Mac's List, edited by Lori Howell, offers a weekly update on job openings, networking events, and job-hunting resources for professionals in communications, public affairs and other fields in Oregon non-profits, public agencies and politics.
It is published by Prichard Communications every Tuesday afternoon by 3 PM PDT and distributed to several thousand subscribers.
Mac's List is free. Just click here to subscribe, update your contact info, or stop receiving Mac's List altogether
Don't want to wait until Tuesday to see the latest job listings? Follow Mac's List on Twitter where we post job openings as they arrive at our office.
Got a relevant job you want to share? Please use our online form to submit your announcement. There is no charge for this service.
We cannot forward PDFs or other files, so be sure to include a URL to such material.
1) Prichard Communications is filling two positions in Portland. Please apply by May 14:
2) Vestas is hiring a communications specialist in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Apply by May 21.
3) Native American Youth and Family Center is hiring a development director and development assistant in Portland. Both positions are open until filled and salaries are commensurate with experience. Please send a resume and a cover letter along with three professional references to: email@example.com
4) National MS Society, Oregon Chapter is hiring a program manager in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Apply by May 28.
5) World Pulse is hiring a director of philanthropy and events in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes June 7.
6) Oregonians Water, Parks and Wildlife is hiring a part-time grassroots coordinator through June 25 in Portland. Hourly salary is $14.
7) Northwest Institute for Social Change is hiring a part-time summer program assistant to help run a media camp in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Submit a resume and one page cover letter to Phil Busse, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply by May 21.8) Dan Rayfield for State Senate is hiring a field director in Corvallis. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.9) Oregon Partnership is hiring a communications director in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes May 18.
10) University of Oregon is filling two positions in Eugene:
11) The Old Church is hiring a part-time general manager. Annual salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes May 12.
12) Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is filling two positions in Portland. Both positions are open until filled:
13) Upstream Public Health is hiring a campaign manager. Annual salary is $38,000 - $44,000. Please apply by May 17.
14) PKids is hiring a communications expert in Vancouver, WA. Position closes May 25.
15) Children's Cancer Association is hiring a director of marketing and communications in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
16) OHSU Foundation is hiring a director of development in Women's Health in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes May 31.
17) Washington State University Vancouver is hiring a web communications manager/web coordinator in Vancouver, WA. Monthly salary is $3,750. Position closes May 16.
18) SMART (Start Making A Reader Today) is hiring a communications manager in Portland. Salary commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled. 19) The Oregon PTA is hiring an executive director in Portland. Annual salary is $30,000-$42,000. Position closes May 24.
20) Alliance of Portland Neighborhood Business Associations is hiring an executive director. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes May 21.
21) Educational Policy Improvement Center is hiring a web application developer. Salary commensurate with experience. Position open until filled.
22) Portland Public Schools seeks to fill three positions:
23) Kitzhaber 2010 is hiring a regional organizer in Portland. Email short cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
24) Regence is hiring a community investment specialist in Portland - Position
#18025. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes May 5.
25) Oregon Episcopal School is hiring an alumni relations associate. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
26) EnviroIssues is hiring a communications outreach associate in Vancouver, WA. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
|Internships and Volunteer Jobs|
|Helping hands needed... |
June 19 RACE for JUSTICE
This 5K is a fundraiser for St. Andrew Legal Clinic.
Fun Run (¼ & ½ Mile courses)
10:15am: 5k Run/Walk
11:00am: Post-race party with free pizza
Contact Cynthia Gregory at 503.281.1500 x24 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|More Job Resources... |
|Take a job search course and launch your career at the Portland Career Circle|
The go-to resource for the progressive movement is New Organizing Institute (NOI) in Washington DC
Sign up for job postings and attend events through pdxMindShare. idealist.
CascadeLink is a community information network, serving the Portland Metro & Vancouver areas.
Worksource Portland Metro offers a variety of services to expand your opportunities.
Check out the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Portland Metro Chapter job bank.
Visit the International Association of Business Communications (IABC) job bank
|Stats for Week Ending 5/10/2010|
# Total Subscribers 4074 # New Subscribers 77
# Job Views 1875
Open Rate 48%
620 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1205
Portland, Oregon 97204
o. (503) 517-2773
f. (503) 517-2774
620 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1205 Portland, OR 97204
Visit Prichard Communications on the Web
Please take a moment to visit us on the Web. You'll find:
follow us on