsletter (Vol. 1, Issue 1)
- - "Statutory Basis for an Award of Attorneys Fees" by Judge Mike Kelly
- Tech Tip: Subpoena Info for Attorneys
- Revision of an Order concerning Equitable Distribution
- Case Brief: Wilson v. Wilson
- Case Brief: Mullens v. Mullens
Brought to you by:
West Virginia State Bar,
Gary W. Nickerson, Esq.West Virginia State Bar Family Law Committee, and
Kanawha County, West Virginia Family Law Bench Bar Committee
Chair, Andrew S. Nason, Esq.
CONTACT THE EDITOR
Please email guest articles, ideas, points of view, tech tips, etc. to the Newsletter Editor, Brittany Ranson, at Brittany@lyneranson.com or contact by phone at (304) 344-2121.
Thank you for your contribution!