Pass the pie |
While you were stuffing the turkey (or yourself), these five congregations were using Thanksgiving as an opportunity to bless their communities.
Co-op cares for rural poor |
In a region where the poverty rate climbs as high as 70 percent, eight United Methodist churches formed a parish to provide services for people in need. (UMNS)
Paying the preacher |
A new report shows that average salaries for United Methodist pastors grew faster than the inflation rate over the last decade. (UM Communications)
New seminary fund|
The Rev. Doug and Carolyn Fairbanks donated $30,000 to establish The Carolyn And Doug Fairbanks, Jr. Scholarship for Seminary.
- Great Christmas gifts: Making your list? Download this booklet, "Give the Gift of Hope for the Children of Sudan," for alternative gift ideas.
- Caregiving grants: Applications for Committee on Older Adult Ministries grants are due Jan. 15.
More from holston.org ...
- SEJ Clergywomen's Consultation is April 4-7 in Atlanta. Early bird registration deadline is today, Dec. 1!
- Today is World AIDS Day: The Global AIDS Fund supports education, prevention, care, and treatment for people living with HIV/AIDS around the globe. But it also specifies that 25 percent of what each annual conference raises should be used in that conference. Give now.
More from umc.org ...
- Need a new church website? TechShop has partnered with template website providers, E-Zekiel and OurChurch.Com, which will provide web designs at discounts to United Methodist churches. Plan prices range from $6 to $58 per month.
More calendar items...