2012 DSU Highlights
- Offering Lunch on the Lawn for DMS students for a breathe fresh air, exercise and to blow off steam to improve afternoon learning capacity
- Creating a new Alden "OverTime" program for a small group of Alden students to stay till 5pm with tutoring help, enrichment and community service projects
- Empowering girls to be strong and responsible physically, emotionally and socially with Girls Night Out morphing into an amazing girl's empowerment program inspired by female role models like hero Razia Jan, DHS mentors and graduates, fitness and nutrition from Duxbury's own girl power guru Katie Grossman and more to come
- Forging many new community partnerships with local businesses and non profit organizations for youth to learn more about how they can impact their community and beyond
- Enhancing the 8th grade Promotion dance in conjunction with the DMS PTA
- Celebrating Duxbury's 375th Birthday at DSU Annual Summer Fest
- Extending DSU fun into summer with new Summer Camp and cooling off at Percy Walker Pool
- Navigating social media with easy to understand workshops for youth and adults
- Winning the coveted South Shore Living's award for Best Place to host kids parties
- Asking the unthinkable - give up your Halloween candy for the troops and boy did you, in truckloads!
- Honoring our local hero, Razia Jan, and learning about worldwide barriers to education
- Learning from Jonathan Woods of the Under the Tree Foundation that anyone can make a difference and give back, no matter how young.
- Immobilizing support for those in need: Hurricane Sandy supplies, Duxbury Interfaith Council brownies for baskets, Jimmy Fund
Your end-of-year donation to DSU is greatly appreciated!
Thank you to all the Friends, BFF's, Mentors and Visionaries who have already joined the DSU Leadership Society to help us continue to offer positive experiences year round to nurture Duxbury youth to be compassionate and thoughtful contributors in our community and beyond
Please be as generous as you can and DONATE today!
Dropping the Ball Dance for 7th and 8th Grade January 4th
Ring in the New Year at DSU's Dropping the Ball Dance. Celebrate New Year across the globe from Sydney to San Francisco.
This Friday January 4th at 7:30 to 9:30pm. Tickets on sale at lunch Thursday and Friday $15.
No early arrivals please, appropriate attire required.
DSU Code of Conduct in effect at all events.