Workshop: Mastercam X7 Tool Manager
Thursday August 29, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM PDT
MCAM Northwest, Inc.
Webinar: Mastercam X7 Tool Manager
Tuesday September 3, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM PDT
GoToMeeting - online
Workshop: Using X7 Machine Simulation and the Mastercam Simulator
Thursday September 12, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM PDT
MCAM Northwest, Inc.
Webinar: Using X7 Machine Simulation and the Mastercam Simulator
Tuesday September 17, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM PDT
GoToMeeting - online
Do you currently own SolidWorks, ProE or Inventor? Receive Data Exchange Packages 1 & 2 at No Charge with purchase of SpaceClaim Engineer and Subscription.
Not a current user of the above products? Discounts are available for both SpaceClaim Engineer and Data Exchange Packages.
Contact Tori at email@example.com with questions or if you'd like a quote.
Offer expires September 30, 2013
We provide training for the following products:
- MCAM's training is always custom, one instructor, one company in our classroom at a time. This provides you with a tailored training experience that allows us to focus on your specific training goals. We recommend using your parts and designs instead of samples but we also have a very large and diverse library of training examples.
- We are happy to sign NDA's for training on proprietary part designs.
- Our classroom at MCAM, Oregon City has (6) training systems, all loaded with the latest version of software. We have an overhead projector for the instructor.
- We also provide training on-site for up to (6) people per session.
- As of July 1, 2013 our current rate is $150/ Hr - Flat rate (not per person Max (6) people.
- Classes are 6 hours with a 1 hour lunch break. 1st session is 9am to noon, 2nd session is 1pm to 4pm. For On-Site, these hours can be adjusted.
Streamingteacher - Click here to visit Streamingteacher.com
- We utilize Streamingteacher courseware exclusively for the Mastercam study materials. Each student must have Streamingteacher subscription in order to attend our custom classes. Streamingteacher provides over 150 hours of classroom study material, examples, projects and sample files that are utilized during our training and are recommended for continued learning after the completion of our class at MCAM.
- GotoMeeting training/ consulting is available and utilized frequently here at MCAM. We provide this at this at the same hourly rate as custom training. This allows you to connect with us for custom training and consulting without the added expense of travel. (High Speed Internet Connection Required)
- Call MCAM for details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this page as a PDF
MASTERCAM: Tech Tips
X7 Simulator (Verify) Accuracy
In the past the Verify in Mastercam displayed a very accurate representation of the toolpath. This worked well on many of the toolpaths, however for complex Multi-Axis & Surfacing toolpaths, or large complex models, it did not work well and sometimes would not work at all. To resolve this CNC has changed to the new Simulator in X7. The Simulator scales the accuracy of the model based on its size so large models can be better displayed. It no longer tries to accurately show every tool cusp for Surfacing or Multi-Axis toolpaths. If you need to see that level of detail here are some options:
- Use a Stock Model in X7 set a high level of accuracy (best accuracy).
- Use Machine Simulation.
- Adjust the precision for the Simulator. In the "my mcamx7" folder there is a file named "MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml". Open that file in a text editor and change the tag "<PrecisionFactor>1.0</PrecisionFactor>" to a value between 1.0 and 2.5. Restart X7 and the Simulator will display a higher degree of precision.
Moving X7 Shared Files to a Network Location
For the first time with the release of X7 Mastercam provides a means to allow us to easily direct the shared folders to a location of our choice. The X7 shared folder should only be relocated to a network location by one of the following methods:
- During the initial install
- From Settings > Configuration.
If you need to move the folder after X7 has been installed, go to Settings >Configuration > Files> Shared data folder. Then click on the browse icon to select the Network drive that you would like. Once at the location where you want the shared files to be at select "Make New Folder". Name the folder. This can be named anything, however we recommend using the "shared mcamx7" folder name. Then click OK and wait. Mastercam will copy all files needed. Once complete you do not have to do anything else. All files should be pointed to the correct locations. If the shared folders were copied from within Settings > Configuration, you should rename the original folder to prevent it being confused with the new one.
Verisurf X7 High point routine
Verisurf has expanded it's feature point capabilities to measure high points of surfaces. By selecting "Feature Point" when in point measuring mode you can gather as many points as you want and only the "Highest" point relative to the projected plane you choose will be used in future calculations. By combining this with the continuous point measurement mode you can cover an arc or irregular surface and only record the highest point to be used for any of Verisurf's measurement functions.
SPACECLAIM: Tech Tips
To extract a single solid from an assembly to load into Mastercam (For systems that have both installed):