Helicopter Association International (HAI) is dedicated to providing its members with services that directly benefit their operations, and to advancing the international helicopter community by providing programs that enhance safety, encourage professionalism and economic viability while promoting the unique contributions vertical flight offers society. HAI has more than 3,800 member organizations and annually produces HAI HELI-EXPO®, the world's largest trade show and exposition dedicated to helicopters.
HAI is seeking to fill the full-time position of Director of Safety. This position is located in Alexandria, VA at the HAI headquarters building. The Director of Safety is responsible for developing new safety initiatives as well as managing existing initiatives for HAI members and the international helicopter community.
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Developing, implementing, and managing HAI's voluntary accreditation program that helps helicopter operators reduce accident rates and improve safety cultures
- Serving as the HAI representative on various industry, government, and international safety boards, task forces, and meetings
- Providing safety supervision for all flight activities at the association's annual trade show and exposition, HAI HELI-EXPO
- Collecting, researching, and analyzing helicopter safety and accident data for subsequent statistical reporting
- Serving as staff liaison for multiple HAI committees
- Contributing content for use in HAI's print and electronic publications
- Developing and implementing new HAI industry safety initiatives
- Developing responses to proposed safety-related regulations and legislative initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements for the Position Include:
- College or advanced degree related to aviation safety and/or management
- Minimum seven years of related helicopter safety background, training, and experience
- Certificated helicopter pilot and/or maintenance technician
- Previous experience with helicopter or other aviation-related organization(s)
- Familiarization with auditing protocols and accreditation programs
- A passionate commitment to the promotion of helicopter safety
- Previous association or not-for-profit experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with significant experience in creating and delivering written proposals and public presentations
- Proven ability to develop and manage comprehensive annual budgets
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Team player, with proven ability to manage, mentor, and motivate staff
- Detail oriented, self-starter, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel
The above qualifications and requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should submit their materials online. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. All positions are located in Alexandria, VA. Flextime and telecommuting are not available. All candidates are subject to background screening and drug testing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
Helicopter Association International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Helicopter Association International
1920 Ballenger Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia 22314-2898
T 703-683-4646 | F 703-683-4745
www.rotor.org | heliexpo.rotor.org