|Governor's Budget Proposed for 16-17|
Below is the language included in both SB825 and AB1598 regarding the AEBG:
6870-201-0001-For local assistance, Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges (Proposition 98), Adult Education Block Grant Program ........................ 500,000,000
(1) 5670015-Apportionments ........................ 500,000,000
- The funds appropriated in this item are for transfer by the Controller to Section B of the State School Fund to support the Adult Education Block Grant program.
|This Week's Webinar: Spending, Reporting, Website, FAQs, and Governor's Budget|
This week's webinar will focus on updates on the governor's budget, data reporting, fiscal reporting, and revisiting FAQs. It's this Friday, January 15, from 12-1 p.m. and will be recorded and posted to the AEBG Webinar series page. Visit that page or see below for directions on connecting to the webinar.
How to Connect:
Fill out the form and click Connect
- Dial your telephone conference line: (888) 886-3951
- Cell phone users dial: 913-312-3202
- Enter your NEW passcode: 314393
- Click the Participant Log In button under the Meet and Confer logo
- Locate your meeting and click Go
|Use of AEBG Funding|
For those consortia wondering about member's use of AEBG funds - please use the following guidance. Members may spend AEBG funds on items as long as:
- The item is in the consortium's 3 year plan,
- The item is budgeted as an objective/activity in the consortium's 15-16 annual plan,
- Members and the public had a chance to review/comment,
- Members gave the final approval of these plans (which included this item), and
- The member requesting the item is in good standing with the consortium.
|Where's My Funding?|
Almost 95% of the $500M AEBG Program funding has been processed via CDE or via the Chancellor's Office. If for some reason your fiscal agent or district office is not aware of when they will receive their AEBG consortia apportionment funding, please contact our AEBG Office at email@example.com. The AEBG Office has posted links to the CDE and Chancellor's Office Budget webpages that will allow you to download current apportionment schedules.
A great new tool that tracks Adult Education Consortium funding, enrollment, and demographic information for each of the 71 consortia participating in the Adult Education Block Grant is now available on the Legislative Analyst Office website. CLICK HERE to see the tracker or see our resources page.
Please note: with the addition of the AB104 grant, the expenditure and progress tracking system had to update its name to AB104. The system wouldn't allow the AB86 and the AB104 at the same time as they are both attached to the same adult education program (this will change when we get a new adult education-only financial system). Your grant numbers 13-328-XX for AB86 have not changed. You just might see the AB104 header instead of the AB86 header. Please don't be alarmed.
The AB86 Planning Grant activities ended on 12/31/15. All budget changes to Q7 were submitted into the online expenditure system by December 18, 2015. A final report will be due by January 31, 2016, with the close out report due by February 12, 2016. The 10% withholding will be released based on the following steps:
- Step 1: Submission of any budget changes to Q7 by Friday, December 18, 2015. The system did not accept any late budget changes.
- Step 2: Consortia will complete Q7 report (January) and submit for approval by January 31, 2016 (if not sooner).
- Step 3: Once approved by the AEBG Office, consortia will complete their Final Report (in the online system) by February 12, 2016, and submit one or several Practices with Promise via the AEBG website (learn more in story below). Note: if you already have a Practice with Promise on the website you may submit more, but you are only required to have one.
- Step 4: AEBG Office will verify that Q7 report (January) has been approved, that the Final Report has been approved, and Practices with Promise have been submitted & posted.
- Step 5: Once verified, the AEBG Office will release the remaining 10% of the grant.
|The AEBG Practices with Promise site is a tool that allows regional consortia to share promising practices in adult education that are currently in use and proven to work across the state. These practices include current initiatives, pilot programs, or strategies employed in your region for any or all of the program areas as well as practices that have helped your planning process be a success.
We want to hear your stories and we want you to share your promising practices with your colleagues in adult education. Visit AEBGpracticeswithpromise.com
to submit your story today!