Safety Manager (Ground) - 150000O3
The continuing safety of Emirates Ground Operations is fundamental to the success of the company. It is essential that Heads of Department be provided with accurate, and impartial, advice and information on current standards of operational safety in the airline at DXB and outstations.
The Safety Manager - Ground and their staff provide a capability to investigate, oversee, report, advise and inform on all aspects of safety related to aircraft ground operational matters within the airline. They also provide independent opinion on operational safety issues, to assist and advise senior management and other staff, in achieving a continuous improvement in Emirates Group Safety Performance. They will be able to provide detailed trend analysis of all areas of ground operations and be influential in introducing mitigations and safety improvements in this business area.
- Ensures a comprehensive capability exists for detecting and investigating actual and potential unsafe events that occur to Emirates Aircraft and staff. Works cross functionally to establishing and maintaining a non-punitive, reporting and control system to monitor the safety performance of Emirates Ground Operations, to ensure that the highest standard of safety are consistently achieved.
- Provides management with analysed data of personnel, equipment and aircraft ground accident and incident trends, to alert Departmental Heads and the Group Safety management of adverse indications.
- Ensure that all accidents and selected serious incidents are thoroughly investigated and followed up. Also, that the findings and appropriate recommendations are formally submitted to the relevant Department Heads,
- Acts as a member of the Sky Cargo and EKAS Safety Boards. Chair the Ground Safety Liaison Group.
Qualifications & Experience
- Medical/Safety. Flight Safety : 8+ Years
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Relevant to a safety investigation role or equivalent specialised professional qualifications such as Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer; or Airline Transport Pilots Licence; Cabin Crew or Licensed Air Traffic Controller; along with an Aircraft Accident Investigator qualification.
- Aviation industry experience; including carrying out safety investigations and demonstrating strong technical report writing skills.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave, health care packages, accommodation and more.
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel
Please submit your application before 9th April 2015 23:59 GMT + 4 hours