NTSB Helicopter Accident Investigation (AS103)
This one week course being held at the National Transportation Safety Board Training Center in Ashburn Virginia on June 15-19, 2015 provides participants with a comprehensive overview of the procedures and methods used and the skills required with all aspects of helicopter accident investigation. Examples from recent investigations will be used to demonstrate particular aspects of the investigative process.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the mission, authority, and structure of the NTSB
- Discuss NTSB investigative processes and procedures
- Understand basic helicopter structure and aerodynamics
- Define the major aspects of helicopter investigations at an accident scene
- Distinguish the difference between structural failures that may have caused the accident and structural damage that occurred as a result of the accident
- Confidently interact with the media at the accident site and during the on-going investigation
Tuition is $2,100 by May 10, 2015 and $2,200 between May 11 to June 10, 2015.
For further information and to register for the course, please visit: