* We posted regular updates on our Facebook page during the storm. Because our phone line was down and we had no power, this was the only way we could communicate with you. Please take a moment to check out our Facebook page and 'like' us. It is a great resource for you.
* We at 229 Charles Street lost power for a full week but suffered no structural or water damage. We are very grateful for that.
* We resumed seeing patients on Monday, November 5th, 2012 and have added some days to our schedule to accommodate the patients that could not come in last week and those that may have to reschedule a future appointment due to post-storm related work demands. I cancelled an Implant course in Virginia that I was scheduled to attend this Thursday through Saturday and am available to see you this entire week.
* Please note the following days and times that have been added to our schedule and are currently being booked for appointments.
- Thursday November 8th, 2012 Evening hours
- Saturday November 10th, 2012 8am-1pm
- Tuesday November 13th, 2012 7:30am-2pm
* If you still are without power, please stop by 229 Charles Street for a hot cup of coffee , to charge appliances, pick up toothbrushes and toothpaste and relax and visit with us in the warm office.
* November and December are busy months at the office. Please call and schedule your treatment as soon as possible so we may see you before the end of the year.
* This is also the time when many companies allow their employees to put money into health savings accounts (Flex Benefits). If you know that you need treatment, don't hesitate to reach out and review your health plan with us so you may take advantage of your flex account. While we are not tax planners, please keep in mind that there are new limits for Flex Spending Accounts in 2013 as a result of the new healthcare legislation.
* Just a reminder, if you do not use your dental benefits by December 2012, you will lose them. They do not carry over (in most cases) to the next year. This also applies to Flex Spending Accounts, which are "use it or lose it" type accounts.
* We wanted to share the holiday schedule with you in advance. The office will be closed from the afternoon of December 21st, 2012 and reopening on the morning of January 2nd, 2013. There will be emergency care available during that period.
We hope that the coming weeks are of healing and renewal. This storm was just one more reminder that life should be about the important things. Our health and wellness are at the top of the list, and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve you.