|Utah Water Week May 4 - 10|
Utah Water Week is designated to raise awareness about the importance of water in Utah. Water Quality Extension is partnering with the Intermountain Section of American Water Works Association to help promote events across Utah. These include:
· Water fairs
· Utah Water Watch trainings
· Garden tours
· Water treatment plant tours
Utah Water Watch volunteers are encouraged to monitor their site this week to get a snapshot of water quality data from across the state. Click here for program information and events. Click here for even more information.
|High School Students Win with Wildlife Education
- In March, Iron County students Austin Palmer and Dusty Hone won second place at the State Agro-Science Fair competition in Logan. They presented their research on greater sage-grouse, conducted as part of the Wildlife Research Education Network.
The Wildlife Research Education Network (WREN) was developed by Nicki Frey, USU Extension wildlife specialist, to connect high school students to wildlife research and management ongoing in their "backyards." Click here to read more.
Kelly Kopp Named AWE Chair
- Kelly Kopp was recently named board chair for the Alliance for Water Efficiency. Kopp has served on the AWE board of directors since its inception. Click here to read more and for information about AWE.
|Interactive Video Conference Recording
- Recording of the IVC presentation, "Change the World with Family and Consumer Sciences Education and Extension," presented by Lindsey Shirley, USU Extension clothing and textiles specialist, is available here.
- Recording of the IVC presentation, "Continuing education for the Food $ense program," presented by Carrie M. Durward, USU Extension nutrition specialist and assistant professor, is available here.