BUY THE NUMBERS! Based on the numbers this is the time to buy and sell. How is this possible you ask? Here's what's been going on in San Antonio real estate:
1. The San Antonio Housing Market was at a six-year high this year. Home sellers are seeing more multiple offers.
2. San Antonio sales prices increased 6% in 2013. The average days on market for a home was 78 in 2013. That's 11 days fewer than in 2012!
3. Foreclosures were at an 11 year low falling 41.5% from 2012 to 2013.
4. Construction in November increased by 23% since last November. Building Confidence also increased to an 8yr. high. Home buyers are finding inventory low giving them reason to offer more in their home offers.
5. Over the first nine months of 2013, a total of 86 luxury homes were sold in the greater San Antonio area, an 18 percent increase from the number of luxury homes sold between January and October of 2012. Home buyers are starting to feel more confident investing more in their home purchase.
6. Job openings reached a five-year high in December 2013. Foreclosures were at a six-year low. This is great for home buyers and sellers and a good sign for the San Antonio economy.
7. The average home price in 2013 was $207,884.