Molly Green Fresh
Get your copy for free!
asked, we listened! You want great, tasty recipes with simple, fresh
ingredients. Get ready then to "freshen up" and bask in the best of
Enjoy 22 pages of fresh and easy recipes, fabulous household tips, and
more! Full-color, eye-catching photos with each easy-to-use
Get your FREE copy of Molly Green Fresh
A Look Back at the October 2009 Digest
You're not afraid of the big bad wolf, are you?
During the Great Depression, many people closely identified with the story of the Three Little Pigs. Today, many are comparing that time period with the economic downturn of the present day. Regardless of how accurate the comparison is . . .
"This really is a season of opportunity to rethink our resources and re-evaluate our needs, repair what we can, and rejoice in all that we've been given."
This month's Molly's Digest explores the resourcefulness and ingenuity that are still alive and well in 2009. The special feature for October is:
What Can We Learn From the Great Depression?
Order this past Digest today by clicking HERE.
12-Week Holiday Planner
Don't wait until the last minute! Use this planner to prepare for Thanksgiving and Christmas without all the rush. This planner lets you focus on the meaning of the season without being overwhelmed by the stress of it.
Join Me at Blog Frog
Here are the latest discussions happening in my Blog Frog Community!
To comment, just click on each link.
|Your blog or business here!
Email me for our very affordable rates and advertising options.
Fall is officially here! Can you believe how quickly it arrived? Make the season a memorable one for your family by forgoing the video games and taking a few day trips to some of your favorite fall spots instead!This week I share a few of my favorite fall day trips--from the pumpkin patch, to hiking, to a visit to an apple orchard! There are so many things to see and do.If you need more ideas on what to do for vacation, "day"cations or even "stay"cations, be sure and check out my past Digest--Frugal Family Vacations.
From the Blog
If you missed visiting the blog this week, you'll want to check out the posts below.
- Grab a free copy of Letters to Godwhile supplies last and make it a pizza and movie night!
- Instead of throwing out peanut butter and mayonnaise jars, use them for storage like I did! This is especially helpful if you're trying to handle lots of gluten-free flours and such.
- If you want to try your hand at homemade garlic bread, try this quick and easy recipe from the Hillbilly Housewife.
- Do you ever wonder what coupons are in an All You magazine? I took the time to share them all with you so you can determine if a subscription is right for you.
- I tried making my first gluten-free pizza crust with great success! Read this post for the recipe and to see how I deal with "The Three Bears" pizza problem.
- I found a couple of great deals that I wanted to pass on to you before they're gone. Click this link to find out what they are.
- Thanks to the Homemaker's Challenge that I have been participating in, I found three neat outfits hanging out in my closet that I did not even know existed!
- And as always, Freebie Fridays has tons of great freebies for you to grab.
Hi Molly Members! I hope you are enjoying our October member freebies! Be sure to make sure your membership email is correct in aMember. This allows me to send you a quick email about one day freebies like the Gifts in a Jar ebook that ran last week. That way if you miss reading the blog, you'll still be notified. For those of you who have yet to join our wonderful program, here's a peek at one of the freebies for this month. And don't forget, if you don't want to sign up for the monthly subscription you can also purchase a prepaid 12 month membership.Along with our free downloads, the Member Pages include a main resource page that is filled with links, sites, and resources to help you save in every area of your life. Looking for a coupon, need to book a flight, heard about a book you'd love to own? Our Member Pages show you how to do it as inexpensively as possible. Don't forget to check here before making any purchases!See you there. If you haven't joined us yet, be sure to check it out!
|Hey, I Can Make That!
While on your fall outings, be sure and take lots of photos so you can create this adorable photo collage. Many artists nowadays are repurposing old window frames for decor projects--why not do the same with those precious photos?
Window Frame Collage
|Photo courtesy of HGTV|
To access this tutorial, simply visit HGTV.com.
Ideas From Around the Web
Here are some fun websites that are brimming with fall day trip ideas. Check them out and have a great time making memories!
- EHow has some ideas on how to create a neighborhood fall festival. This would be a great opportunity for a "stay"cation and to polish those hospitality skills.
- Most national parks have free admission or days when they offer free admission. Spend time visiting some of your state's fine parks. End the day with a picnic lunch, and you will have created a wonderful memory.
- If you are not sure whether there is a pumpkin patch close to your area, visit this site to find out. They have listings by state and area.
- All About Apples has a great resource for finding an apple orchard in your area.
In the Kitchen
|photo courtesy of allrecipes.com|
Turkey Sandwich With Spicy Avocado
I found this yummy recipe on AllRecipes.com. I love avocado on my sandwiches. Make a few of these to take with you while you are out and about. They'll make a perfect, extra-special picnic sandwich.
2 fully ripened avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce, or more to taste
8 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
8 ounces sliced cooked turkey
1 large ripe tomato, sliced
1 cup alfalfa sprouts
Recipe reprinted with permission.
- In a large bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, salt and chipotle sauce. Spread the mixture on each bread slice.
- Top four of the bread slices with turkey, tomato, and sprouts, dividing equally; cover with the remaining bread slices. Garnish with sliced avocado, if desired.
Molly's Money-Saving Digest
No domestic subject is too dirty for Molly to tackle!
Put more than crisp clean clothes into your time and money-saving basket!
It's not just laundry lessons included in this helpful issue. It's all about home and family-repurposed projects, raising responsible children, creative cooking, investing wisely, enjoying and appreciating God's gifts, and encouraging one another.
- Kids can learn laundry basics too!
- Spend as little as 3 cents per soap load!
- Repurpose planned leftovers into brand new meals!
- Feather your nest with a fabulous feathered friends' wall hanging!
- Make plans for International Frugal Fun Day-October 2nd!
- Fashion a sweet dress for sister, sewn from two salvaged shirts!
October's special feature is: Socks, Suds, and Savings
Do your kids play leap frog over the soiled mounds at your house? Get them involved in a practical way. Approach it with the right attitude and maybe something good will emerge. And if you think you can't learn something new, think again!
- Learn to love the laundry; is it possible?
- Investigate three things that helped Molly simplify and reduce the time and money spent on laundry.
- Learn to manage the endless flow; find what works for you.
- Alter your laundry room's personality and make room for a change!
- Discover essential knowledge about laundry appliances! Enjoy links including a laundry cost calculator and how to make your own off-grid washing machine!
- Research homemade laundry soap; get links to lots of basic economical formulas!
- Find favorite recipes for homemade stain removers and fabric softeners from around the internet.
- Want more than one way to dry clothes? Try out a few of these frugal indoor drying ideas!
- Need an ironing alternative? Try this unique time-saving trick!
- Thought of green cleaning gift giving? Implement nifty laundry-related projects and thoughtful gift ideas!
Click HERE to view a sample of this item. Buy it HERE.
Want to save even more? Subscribe to a Molly Membership! For only $3.95 a month (cancel any time!), you receive not only the monthly Molly's Money-Saving Digest, but also much more! Purchase NOW!
Don't forget, you can download a free Molly binder cover from the Schoolhouse Store!