5 Tips to Truly Relax on Vacation
Visit Jill's Blog
Vacations are a time for relaxation, fun, and stress-free living with the people who mean the most to you. Camping can provide that perfect mixture of fun activities and quiet serenity that you need to truly enjoy and relax on vacation. Unfortunately, with busy, always-on-the-go lives that we have when we aren't camping, sometimes the stress and looming responsibilities can carry over into your precious vacation time. It can often take days to finally unwind enough to enjoy yourself and by that time, your vacation is half-way over. Here are 5 ways to relax on vacation from the get-go to make sure you make the most of every minute.
1. Give yourself buffer days: If possible, give yourself a day before and after your vacation. The day before will allow you to take care of any business at home or work before you leave, and the day after will allow you to transition back into work-mode after a week of fun and care-free living.
2. Enjoy the journey to your vacation: Especially when you're camping, there is sometimes a long process from the time you leave your house to the time you actually get to take a breath and relax. You have to get the camper ready, drive, check in, set up the camper at the campsite, and make sure everything is set and ready to go for your stay. While this could easily add stress to your routine, make this fun and lighthearted. The more you enjoy the process of getting there, the more you'll enjoy the actual time there.
3. Get everyone's top 3 activities: With a family to entertain, there can be a lot going on that makes the vacation more stressful than needed. Before arriving, or just upon arriving, ask everyone what their top 3 things to do are. That way you can cater and plan to make everyone happy without arguments or conflicts. Don't forget about yourself!
4. Schedule some down time: There are tons of activities and things to keep the family going, having fun, and enjoying the camping experience. But don't forget about the down time! Taking a break (or three) to just breathe and do something quiet. You never want to get burned out, so take the time to rejuvenate! Relax by the pool with a book, take a yoga class, or treat yourself to an amazing massage in our Wellness Center.
5. Be flexible and go with the flow: The most memorable moments are often the simple things. When you don't over-schedule and allow for moments to just happen, that's when the best memories are made.