When should a parent contact a school counselor?
- When your student is having difficulty achieving academically.
- When family changes interfere with academic progress.
- When you want to arrange a meeting with all of your student's teachers.
- When you need help interpreting tests and school records.
- When you would like to check on your child's progress towards graduation.
- When you need help planning for college, career, or other post-graduation options.
A student can request an appointment with his or her counselor at the reception desk in the Counseling Office before school, after school and during lunch. The counselor will send for the student as soon as possible if he or she is not immediately available. Parents can call the Counseling Office during office hours to schedule an appointment.
The National Art Honor Society of DHS is excited to work with the Habitat for Humanity- Restore to create a work of art to bring about social awareness about housing and homelessness.
The work is being created out of donated cabinet doors. The final work will go on exhibition at either the airport or the Carter Center. As part of the art piece we are collecting keys to hang from the work.
If you have any old keys please send them to room 404.