Things You Want to Know
Fire and water damage can often result in some serious mold issues if not taken care of right away. Mold can quickly grow and spread, causing permanent property damage and even health problems.
The faster you take action, the better chance there is to resolve the issue and restore your property.
In the unfortunate event of mold damage, make sure to remember these few points to help keep your property from serious damage:
* Identify and eliminate the water source;
* Completely dry the affected areas;
* Keep the mold from spreading to non-contaminated areas;
* Kill the mold using specialized equipment and cleaning products;
* Remove the dead mold; and,
* Protect the clean area against future mold infestations.
Prolonged exposure to mold can result in harmful physical side effects. It's important to rely on qualified mold remediation teams to treat any mold on your property.
Ask An Expert
What You Want to Know
We all know untreated mold is really ugly, but is it actually harmful?
Mold exposure can cause cold-like symptoms, respiratory problems, sinus and nasal congestion, skin irritations, coughing, and has been known to trigger asthma attacks.
In rare cases, even lung disease and death have been reported.