Helicopter Association International (HAI) is dedicated to providing its members with services that directly benefit their operations, and to advancing the international helicopter community by providing programs that enhance safety and encourage professionalism and economic viability while promoting the unique contributions vertical flight offers society. HAI represents more than 3,800 member organizations and annually produces HAI HELI-EXPO®, the world's largest trade show and exposition dedicated to vertical flight.
HAI is seeking to fill the full-time position of Vice President of Operations. This position is located in Alexandria, Va., at the HAI headquarters building. The vice president of operations is responsible for overseeing all areas of the Department, including safety, flight operations, regulations, maintenance, and international affairs.
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not Limited To -
- Directing the short-and long-term goals and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the HAI Operations Department
- Representing HAI at industry and government meetings at the regional, state, federal, and international level
- Communicating with the HAI membership, committees, and other outside entities regarding government regulations, laws, and industry policies and practices
- Overseeing the continued development, implementation, and management of the HAI Accreditation Program of Safety
- Providing oversight of flight operation activities at the association's annual trade show and exposition, HAI HELI-EXPO
- Contributing content for use in HAI's printed and electronic publications
- Coordinating with other aviation associations and industry stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements for the Position Include -
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Ten or more years of related helicopter safety background, operations, training, and experience
- Certificated helicopter pilot and/or maintenance technician
- Previous association or not-for-profit experience preferred
- Familiarization with auditing protocols and accreditation programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in creating and delivering written proposals and public presentations
- Team player with proven ability to manage, mentor, and motivate staff
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in developing and administering departmental budgets
- Research, data analysis, and report writing experience
- Detail oriented, self-starter, with strong organizational, leadership, and time management skills
- Ability to travel if necessary
The above qualifications and requirements are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should submit their materials online. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. This position is located in Alexandria, Va. Flextime and telecommuting are not available. All candidates are subject to background screening and drug testing. Please email email@example.com with additional questions.
Helicopter Association International Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Helicopter Association International
1920 Ballenger Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia 22314-2898
T 703-683-4646 | F 703-683-4745