Welcome to the Dogwood Digest Archives! This is your chance to catch up on old issues you might have missed. Just click on the link of your choice below to find an inspirational article to encourage you in your walk with God. If you are not currently on our email list, be sure to sign up below. Your email address will be kept confidential, I promise!
|Click here to Join our Mailing List! Enter your email and start receiving weekly newsletters every Tuesday morning. You may unsubscribe at any time.|
- October 21, 2008
- "A Revealing Death": Just as the fall leaves display the pigment that has been present throughout the life of the leaf, so does our dying to self display the new creation within us.
"A Chip Off the Old Block": We will reflect the family characteristics of our earthly and heavenly families by our traits and behavior.
- October 14, 2008
- "Shekhinah Glory": We are the dwelling place for the glory of God, and like Christ, display that glory by our obedience.
"The Evidence Tells the Story": The presence of the Holy Spirit within us is evidenced by the fruit we bear.
- October 7, 2008
- "Press On": Pursuing the prize must be done one step at a time, our eyes on the goal.
"The Rewards of Childbirth": The reward at the end of the struggle is worth it all.
- September 30, 2008
- "Sin is Sin": Only in understanding our need for Christ can we come to Him. We must be careful to remember that each of us entered faith from the same position: helpless and lost.
"Remembering What Might Have Been": Remember our "before" position helps us cultivate a grateful heart and a love for Christ.
- September 23, 2008
- "Limited Perspective": Scripture teaches us there is more at work than what we can see with our eyes. We can trust God with our circumstances.
"The Rock of Gibraltar": The picture of God as a rock teaches us about His solid and reassuring presence.
- September 16, 2008
- "Sharing in the Struggle": Allowing others to see us in the struggle is an effective way to encourage them in their own walk.
"It's Not About the Messenger": Our effectiveness for Christ is not about us. We are mere messengers. The power is in the message itself.
- September 9, 2008
- "Security for a Promise": Our bridegroom has given us a seal to guarantee our eternity with Him.
"The Bridegroom": A look at the metaphor of the church as the bride.
- September 2, 2008
- "That's Not Fair": God does not always act as we believe He should.
"When the Horse Is Blind": Sometimes following God is a lesson in blind obedience.
- August 26, 2008
- "The Crucible of Suffering": Suffering is a means to an end.
"A Diamond in the Rough": God is cutting facets in His precious stones to allow His glory to be reflected.
- August 19, 2008
- "As Numerous as Grains of Sand": The big and small things in our lives are carefully tended to by a God who is never overwhelmed by the details.
"Is God Too Busy?": Limiting God in our perceptions.
- August 12, 2008
- "A Lesson from a Roadside Rescue": A reminder of God's intimate involvement in our lives.
"Deliverance from Ourselves": God is at work transforming us into the image of Christ.
- August 5, 2008
- "The Importance of the Process": Character, rather than accomplishment, needs to be our priority.
"A Sweet Aroma": God uses us to display His perfect glory.
- July 29, 2008
- "A Cinderella Story": It only makes sense to dress like who we are in Christ.
"No Matter What": God's love has NEVER been unconditional.
- July 22, 2008
- "The Obligation of Obedience": Our standing with God will not be affected by our obedience nor lack of it.
"Going for the Oreos": Choosing the path that is the best thing.
- July 15, 2008
- "Seeing the Value in Embarrassment": Finding the benefit of humility
"Weakness is an Opportunity": Feeling weak and doubting our own ability is a good place to land.
- July 8, 2008
- "The Fleeting Fun of Sin": The thrill of sin always leaves us wanting.
"A Slippery Slope": A spiritual downhill spiral is difficult to avoid.
- July 1, 2008
- "The Casual Mistake": Approaching God with faulty expectations
"Scared Straight": God will not sit by and idly watch us self-destruct.
- June 24, 2008
- "The Glory of God's Goodness": God is good ALL of the time-- even when circumstances make us doubt Him.
"Doubting the Goodness of God": Doubting the goodness of God is at the root of much of our sin.
- June 17, 2008
- "A Predetermined Victory": The outcome of the battle is already decided.
"The Crowd of Witnesses": A crowd of those who have gone before us cheer us on at the finish line.
- June 10, 2008
- "If Only We Knew": Trusting God becomes easier the better we know Him.
"Good Intentions": The key to obedience is being motivated by love.
- June 3, 2008
- "Equipped to Serve": How God has prepared us to serve in His kingdom.
"Someone Who Understands": Jesus gets us and has been there.
- May 27, 2008
- The newsletter that started it all!
"From Caterpillar to Butterfly": God is transforming us into the image of Christ.
"Mommy Guilt": Getting past the guilt of our shortcomings.
519 Mystic Lane
Arnold, Maryland 21012