Staying Healthy and Active while Camping
You may have already adopted a healthy routine into your daily life, or maybe you're looking to start. Either way, something that can always disrupt that routine is vacationing. When you're on vacation, especially when it's a camping vacation, taking the time to relax, alleviate some stress, and spend quality time with the people you love are what's most important. The problem is that some people feel that their healthy, active routine is no longer important at all. While it shouldn't be your top priority, it's crucial to keep up with your healthy routine while you're camping because getting "back on the horse" after multiple days off can be harder than actually sticking with it. Here are some tips on how to stay healthy and active despite not being home while being on vacation.
1. Keep track: It's possible that you are already keeping a food journal of some kind at home, so this won't be that difficult.
2. Prepare healthy food: One of the best parts about a camping vacation is that you get to cook for yourself most of the time.
3. Use the gym: A lot of campgrounds, ours included, have gyms or fitness centers that offer many of the same equipment you would use in the gyms at home!
4. Don't use the gym: Who said you had to use the gym? If you don't want to feel like you're still at home, why not take advantage of the place you're in and exercise other ways? You could swim in the pool, or bike ride with the kids! You can go for a run around the perimeter of the park or play with your dog in the dog park. Being active while you're camping is a lot easier (and fun) than you think!
5. Participate in Activities: Especially at our park, there are TONS of outdoor, active activities.
6. Relax!!!!!: Vacations are all about relaxing, but in today's busy, hectic world, some people forget this and make their vacations more stressful than their daily lives! Happy Camping!
Thank you for requesting our newsletter where we keep you informed about upcoming events, promotions, and much more!
Happy New Year!
We wish you and your family a very happy new year and we hope to see you camping in the spring!
|Chairman of ARVC
Congratulations to Marcia Galvin, Human Resources Director at Normandy Farms, who was elected to serve as Chairman of the Board for the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds. Marcia takes office 25 years after her father, Albert Daniels, served in the same position.
|CCA Program 2014
Here's a review of the benefits:
- 10% discount on campsites (cannot be combined with other discounts).
- No advance deposits required (see form for just a few exclusions).
- Exclusive access to 2015 reservations (date to be determined, invitation to follow).
- You will be able to join a wait list so that if a site becomes available for a desired time frame, we will notify you. Please note, the wait list is ONLY for CCA guests.
- Enjoy early check in or late check out if the site is available.
- During our peak season, you won't have to print your vehicle pass as we'll have it waiting for you at the Hospitality Station.
In order to participate in the CCA program for 2014, there is a $50 annual fee. To take advantage of the benefits, please complete the following form.
Program benefits, cost, restrictions, and rules are subject to change.
Congratulations to Tracy Dolan and Dan Skurka who got engaged on the Normandy Farms ball field!
|Spring Spectacular 2014|
Apr 1 - Memorial Day
Let Normandy Farms be your home away from home. Just say "no" to spring cleaning this year and go camping instead, less crowds means more room for you! Select from available sites and stay situated from April 1st thru Memorial Day.
- Unlimited Camping with activities every weekend
- Indoor heated pool, jacuzzi, sauna, fitness center
- Includes school vacation week and Memorial Day weekend
- Fewer people means more room for you!
- $1140 for two people + $150 w/sewer + $120 w/cable*
- $1490 for a family (1 or 2 adults and their unmarried dependent children) + $150 w/sewer +$120 w/cable*
*Electric is metered
Limited availability for sewer sites. $100 deposit due Memorial Day for the following season and payment in full is due by March 1. One month's notice is required for cancellation. Payments must be made via cash or check.
|2015 Reservations |
Don't forget to mark your calendar for Saturday, March 15th when we'll begin taking reservations for 2015! Yep, that's right 2015. We look forward to seeing you soon!
December - March (CLOSED FOR CAMPING)
While we are closed for camping, our Reception Center will be open from 10am-5pm Monday - Friday (Closed Saturday & Sunday).
|Add Years to Your Life|
WITH PHYSICAL ACTIVITY!
Researchers from the Brigham and Women's Hospital and the National Cancer Institute quantified how much LIFE adults gain by regularly engaging in physical activity.
Their meta-analysis was published in PLOS Medicine (2012; 9 (11); e1001335. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001335).
*Low amounts of activity-such as 75 minutes of walking per week-resulted in a gain of 1.8 years of life, compared with no activity.
*At least 150 minutes of physical activity per week yielded 3.4-4.5 extra years of life. (Two Yoga classes OR BEST Bodies and Better Bones & Balance classes with a 30 minute walk will get 150 minutes of activity in your week!)
*Being active in addition to having a normal weight was associated with an extra life expectancy of 7.2 years.
"... Participation in leisure time physical activity ... is associated with a reduced risk of mortality compared to participation in no leisure time physical activity," reported the authors.
Adapted from Leisure-Time Physical Activity Adds Years To Your Life by Ryan Halvorson, IDEA Health & Fitness Association.
Birthdays and Anniversaries!
Barbara Harris 1/6, Cassidy Harrison 1/7, Natalie Fertitta 1/13, Nicole Parmeggiani 1/16, Caryn Bullen 1/16, Dave Rebello 1/20, Inez Keyes 1/22, John Bondaruk 1/24, Krystle Thyng 1/28.
Verda Larsson & Danny Conroy 2/1, Evan Bryant 2/5, Frankie Richard 2/7, Ronald Barbour 2/9, Jessica Russell 2/9, Dick Gove 2/11, Alexander Sinclair V. 2/12, Mike Iacobacci 2/22, Paul Biagi 2/23, George Kear 2/23, Lorraine Frechette, 2/25, Meredith Starr 2/25, Kathy Testa 2/25, Irene Slezak 2/25, Bob Daniels 2/26, Kevin Clifford 2/27.
Jeff & Sherry Williams 2/26
|2005 Beaver For Sale - $105000|
400 Quad SLD, 400 Cat C-9 Engine, 45,000 miles, Non-smoking/no pets, 4 slides, new 2013 aqua hot water heating system, 4 door refrigerator with ice maker, air assisted suspension, air leveling system, two 15,000 BTU central/ducted AC, washer/dryer combo, 8 KW diesel generator, 2,000 watt inverter, full body paint, rear vision camera/monitor, security system, light maple cabinetry upgrade, aluminum RV wheels, 16' carefree power awning with auto wind sensor, power entry door awning, 2012 slide topper awnings, 6 way power seats, solar panel and battery charger, tile upgrade in bath and kitchen, power roof vents with rain sensor, trailer hitch, loaded with every upgrade option. If interested, please call Al 508-294-4164. Click here for more pictures.
|We look forward to providing you and your family with the finest services and amenities for a truly memorable camping experience.|
The Daniels Family