|Leonard Blackham Receives Friend of Extension Award|
|Dedication Garden Named in Memory of Larry Sagers
- The dedication of a demonstration garden named in honor of Larry A. Sagers was held on Saturday, April 12, at the Tooele County Extension office. During his 31-year Extension career (1981-2012), Sagers advanced appreciation and cultivation of gardens, gardening, landscapes and urban forests of Utah and the Intermountain West.
|Welcome New Extension Employee!
- Welcome to Alicia Teuscher, new 4-H educator in Weber County. Alicia grew up in Geneva, Idaho, and was an active 4-H member during her childhood and youth years. She
has a B.S. degree in family, consumer, and human development with a family community services emphasis from Utah State University. She recently completed a military Extension internship at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida. During her internship she worked closely with other personnel to enhance programmatic or childcare efforts, connect families with support systems and engage new youth/families in programs. She was able to volunteer as the base 4-H photography club leader, where she made a tremendous effort to involve those interested in photography. She was coined by the 6th FSS Commander for her efforts and making a difference in participant's lives. She is excited to be involved in Extension and looks forward to working with the youth, volunteers and families in the community.
|Interactive Video Conferences
- IVC presentation to USU Extension FCS faculty Tuesday, April 22, from 9 to 10 a.m. "Change the World with Family and Consumer Sciences Education and Extension," presented by Lindsey Shirley. This presentation will showcase how you can use family and consumer sciences content, design thinking, creativity and technology to engage youth in relevant learning experiences. Click here to register. The event will be recorded for viewing at a later date.
- IVC Food $ense presentation Wednesday, April 23, from 10 to 11 a.m. Continuing education for the Food $ense program, presented by Carrie M. Durward, Extension nutrition specialist and assistant professor. Click here to register. The event will be recorded for viewing at a later date.
- Click here to see Extension Community Small and Backyard Poultry Flocks information on eXtension.
|New YouTube Videos
to watch the video from Live Fit Tooele County, "Family Mealtime by USU Extension."
Save the Date
Utah Water Watch training - April 29 at 3 to 7 p.m., Morgan County. Utah Water Watch is a fun program that teaches volunteers about watershed science and how to measure water quality in lakes and streams. Join the free program and help protect our lakes and streams by collecting important scientific data. Click here for event information or contact Brian Greene.